Status: Inactive. Ideas are welcome.

I'm Not My Sister

Family Talks Are Not Always Fun

I tossed and turned in bed that night. I was too hurt to even think about sleep. Thoughts of my life before La Push surged through my mind. I finally came to the conclusion that I was never going to be able to sleep, so I threw my blankets off and sat up. It amazed me that Heather had the nerve to accuse me of trying to steal Nathan from her when she did the exact thing to me! And it’s not like that’s what I’m actually trying to do. I could care less about Nathan! I just don’t want to go home.. But where is home?
I got off the couch quietly and snuck down the hall to Quil’s room. I lightly knocked on the door before walking in. To my surprise, he was sitting up in bed and watched as I walked through the door and shut it behind me.“Couldn’t sleep either?” He asked. I shook my head and sat on his bed beside him. “You wanna talk about it?” I shook my head again.
"Not particularly," I managed to squeak out without crying. I had done enough crying when Quil had gotten me to his house. He left me with his mom while he ran to my house and explained what had happened to our grandfather and grabbed some clothes for me. After a few minutes of silence I asked,"How could Heather do that to me?"

"I don't know Ri. But she's a bitch and doesn't deserve to have a sister like you," my cousin wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I cried into his shoulder.

"Thanks Quil. For everything," I whispered.

"Anytime Riley, anytime," he kissed the top of my head just before I fell into a dreamless sleep.

I awoke in a bed and rubbed my eyes groggily. I looked around and noticed I was in Quil's room. I glanced at the clock and it read 10 am. I sighed, remembering last nights events and burrowed down under the covers again. I was so not ready to face the day. I sighed loudly again and sat up, stretching as I did. I sat up and looked around Quil's room. It was exactly as you would expect a teenage boy's room to be like; clothes scattered everywhere, some trash and not really organized at all. I shook my head, trying to smile but failing.

"Oh hey, you're awake." I looked up and saw my cousin. He sat next to me and pulled me into a side-hug. "Your parents were told about what Heather said." I stared at him, motioning for him to continue with my eyes. "They were in total shock and "can't believe that Heather would say such things" but Sam and everyone else backed up the story so they believe it. She got grounded for 3 months."

"Like that's gonna do anything," I scoffed.

"And Nathan's being shunned by everyone, including your parents," my eyes bugged out slightly, "And your parents want to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to them."

"I know you don't but I told them you would later today," my cousin argued. I sighed.

"Fine."

"That's my girl. Now go take a shower then you, me and the guys are going to have a movie marathon." I smiled and nodded. After grabbing clean clothes from the pile Quil got from my house I turned back to look at him.

"You're the best Quil. I love you."

"I love you too Riley. Bestest cousins forever, remember?" I giggled at the memory of us around the age of 4.

"Foreber and eber Quilly!" He laughed and I grinned, actually grinned. I could get through this with my best friends by my side.

An hour later Quil was leading me to my house, despite my protests. "You have to just talk to them Riley. They are your parents!" I sighed loudly and agreed.

"But you are staying with me the whole time." He nodded and pulled me into the door.

After an hour of talking with my parents they brought Heather and Nathan into the room. I tried to run away but Quil held me tight. "Mom, don't do this to me," I begged.

"I'm sorry honey but we think you and Heather should talk too." They motioned for me to go first so taking a deep breath, I started to talk. I told her how I had felt since I was 13; how I hated being in her shadow, hated being compared to her and hated that I hated the older sister who I looked up to. "And then when you started dating Nathan I just cracked. I thought it was obvious that I was in love with him and the fact that he chose you over me just killed me. So I changed. I changed so that people would notice me for me and not a wannabe Heather. I dyed my hair so I stood out even more and I basically did a 180 turn on myself. It's not like I'm pretending or anything, because I actually understood that I had my own thoughts now, but I had to be drastic for anyone to notice." I took a deep breath and sighed lightly. "And the fact that the sister who I loved and looked up to would treat me so coldly and say such nasty things to me like you did last night really tore me up." I wiped a tear from my eye," And I'm sorry that I "threaten" you Heather but I didn't try to steal anything away from you. You still have everything you have ever had."
My mom looked like she was going to cry and my dad looked ready to kill Heather;Nathan looked shocked and Heather was expressionless.
It was silent for what seemed to be ages. "Mom, I don't want to be rude but can I stay with Grandpa for a while longer?" She looked up at me and smiled sadly.
"Of course sweetheart. As long as you need to. Just call every once in a while, okay?"

"Okay Mom. Thank you." I stood up and hugged my parents tightly. Just as Quil and I were about to leave someone tugged on my arm. I turned around and found myself face to face with Nathan.

"You loved me?" I nodded. "Why didn't you tell me? Riley, I liked you for the longest time but then when I couldn't figure out if you liked me back then I fought the feelings."

I looked back at him sadly,"Well keep fighting them because mine are gone." I turned back around wordlessly and walked out of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I worked really hard on this chapter so I hope it lives up to everyone's standards! :D