Status: Inactive. Ideas are welcome.

I'm Not My Sister

Family Reunion

I've been in La Push for a month and have fallen madly in love with it. I hang out with Quil, Seth and Leah as much as I can and Jacob and Embry finally warmed up to me.

I was currently trying to figure out what to wear to the bonfire that The Pack was having that night when there was a knock on my door. "Come in," I called. The door opened to reveal my grandfather. "Hey Gramps. What's up?" I asked, turing to look at him.

"This just came in the mail kiddo. You may want to read it," he held a letter in his out stretched hand. I crossed the room and grasped it gently, glancing at the return address. I felt a questioning look grace my features as I ripped open the envelope.

Dearest Riley,
Hello my dear. We hope you are having a lovely time with your grandfather and in La Push in general. We have decided to come visit for a weekend, as we miss you very much. Can't wait to see you on Friday.

Love,
Mom, Dad and Heather

I stared at the letter in my hand. I reread it, then again. I looked at the post mark, then to the calendar. "So they are coming today?"

"Seems so," Gramps answered. By the tone of his voice I realized he was just as unhappy about this as I was.

"Gramps," I started slowly,"Would you mind very much if I acted out this weekend?" He gave me a quizzical look. "I just know that if I'm doing well and I'm behaving then they will take me home with them. But I don't want to go home. I fit in more here then I ever did back home." A knowing smile played across my grandfather's lips.

"I'll alert everyone of your attitude change for the weekend," he smiled, starting toward the door.

"Thank you. Oh and Gramps," he turned around, "My clothes may or may not be conservative." He smiled and winked at me, causing me to grin as he closed the door. I know knew exactly what I was wearing to the bonfire.

My family arrived at 1 PM. As I walked out of my room to great them I saw my father's draw drop and my mother's eyes widen. Heather, I noticed, was no where to be seen. "Hi Mom, Dad," I greeted them curtly.

"Hello Riley," my father managed to choke out before averting his eyes. I could see why they were uncomfortable. My black shorts barely hit the tops of my thighs and my tight blue scoop neck tee showed off my cleavage respectfully, however my parents hated shirts like it. On my feet were a pair of black converse wedges.

My mother looked me over briefly before rushing and pulling me into a hug. "We've missed you dear."

I nodded,"So where's Heather?"

"Walking around outside with Nathan," my mom answered. My eyes widened.

"Nathan is here too?" My parents nodded. I fought back the urge to yell but then realized I could twist this to my advantage. "That's great. Well while you get settled in I was planning on meeting some friends. I can take Heath and Nathan with me if you want?" They nodded and thanked me. I waved them off then walked outside, but not before grabbing my mini hoodie and slipping it on. I knew with my darker then normal makeup, along with this outfit, I could easily be mistaken for someone who would be deemed a "slut" or "whore" but I honestly didn't care.

As I walked out the door I clearly saw Nathan and Heather sitting in the grass facing the street. I walked, more like stalked, over to where they were. "Hey Heather. Hi Nathan." They looked up at me and I could have sworn I saw lust flash through Nathan's eyes quickly, just as I saw jealously flash across Heather's face. The both regained their composure and stood. Heather embraced me, as any "loving" sister would. "So I was going to hang out with some friends, you in?" I asked. They both nodded and as we walked off I noticed Heather slip her hand into Nathan's. I simply rolled my eyes and continued walking, aware of Nathan's eyes on me.

When we reached Emily's I simply walked through the door with Nathan and Heather on my heels. I whispered, sure everyone except Heather and Nathan would hear,"Play along." We walked into the living room and I saw the boys nod, signaling they heard and would comply. I smiled. "Hey Quil, Seth." The boys rushed up and hugged me, which I returned eagerly. They had quickly become my best friends and I loved them dearly. When we pulled away I remembered Heather and Nathan. I turned to look at them and almost laughed. They looked freaked out about the fact that they were in the same room as a bunch of buff shirtless guys. I rolled my eyes. "Guys this is my sister Heather and her boyfriend Nathan." Everyone in the pack knew the real reason I was here now so they knew ALL about Heather and Nathan.

"Nice to meet you"'s were heard all around and when that was over I felt arms snake around my waist. I jumped slightly and turned to see who it was.

"Can I help you Seth?" I asked.

"No," he lay his chin on my shoulder then whispered in my ear,"I'm playing along." I smiled and rested into his embrace.

"Nice outfit," Paul winked at me, finally breaking the silence that had settled around the room.

I grinned,"Aww. You noticed?"

"Course I did. Who wouldn't notice you wearing that?" he smirked. I could tell he was playing and smiled before smirking back.

"I don't know. You tell me."

"Since when did you start wearing clothes like that sis?" Heather asked, eyeing me.

I just shrugged,"Since I started hanging out with everyone here?"

"Well I think you look great Riley," Nathan said quickly. I smirked at him and noticed he blushed slightly. Normally I would have been ecstatic that Nathan complimented me but I had already decided the day he & Heather started going out that I wasn't interested in dating him anymore. I couldn't stoop low enough to steal my sister's boyfriend, even if I had loved him first.

Just then my cell went off. "Hello?" I answered after wriggling out of Seth's grip. "Uh yeah. Sure. Bye." I hung up. "We have to go. I'll see you guys tonight," I blew them a kiss then walked out of the house. After checking to see that Heather and Nathan were indeed following me I continued toward Gramps' house.

"So which one of those guys is your boyfriend?" Heather finally spoke. I stopped walking and turned around to face her.

"None of them. Why?"

"Really?" Her shocked expression shocked me. She actually thought I was going out with the boys? Yes!

"Really." I saw Nathan's expression change from irritated to calm. "Why do you ask?"

"Well you seemed extra friendly with two of them," she trailed off.

"And your point?" I asked, faking boredom.

"Nothing.Let's go."

"Riley," my grandfather started as we walked through the door. I turned to face him, a bored expression playing on my features. "You're parents, Heather & Nathan are coming to the bonfire tonight."

"K. I'm taking a shower," I turned, winking at my grandfather briefly before walking to my room, grabbing my robe and then walking across the hall to the bathroom. I locked the door, stripped and then stepped into the shower. As the warm water ran over me I sighed. Why'd she have to bring Nathan along? And why was he checking me out?