Sequel: Tragedy Strikes

Hospital

Hospital

"Hey Dad." I say walking into the living room after a whole day of feeling like shit.
"Yeah kid-o." he says lowering the volume on the TV. He still calls me kid-o even though I'm almost sixteen.
"I'm not feeling so good."
"Yeah, what's wrong? Math test tomorrow?"
"No, I'm serious, my gut's hurting." I say pointing to a spot above my hip.
"It could be your appendix, but it could also be a math exam." He says laughing.
"I'm serious." I say rolling my eyes.
"Okay, we'll go to the hospital tomorrow morning."
"Thanks Dad." I say heading back to my room.
"After school."
"Yeah, yeah, makes no difference." I say as he starts to laugh.

So the next day, after school, we head to the hospital so I wouldn't miss this non-existant math exam my dad kept hinting about. I spent the day in what seemed like agony, holding onto my side all day to reduce the pain. After a couple of tests which included a peeing in a little green cup the results were in. It took them long enough hospitals are boring as hell, I was at least hoping I'd see someone being rushed in all bloody on a stretcher but the ER is on the other side of the building. The doctor walks up to my dad and me with his clipboard.

"Well Miss. Serrier, it has come to our attention that you have an inflamed appendix." He says seriously, "You'll have to get it removed immediately." He turns to my father, "we already booked the O.R. so it'll only be about an hour." I'm starting to freak out a little, scalpels, proddy thingies, needles, jeebus I hate hospitals.

"Miss Serrier, if you follow me, we'll get you prepped for surgery." I look at my dad nervously and he just nods for me to follow the doctor. It all happened in such a rush, nurses asking me various questions, a night gown that didn't cover properly, and finally anesthetics.