Status: Finished!

What If You Stay?

Thirteen

Dinner with Paul with by perfectly and the waitress stopped hitting on him for mostly her sake before she was to make herself look like an idiot, although she already had to me. Now, I was at home getting ready for bed so I could get some sleep before work tomorrow. Dad was already in bed when I got home so I had to be quiet to make sure that I didn’t wake him up.

I had already cleaned my face when I first got home and brushed my teeth and hair, so all I had left to do was change out of my clothes into my pajamas. I kicked off my sandals in my closet before reaching for a pair of my girl boxers that were already on my bed to pull them on before stripping from my cardigan and dress and pulled a light blue button down shirt on.

I began to turn down my bed to climb in when I heard a knock on my window. Turning toward my window to look, I was surprised to see Paul there. Rushing toward my window, I quickly opened it letting Paul climb in landing on his feet softly with no noise.

“What are you still doing here?” I asked him looking over his clothes to see that he had changed. “How did you change?”

“Shapeshifter. Remember?” Paul said smiling.

I rolled my eyes playfully with a nod as I walked over toward my bed to climb under the covers. I watched Paul followed me kicking off his shoes before sitting on top of the covers beside me. He smiled at me, leaning down to press his lips against mine for a quick kiss before pulling away to look around my room. I watched him look at the picture on my night stand before picking it up to get a closer look at it.

“This you?” he asked pointing to the younger girl in the picture looking over at me with a smile.

I nodded then pointed to the older girl and said, “That my mom.”

“Where is she?”

“She passed away a while over a month ago.” I sighed looking down at my hands to fiddle with fingers. “She was the reason why my dad and I moved here. To get rid of her memories.”

I felt Paul’s eyes linger on me as a tear fell from my eyes. I reached up to wipe it away, but Paul beat me to it wiping it away with his thumb before pulling me into him. I rested my head on his shoulder as he rubbed small circles on my arm that was visible. The warmth of his body was starting to lull me to sleep. He moved my picture back onto my night stand and moved us a little where we could lay down.

Lying down, I curled my body into his thinking back on all of the memories that I had with my mom, the good ones that I could clearly remember. Paul kissed the top of my head and I lightly smiled at the gesture. He somehow knew what to do at the right time and to me that made the perfect boyfriend anyone could ever ask for.

“I know it’s not going to help much, but I lost my dad when I was younger.” Paul whispered. I looked up at him to see that he was staring up at the ceiling with a hurt expression. I frowned not knowing what to say to him, probably like he didn’t know what to say to me even though we both had lost a parent. “Where did you move from?”

“Tennessee.” I answered. “Nashville, Tennessee.”

“So that explains the country accent you have.” Paul said chuckling.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked flipping over to get a better look at his face.

“I’m not complaining, if that’s what you’re thinking. I was just wondering where you from because you never told us but we figured it was somewhere south by the accent.” Paul answered leaning up onto his elbows to look at me, putting our faces closer together. “Besides, it’s cute.”

Smiling, biting my lower lip, I felt myself blush at the compliment. Paul smiled leaning forward to press his lips against mine for a kiss that I happily returned. Paul leaned back to lay down again pulling me with him resting part of my body on his to be able to continue kissing him. Our lips moved in sync for a few more minutes before I had to pull away to catch my breath and saw Paul smiling up at me.

I rested my head on his shoulder feeling myself slowly beginning to drift off to sleep. The last thing I felt was Paul kiss my forehead before sleep took over sending me into a dreamless sleep safe in Paul’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Colby

I want to thank you guys so much for the TEN STARS
I really means a lot to me.

No update until I get five comments.