Status: Hiatus. Rewriting the chapters. (: New ones soon!

Out of Focus

Waking Up to Secrets

"Justin. You're awake. Good. I'm Dr. Greene."
"Hello." I croak out. "Does it hurt to talk?" "Just a little sore."
"From so many pills. Why?" "I was upset. I'd been kinda depressed. I should have found help. But- well there is no but. I don't have an excuse." 
"Good." "Good?" "Yes. You aren't in denial. Isabella wasn't either." "Isabella? Where?" 
"I was her doctor at Sweet Pines. They transferred me here to Sweet Seas. And Isabella is a few rooms down." "What happened?" 
"She was terribly upset about your condition & Phil being here. She hadn't eaten anything. She was going through a starvation period & she was dehydrated. With her medication-" "She was accidently killing herself." "Yes." "Is she awake?" "Yes."

...

I watch as Isabella comes in. Even with black skinny jeans, flip-flops, & a white tshirt she looks beautiful. Her hair hanging down her back & her rosy cheeks. Gorgeous. 
"Justin?" she croaks. Tears stream down her face. "Isabella?" she runs over & I sit up & put my arms around her. 
She sobs. 
"Bella. I'm sorry. Did you get that note?" She shakes her head, "No they wouldn't let me have it. Libby still has it in her purse. I haven't been able to get my hands on it." 
"Well don't." "What did it say? I won't get mad. I promise." she grabs my arm. "No. It's stupid. I was drugged up." "Justin." she pleads. "No." I say. 
I hug her again & pull her next to me so were both laying down. She lays her head on my chest as I kiss the top of her head. 
"I broke up with Tim." "Why?" "You were right. Actually he broke up with me because I was always here." 
"I hate being right. What happened?" "That night. When I ran into you before the concert? We'd been in his car...and he tried to..." "Ahh. Bella. Oh babe. I'm so sorry." "I know. I just thought he was different." "I heard he's here." 
She immediatley knows who I'm talking about. "She's marrying him. Oh our dads are here too." "Aww babe. He hasn't touched you has he?" 
The way she hides her face in my arm & stomach scares me. "Bella?" "He hasn't. Alice has been staying at Rebecca's every night." "Where have you been staying?" "Ummmm here." "Every night?" 
She sits up & I do to pulling her onto my lap. She wraps her arms around my neck. "Yes. Except like three times." "Why every night?" "I wanted to be here when you woke up. And here like the loser I am I'm right next door. In my own bed passed out." I laugh. "Ahhh Bells." 
"Bells?" she says. I look into her eyes. "I haven't called you that in a long time huh? Aww I'm sorry." "I missed it. I missed you."
"I missed you too. And to make up for lost time..."
I start tickling her to death. "Ahhhhh!" 
I roll her so I'm kneeling over her. "Ahhhhh!!!" "Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells Bells..." 
After a minute or so I stop. I sit back & pull her to me. She hugs me & leans against my chest again. 
"At least you don't have to wear a hospital gown. Ha that'd be kinda weird." "Yes it would. Actually why no hospital gown?" "Like Sweer Pines, Sweet Seas permits you to wear your own clothing. It's a healing process." she smiles. 
I look down at my plaid pajama bottoms & white shirt. "Huh." 
Then I hear a "Uh huh." and Isabella sits back shocked. 
"Hi daddy." she grimaces. "Bella. Justin." I turn around. "Hi Luke." "Been years son." "I know." 
Then I watch as my dad comes up next to Luke. "Dad." "Justin."
I get up & go over to hug him. 
"Doctor told us you wanted to see Isabella first. Gave you some time. Luke & I would like to talk to the two of you."
"I already know." "How do you know Bella?" her dad asks her. 
"I over heard you in the kitchen. I'm okay with it. Makes me happy really." 
Immediatley I know what she's talking about.
"I know too." The three of them turn to me in shock. "How?" my dad says. "I heard you. I could hear everything." 
"Everything?" Bella croaks out. "Everything." I smile taking her hand & squeeze it while looking into her eyes.
"Then what is it we need to tell you?" "Your gay. And together. And it's cool. Although does that make us like brother & sister?"
"Not really. No. Technically we aren't married. But, we are moving here."
"You are?!" Isabella says. "Yes. And that the other thing. Isabella we want you to live with us. Justin your welcome to." "Oh daddy yes!" 
"I'm cool with my mom. Isabella needs to. You need to be away from Phil."

"Okay. We'll talk later. All of us. For dinner next week?" "Yeah sounds good." "Okay see you then. We have to go to set things up at our apartments to move." "Okay."
As they walk out a man walks in. 

"Well what's wrong with me boy? Isabella fill your head with shit?" 
He walks in. He who I assume to be Phil considering the circumstances. 
He moves toward Isabella. I step in front of her. "Move boy."
"I want you out of my room. Now." "Not even a how are you doin'? I came by your room Bella. You were gone. Thought we'd uh visit." he says as he eyes Bella up & down. 
"Don't touch her. Ever." "I just wanted to catch up."
"I don't need to catch up on any new STD's thank you very much. I'm clean & I'd like to keep it that way."
"Little girl don't get snippy with me." "Get out of here. Don't come in my room. Get out. Now."

"The boy said out." Dr. Greene says from behind Phil. "Of course doctor. Just leaving."

"So I assume you know what happened with Phil?" "Yes. Isabella told me." 
He looks shocked. "That's a first." "Because it was hard." Isabella says as she wraps her arms around me from the side.
"I want to let you know Justin that I'm releasing you in two days."
"Really?" "Yes. I think your stable. Of course you'll have regular appoinents with a psychiatrist but other than that you seem healthy." "Thank you. I am."

After Dr. Greene leaves Bella & I sit on my bed for a while. Just talking. 
"I missed holding you. Hey what about the play? And why aren't you at school?"

"Tim has the lead. He took your role. And Rebecca has been bringing my work everyday. I went once & it was horrible. They acted like you were dead. Telling me they were sorry. Worst experience ever."
"That's a lot of school Bells. How many weeks til the play?" "Two."
"I wish I could learn all the moves but it'd be impossible Bells. I'm sorry." I kiss her hairline. "I'll talk to Mrs. Drexel tonight. We can try." "I don't know Bells." "I'm still gonna try." she smiles. 
"Okay. Try only." "Okay." 

Then she falls asleep in my arms.            
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment && subscribe!! Thanks!!

*sara*