Can You Hear Me?

Welcome Home

Minnie’s lip quivered as she pulled her hair back into a ponytail. She head hurt, she was tired and she hadn’t been home in three days. Lulu, her one year old calico kitten was probably at home hungry if not dead. Minnie grabbed her over sized bag and walked out of the hospital sliding doors.

The weather was slightly chilly, but that was expected in late October. Minnie started her car and weaved her way around the small city, taking the fifteen minutes it took to drive home with tears brimming in her eyes. Once parked in front of her apartment, she climbed out of the little car.

“I’m home,” she called out quietly to Lulu, who was sitting on the couch licking her paw. “Lu, what did you get into this time?” Minnie groaned looking for anything Lulu could have pried open to eat. “Target spotted.” Minnie glared at the broken bag of bread and an open cupboard to the dry cat food. Lulu had managed to waste a perfectly good loaf of bread and spill cat food all over the kitchen floor.

Grabbing the broom from closet, Minnie swept up the food best she could. She didn’t bother throwing it away, not to mention she couldn’t bend over properly due to her swollen belly.
Minnie lay down in her bed, grabbing her lap top and going to her blog, ready to write another entry.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I hope you guys like this story.