Sequel: Tragedy Strikes

Hospital

Hospital

My dad comes by to drop off some 'real food' but leaves soon after.
"I got cookies." I say teasing Tre.
"I got a prostate."
"I don't want a prostate, but I can tell you want a cookie."
"Can I have one?"
"I don't know, there's only 20 in a box."
"Yeah well you can't eat all of them or you'll get fat!" Tre says evilly.
"Touché but I have a fast metabolism."
"Not lying in bed all day." I roll my eyes and toss him a cookie. "Thank you."

"Hey Tre-man, how's it going?" a man with black hair asks as he struts into the room with a man with blond hair.
"Not bad." Tre says shrugging, "I got a cookie."
"Pretty lame huh? The highlight of your day is a cookie."
"Oh guys this is Sadie." Tre says pointing at me, "The awesome guitarist I told you about. Sadie this is Mike and this is Bill-Billie Joe."
"Oh so your Bill friend?" I say happily.
"Bill friend?" the blond guy, who must be Mike, asks.
"Yes well it's complicated." Tre says.
"Not really, Tre was telling me about his attempts to read The Catcher in the Rye and I started referring to you as Bill friend."
"Okay." Billie Joe says laughing slightly.
"Wait, Billie Joe, Mike and Tre." I say slowly, "You're friggin Green Day!"
"So we are." Bill friend says laughing out loud.
"No wonder you knew what song I was playing." I say pointing at Tre.
"It took you long enough to figure out." Tre says in mockery.
"You're music is awesome, I've been a fan since well as long as I can remember." I say ecstatically.
"Awe she's cute." Mike says laughing.
"Now I want to hear you play." Bill friend says pointing to my guitar. What an honor, Billie Joe Armstrong wants to hear ME play. I reach over to my guitar and turn on my amp. I pluck a few strings to check the sound, then I start to play one of my creations (singing along of course). As I finish up I see Billie Joe stuff his hands in his pockets.
"Do you have a band?" he asks.
"Yup, Tragedy Strikes."
"Okay well once you get out, gimme a call." He says handing me a business card.


Adeline Records
5245 College Ave #318
Oakland CA 94618
Billie Joe Armstrong
Co-owner
(313) 555-4455


"Yeah of course. Thanks." I say looking over the card in amazement.

The nurse comes into the room and walks straight up to me with a wheelchair.
"Guess what Sadie."
"Uhh."
"You're moving room."
"What? No!" I say in a less than sane voice.
"Don't worry, I think you'll like your new roommate, she's only nineteen so it's more of someone you can talk to." she says as she moves me onto the wheelchair. I look over at Tre who's in a disbelief of what's happening.
"Bye Tre, Mike and Bill friend." I say weakly as the nurse wheels me out of the room and down the hall.

"What about my stuff?"
"I'm going to get it for you right away." She says as she helps me into my new bed. The nurse leaves the room and I look over at my new roommate who's fiddling with her cell phone.
"Hi I'm Trisha." She says in a perky voice. "Oh jeez, this hospital has really taken a toll on your hair."
"What?" I say as I pick up the mirror which is lying on the nightstand, probably hers. My hair didn't look that bad, I mean I was seriously lacking black eyeliner but other than that I didn't look half bad. "Uhh no, my hair is fine."
"Oh, so you got the whole punk emo thing going?" the human label maker, I sure as hell am not emo!
"Whatever." I say officially pissed.
"Well, what's your name?"
"Sadie." I mumble.
"What are you here for?"
"I got my appendix removed."
"I was in a car accident." She whines, "It was horrible."
"I'm sure it was." I say hoping the nurse will come soon with my stuff.
"I mean, I was just driving along and this moron crashes into me."
"By any chance, were you talking on the phone?" I say intrigued on how she's texting someone as she talks to me.
"Yeah, but you don't get it, this moron came out of nowhere and I was rushed in an ambulance and-"
"Yeah okay." I say cutting her off, officially annoyed by the mere sound of her squeaky voice.

"Here we go." The nurse says bringing in my duffle bag, guitar and amp. "How are you two getting along?"
"Fine." Trisha says happily. "Wait, you're not going to be playing that, are you?"
"What?" I ask confused then realize she's talking about my guitar, "Well I have headphones."
"Jeez, I can't stand rock music, my brother is always playing his guitar, it's so annoying. Like haven't you ever heard of hip hop?"
"Yeah whatever." I mumble as I shove the ear pieces of my mp3 player in my ears.