Sequel: Tragedy Strikes

Hospital

Hospital

The next day right after breakfast, my dad appeared at the doorway of the hospital room.
"Hey dad." I say as the nurse comes to take the breakfast trays away.
"Hey kid-o, how's hospital life treating you?"
"It sucks monkey-butt and you know that." I say smiling none the less.
"Yeah, I just thought it would be a polite thing to ask."
"So should I ask you how's working nine to five life treating you?"
"I rather you not."
"Okay."
"So was your mom here yesterday?"
"Yeah, she didn't bring me any real food, you didn't by chance happen to bring me real food did you?"
"Sorry but no." he says as he comes to sit in the chair next to the bed, "I'll bring you some tomorrow."
"Okay." I say slightly happier.
"I see your roommate is awake today." He says glancing over at Tre who's finishing off The Catcher in the Rye "And reading your book."
"Yeah well yesterday he asked to borrow it 'cause his friend had been bugging him to read it for like twenty years or something."
"Alright then." My dad mumbles. "So did you get in trouble for playing guitar?"
"Nope, actually got praised for it."
"Really?" I nod. "Sorry I can't stay longer, but I have to go to work."
"Right, see ya later."
"Enjoying the book?" my dad asks Tre jokingly as he's about to leave the room.
"Yup." Tre says smugly, "Your daughter is an excellent guitarist by the way."
"Thanks." My dad says as he leaves the room.

"He seems like a barrel of boredom." Tre says not looking up from the pages of the book.
"Not really, he's not a morning person that's all." I say shrugging. The morning continues fairly routine, a bit of reading, a bit of guitar and all that lovely stuff.

The nurse enters the room with our meds.
"You do know this stuff made me pass out yesterday." Tre says disgruntled. "Can't be good last time I passed out like that I was high on . . . stuff."
"I told you yesterday that your medication would make you drowsy." The nurse says apathetically.
"I think there's a difference between being drowsy and being passed out."
"Yes well I'm not the one who prescribes the medication, I just distribute it." She says as she hands me my meds.
"At least you know yours actually do something, mine could be placebos for all I know." I mutter as I take the capsule.
"Well nighty-night Sadie." Tre says in slight mockery.

I go back to reading when a boy around my age, a real gorgeous guy walks into the room with a skateboard in his hand.
"Dad, hey Dad wake up." He says in a little louder than a whisper.
"He just took his meds, he'll be passed out for a while." The guy rolls his eyes and pulls a cell phone out of his pocket.
"Hey Mona, don't bother coming up, he's passed out . . . . . yeah kinda pointless just go to your courses." He shoves his cell phone back in his pocket and lets out a sigh.
"You must be . . . uhh Franky, right?"
"Yeah that's me." he says as he takes a seat.
"I'm Sadie."
"Yeah Ramona mentioned you." he says smiling, "apparently you're an awesome guitarist."
"Apparently." I say laughing.
"You mind?" he asks as he points at my guitar.
"Go ahead." I say as I pass him a guitar pick. He starts playing a few random riffs and solos. "Whoa you're pretty good."
"Thanks." He says as he hands me my guitar.
"I'm not too good with solos and stuff, but I'm good at writing melodies and shit like that." I say shrugging as I start to play one of my own creations.
"D'you write that?" I nod, "It's pretty cool."
"Thanks."

"Jeebus, how do you stay here all day without going insane with boredom?!" Franky exclaims as he sits on the end of my bed.
"mp3 player, books and guitar." I say checking them off on my fingers, "But yeah, I think I've gone insane and back."
"Do you have a pen or marker or something?" he asks casually.
"Check that bag." I say pointing to my duffle bag sitting on the chair. I watch as the teenage boy walks up to my bag and starts digging through it.
"Aha!" he says proudly. I watch intently as he makes his way across the room to his father's bedside and starts drawing on facial hair and draws the anarchist sign on his arm and writes 666 on his hand. I nearly rip my stitches open laughing. "If anyone asks it was the nurse."
"Of course, she's been walking around the hallways with her black marker behind her ear all day; it was only a matter of time before she drew on a patient." Franky chortles with laughter as he hands me my marker.

"Alright, I came up with our first source of entertainment, now it's your turn."
"Let's fuck." I say jokingly.
"I know I'm irresistible, but I figure it might be dangerous with your condition and everything." He says as he rubs his hands up and down his chest in mock sexiness.
"Oh yeah babe, you're right, if it weren't for my inability to jump, I would so pounce you." I say sarcastically.
"Jeez, you're a trip." He says laughing hard. "So what are you here for?"
"Got my appendix removed."
"Haha, I still have mine."
"Don't taunt me or you'll wake up missing more than just your appendix."
"Ouch, you're vicious." He says smirking, "Gimme more dirty talk."
"Jeebus, I have to stop joking with you, I think you're taking me seriously." I say laughing.
"Don't do that." He whines as he sits back on the edge of my bed. "I'll be good."
"Okay." I say smiling, "Pass me your skateboard."
"Why? It's not like you can use it."
"Just pass it to me before I strangle you with my bed sheets." He rolls his eyes and picks up his skateboard and hands it to me. I reach over and take the marker from my nightstand.
"Hey, hey, what are you doing?"
"Leaving my mark." I mumble as I pull off the cap of the marker. I draw a cartoon penis with an anarchist symbol on it.
"What the hell?"
"Anarchist Dick." I say happily as he rolls his eyes laughing.
"You're a little perv you know that?" he says as he takes the marker from me.
"Well it's what I've been told." I say as I watch him as he takes my guitar.
"Time for me to leave my mark." He mutters as he pulls the marker cap off with his teeth. He draws something then hands the guitar to me. I look upon it to see a dildo with an inscription Dildo Girl
"That's a really lame rip off from my mark." I say laughing none the less.
"Oh I really don't care." He says smugly.

"Hey you're here." Tre says as he sits up.
"Oh uhh hey Dad." Franky says awkwardly.
"I see you're already met Sadie." He says as he takes a sip of water from the glass on his night table. I start to laugh at his drawn on facial hair.
"Yup." Franky says trying to contain his laughter. "She was being mean to me."
"Is that so?" Tre says amused.
"Yeah, she threatened to remove stuff from my body."
"What kind of stuff?"
"He was teasing that he still had his appendix, so I merely said for him to stop or he'd wake up missing a lot more than his appendix." I say crossing my arms.
"Well then you deserved it." Tre says laughing. "So why are you two so giggly? Did a nurse splatter a bed pan all over herself or something?"
"Nope." Franky says innocently, as I can't help but burst out laughing.
"Franky drew on me again, didn't he?" I don't say anything, I just burst out laughing.
"Damn Sadie, can't you keep a straight face." Franky complains.
"No, she didn't give it away." Tre says shaking his head, "Next time don't draw on my arm." I watch as Tre dips a napkin in the glass of water and dab at his face.

"So how long have you been here?" Tre asks as he tosses the wet napkin in the garbage.
"About half an hour." Franky says shrugging as he looks up at the clock. "Ramona drove me."
"She's at school?"
"Yeah, but she'll be by later with Mom."

"Hey Sadie." My mom says as she comes into the room pushing a wheel chair.
"What's that for?" I ask disapprovingly.
"Its for you." she says rolling her eyes, "You need to get out of this room."
"Can't argue with that." I mumble as she helps me into the chair.
"See ya later." I say waving to Tre and Franky as my mom pushes me out of the room.
"Can we go on the roof?" I ask as we wait in front of the elevators.
"Not happening." My mom says laughing lightly. "How does the outdoor eating area sound?"
"Uneventful, but I'll take it." I say as the elevator doors open and we go in. As the elevator stops and we get out Ramona and Tre's wife take their place in the elevator. We head through the cafeteria to get to the area outside with patio furniture.

We sit outside for a while, meanwhile I'm feeling like a lunatic sitting outside in pajamas but then again half the people outside are in their pajamas. I've come to the conclusion sanity is the minority.
"I have to get going soon." My mom says looking at her watch. She stands up from her seat and starts pushing my wheel chair back into the building. As we wheel across my floor Franky, Ramona and Tre's wife are leaving. I heard Ramona call her Claudia, she must be only Franky's mom and Ramona's step-mom.
"Bye Sadie." Franky says as we pass by.
"Bye." Moments after they passed me I hear an OW! coming from Ramona.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." My mom says as she helps me back into bed.
"Alright." I mumble. My mom leaves the room.

"You like him don't you?" Tre says in a girly voice.
"Don't speak like that it's scary." I say laughing. "Like who?"
"You know who." He says smirking, "Franky."
"Uhuh sure." I say rolling my eyes.
"I know you like him, I was pretending to be asleep so I heard your conversation."
"What?"
"You don't leave your mark unless you like the person." Tre says proudly. "Especially such a crotchal one."
"Is crotchal even a word?"
"Don't change the subject. You like him and you know it."
"Yes Tre I'm head over heels for your son." I say annoyed, "is that what you want to hear?"
"He likes you too." Tre says smugly, "I can tell."