Status: Finished!

I'm Better Off Alone

Chapter 30

Image

Image

*Frank's P.O.V.*

It's been a whole year since Les left us. We had promised her, no matter what, we would finish the album and go on tour to promote it. It wasn't easy, but we wanted to keep our promise to her. For weeks, we weren't productive. Every time I would set foot in the studio, I would break down. I finally got over the fear of being in there, and ended up spending all of my time there.

The day of her funeral, all of the bands that had gotten to know her and get close to her, came. Even those who were our friends and wanted to be there to support us were there.

It hurt more than anything when it finally hit me that she was gone. Even though she was only in my life for a little while, I felt like it had been forever. I felt like I had failed her in a way...

She had left everyone of us letters. She knew what was going to happen and wanted to be prepared for it, I guess. I wish I could have been as strong as she was...

She had left something along with the note she had left me. It was a brand new guitar that I had had my eyes set on for a while. How she knew, or how she even paid for it blew my mind. I was so shocked, that I just sat there, looking at it for hours.

Everyday, I would sit and play it, remembering over the times I had tried to teach her guitar, but she just wasn't interested in it. She told me that she would rather listen to me than play it.

When I had read her letter, it broke my heart, but at the same time, it brought me closure.

Daddy,

I don't know where to start... I know this must be really hard for you, and I'm sorry for that. You were the best thing that happened to me in years. At first, I do admit, that I was scared. But, I never once doubted you. You were a first time father to a teenager with a dark past and who was mute. You helped me get over things that I never though I would, and I thank you for that.

Don't look at my passing as me leaving you forever. That is never possible. I will always be with you. Please, don't grieve for me, you know how much I hate to see you upset. You were the best father a girl could ever ask for.

I want you and the guys to keep going on with the bands and making your music. You guys are so talented and everyone needs to hear what you have to say. So, go jump around on stage like a maniac and break those fan girls heart's, knowing they can't have you.

I was determined to never love a family again, thinking that I wasn't worth it. You changed all of that within such a short amount of time. I always thought that I was better off alone, without any attachments. But, when you took care of me... I knew that it was exactly the opposite. I was meant to have a family. I was meant to love and be loved. I was meant to be with you.

I love you so much. - Les


I pretty much had a mental break down after reading her letter. But I took every word to heart and did everything she said.

That brings us back to today. We are all here at the cemetery to see Les. I stand, looking down at my daughter's headstone. Everyone has set a single, red rose down.

Finally, I lay the rose down. "You were never better off alone. You'll always be my baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok... This is officially the end... Thank you EVERYONE who commented, read, and subscribed to this story. Thank you most of all for putting up with my lack of updating most of the time! lol. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.

Tell me what you think of the ending in one last comment! :) also, check out me other stories! I have tons of them. For those of you who read my Temporary Home and Temporary Life stories, I have another story that I have added to the series. So... Go check it out! :)