Status: Finished!

What If You Stay?

Eight

Driving Colby back to her house, I couldn’t stop thinking about what was bothering her. I should have never asked her why she moved out here because whatever the answer was, I knew it had to be what was bothering her. I stole a quick glance over at her to see her sitting quietly staring out the window.

I had to fight the urge to reach over to take her hand and to comfort her because I didn’t want her to think that I was some crazy pervert or something. She looked so helpless sitting there making me want to do whatever it takes to protect her and to be there for her. I wish so much that I knew what was wrong so I could help her.

Pulling into the driveway of her house, I parked my car behind her truck and turned the engine off. I took a deep breath before turning to look over at Colby to see that she was still staring out the window, not even making a move exiting out of the car, not that I was complaining.

“I’m sorry about asking you the question.” I said again for the umpteenth time tonight. “I did have fun tonight though and I hope we can do it again, if you want to.”

Colby slowly looked over at me and even though she smiled, but I could tell that it didn’t reach her eyes. I returned the smile back softly, tucking a piece of strand hair behind her ear. While doing so, I really looked over her and saw how beautiful she actually looked.

“You don’t have to continue to apologize, Paul. You didn’t know so it’s not that big of a deal.” Colby said, but I still felt guilty for asking her. “I had a lot of fun tonight too and I would really like to do it again sometime.”

A permanent smile appeared on my face which caused Colby to giggle and this time the smile reached her eyes. My heart managed to skip a beat upon seeing her really smile at me. It took me everything to control myself from not launching at her at attack her lips with mine.

Colby looked away from me and toward the front door of her house. I looked over to see the curtain of the front room’s window move and I figured that it was her dad seeing if it was us. Facing Colby again, I saw that she was unbuckling herself from the seat and looked up at me with a half heartedly smile. I knew by that look that she already had to go, but I wasn’t going to let her go just yet.

“I’ll walk you to your door.” I said climbing out of the car with her following.

I walked toward the front of my car waiting for Colby to walk around. We quietly walked to her front door and stopped up on the front porch in front of the door. We turned to face each other and honestly I think we both were at loss of words of what to say to each other.

Unexpectedly, Colby leaned forward and softly kissed my cheek. When she pulled away from me, I could easily see the slightest bit of a blush forming on her cheeks before running her fingers through her hair below the bobby pin that was in her hair that was holding back a braid.

“I really had fun tonight Paul, really.” Colby said softly whispering. “Um, I better get inside before my dad comes out here himself to check on me.”

Chuckling, I nodded and said, “Okay. Um, I’ll see you tomorrow or Monday at work.”

“Okay.” Colby said reaching for the door handle and turned back toward me. “Night Paul.”

“Night, Colby.” I replied watching her walk inside, hearing the click of the front door tell me that she had locked it for safety before heading back to my car.

Climbing into my car, I started the engine and pulled out of the driveway to head home. It didn’t take me long to reach home, so I parked the car beside my mom’s before something finally hit me, about Colby.

“God damn, I imprinted!” I yelled out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter and long wait.
I'm having a bit of a writer's block.
Forgive me please.