Independent WoMan

Tell Me What You Think About Me.

“Hey, Alex where are you going?” Jack asked his roommate as he saw the tall man head for the door.

“Out shopping for something,” Alex, Jack’s roommate replied. Alex grabbed his keys and left his apartment. He had a broad smile on his face. This was going to be his night.

Besides being roommates, Jack and Alex were lovers. They had moved out of their respective homes at age nineteen, escaping from families who did not support them. They now lived in the heart of Baltimore, free of being harassed and punished from something they could not control.

Alex walked down the cool streets of the city, glad that he was able to go out without spilling the beans as to what he was going to buy. The chestnut haired man knew exactly what he was going to buy, where he was going to buy it, and even where to get matching shoes. He wouldn’t have to worry about his hair since its ends just came up to his shoulders. He wouldn’t buy shoes that elevated his height since he was already tall and close to Jack’s height. Alex just wanted to look brilliant for Jack.

Setting foot inside of the shop of his choice, Alex was dumbfounded by the amounts of styles and colors he saw. He didn’t know where to begin. He wasn’t exactly an expert when it came to dresses. He watched a small salesgirl walk by.

“Em, excuse me miss, but could you help me?” Alex asked in his most sincere voice. He just didn’t know where to start.

The redheaded salesgirl stopped and turned to look at Alex. “What do you need help with, sir?” she asked him. She had to look up to ask him.

“Well, I’m buying a dress and I just don’t know where to start,” Alex told her, biting his lip.

The girl smiled at him, knowing exactly how to go about this. She had helped many guys before with this. “Do you have a certain color you want to start with?”

Alex thought about this. He never thought he would have to get so detailed in buying a dress for himself. “Actually, I never even thought of colors. What’s a popular color?”

“Pink is quite popular as well as grey and or silver.”

“I guess we’ll start with pink.” Alex was then led around the store by the salesgirl.

After an hour of going around the shop and seeing hundreds of different pinks and styles, Alex was just about ready to kill himself. ‘If this is what girls go through,’ he thought, ‘then I’m glad I’m only doing this for one night.’

“See anything you like?” the salesgirl asked him.

Alex sighed, “Maybe pink’s not the color. Can we try blue?”

“Surely!”

Once more the salesgirl pulled Alex through the store showing him hundreds of blue dresses. This time Alex didn’t feel like killing himself when they stopped. He had found it. He had found the dress he wanted. It had a black cinch around the middle with a scoop neck. The bottom was full and puffy with the top plain with thin straps.

Alex smiled as the girl held up the dress. “I’ll take it!” he exclaimed happily. He knew Jack would like it. Jack liked anything Alex put on.

After Alex had purchased his dress and awkwardly explaining to the salesgirl that it wasn’t for his girlfriend or a girl, he took off down the streets of Baltimore in hopes to find some nice shoes to match. He felt a little funny as his day pressed on with him carrying a dress bag. At least he wasn’t getting odd looks.

Sure enough Alex found a shoe store with a pair of black wedges in the window. He went inside and asked one of the salespeople if they came in the size he wanted. Alex had learned what his shoe size in women’s a long time ago. He memorized it on the spot.

Much to his luck they did have the shoes in his size. Alex bought them and giggled happily as he paid. He then felt a vibrating sensation in his pocket. Taking out his phone, Alex saw that Jack had texted him. He flipped it open to see what his boyfriend had said.

Babe, where are you? I miss you!

Alex smiled and left the shoe store. Out on the streets again he texted Jack back.

I’m out and about buying a few things. I have a surprise for you when I get home. Heart you!

Don’t be too long! I like surprises!

Alex smiled and took off to his last stop, CVS. He had to buy a razor and shaving cream. Oh yeah, he was going all out tonight. Quickly purchasing his last items he took off for home so he could get all dolled up for Jack.

When Alex arrived home he was pounced on by Jack and given a kiss. He gently pushed off his boyfriend and regained his footing.

“Is my surprise in the bag?” Jack asked excitedly. He really enjoyed surprises, especially from Alex.

Alex shook his head. “No darling, now just you wait. Give me about an hour and you’ll have your surprise,” he told his giddy boyfriend. He then walked to their bedroom, locking the door behind him. Alex dropped all of the bags on the bed and began to strip. Once down to his skivvies he headed for the bathroom to shower.

“Alex, babe! Can I shower with you?” Alex heard Jack ask from outside of their bedroom.

Alex sighed and thought about it. He would have to hide everything somewhere if Jack were to shower with him. Yet on the flipside he could enjoy a nice steamy shower with his boyfriend and conserve water. ‘It would be a nice way to start off the night for us both. I would have to kick him out after the shower, but I have to shave my legs. That would give him suspicions. Fuck! And I love showering with Jack too!’

“Sorry hun, but this time you can’t! I don’t want to ruin your surprise!” he shouted back to Jack. He then grabbed a towel and headed for the shower.

Returning from the bathroom with smooth legs, Alex began to get dressed. He felt a little silly when he put on a pair of briefs on and then began slipping himself into the dress. He even laughed when he looked at himself in the mirror when he was finally situated in the outfit. The cinch had really given him a waist and with his hairless legs Alex did appear girly.

Alex then slipped into the black wedges and buckled them in place. They felt so odd, yet so right to him. He had a little difficulty walking around at first, but after a walking in circles for a few minutes he was walking perfectly.

‘Now for the finishing touch,’ Alex thought. He went back to the bathroom. Crouching down to the cabinet below the sink, he grabbed what he needed. He knew all of that Halloween make-up he kept would come in handy. He dug around through the bag until he found blue eye shadow and black eyeliner. Much to Alex’s luck he also found a blue headband with a large bow.

He placed it on his head with the bow opposite his side bangs. He then began to put on the eye shadow. Alex was delicate with the application of his make-up. He wanted it done just right. After all he was trying to impress Jack. Lastly came the eyeliner, which he put of painfully slow so he wouldn’t mess up.

He was then all done up for his lover. Nervous butterflies swirled in his stomach as he began to walk to the door out his bedroom. Just on the other side would be Jack and Alex didn’t know how he would react. Unlocking the door he took a few deep breaths and then opened the door.

“Jack?” Alex asked, not seeing his boyfriend as soon as he walked out.

“I’m in the kitchen!” Jack shouted back to him.

Alex walked as quickly as he could to the kitchen. He reached the doorframe and saw Jack halfway in the refrigerator. ‘Typical Jack,’ Alex thought to himself smiling, ‘always eating or hungry.’

“Alex, babe I think we ran out of… Whoa,” Jack said pulling out of the fridge and seeing Alex. He jaw was dropped with his mouth resembling the letter ‘O.’ “Alex, is that you?”

“Who else would it be?” Alex asked in retort. He then softened up. “Yes, it’s me.”

Jack closed the fridge and walked over to him. He held Alex’s arms. “You look amazing, but why did you dress up?”

“I wanted to surprise you with something different. If it really puts you off I’ll go change,” Alex said the last bit worried.

Jack got closer to Alex and pecked his lips. “No, don’t. I like this on you. I like it a lot,” he kissed Alex again, “You look so delicate and fragile. You look so… vulnerable.”

“Is that bad?”

“Not at all, babe. Do you want to go out?”

“Dressed like this? You’d let me?” Alex was kind of shocked at how well Jack was taking this.

“Well, you did get yourself all dressed up and you know how I like to show you off,” Jack told him, grinning.

“I guess we could. Could we go out dancing?” Alex was excited by the fact that he would be able to go out like this with Jack and be shown off by his boyfriend.

“Anything you want, darlin’. It’s your night tonight.”

“I’ll wait in the living room while you get ready,” Alex told Jack. “Don’t be long.” He pressed his lips to Jack sweetly, then smiling into the kiss.

“Trust me I won’t be.” Jack took off to their bedroom to get dressed.

Alex went into the living room and took a seat on the couch. He sighed happily. He no longer had to worry about Jack accepting him dressing as a girl. He knew Jack would enjoy it.

‘Maybe, just maybe,’ he thought, ‘next time I’ll buy a pink dress.'
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this. Thoughts?