Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

Life

I hated seeing my sister in as much pain as she was. She was sleeping in between her contractions, which weren't happening very often. Marque mentioned that they could just be Braxton Hick's contractions. The look Josline gave Marque when he said that, I was scared she was going to make his head explode. I had been sitting next to Josline basically the whole time. She was curled up on her side, and she had a pretty good grip on my hand. I was glad she didn't have long nails, because then my hand would of started to bleed.

“Airin?” Josline's quiet voice said.

“Yeah?”

“Can you call Josh for me?” She asked. She looked up at me, and her green-blue eyes showed pain and desperation.

“Yeah, yeah. I'll do that.” I got up from the chair, and Marque then took over. I walked outside into the cold December air. I took out my phone and started to dial Josh's number. I waited, two rings.

“Yeah?” Josh answered.

“Josh, has your plane left yet?” I asked.

“Airin? What, no, it's boarding right now. I was just about to go through security. Why?”

“You might want to come to the hospital.” I said.

“Why? What's wrong? Is everyone okay?” He sounded worried.

“Well, your son has decided to be a drama queen and arrive two weeks early.”

“What? How...WHAT?!”

“Yeah, so I suggest you get your scrawny excuse of an ass over here.”

“Okay, I'll try to get there as soon as I can.”Both Josh and I hung up the phone. I turned around to go back into the hospital.

“Hey, Airin!” I turned around to find Keith running towards me.

“Keith? What're you doing here?” I gave him a quick hug.

“Marque texted me. And besides' I told Josline I was going to be there when she did have the baby.” Keith said. I smiled at my cousin. I got a closer look at his face. There was a new bruise forming on his face.

“Keith...what is...” I motioned my hand to his face. Keith's hand covered up the bruise.

“Oh, I just fell.” Keith said. He wasn't a very good liar.

“Really, Keith?”

“Can we not talking about it. I mean, Jaws is having a baby, that's more important than how I got my bruise.” Keith said. I nodded and we both walked up to Jaws' room. Marque was waving his arms around, most likely telling Jaws a story. Jaws was smiling, which was good. She hadn't smiled since we got to the hospital. I cleared my throat, and Marque stopped his story. They both looked over at us.

“Keith! You're here!” Jaws said, holding her arms out for a hug. Keith walked over and hugged her. “Oh, what happened to your face?” Jaws asked. Keith told her that he fell, and she seemed to believe him. Probably because she was really tired.

Marque got up from the chair and walked towards me. “Did you call Josh?” He asked when he was standing next to me. Marque looked back at Jaws and Keith, who were talking about something.

“I did. I don't know if he's going to be able to make it. His flight was just boarding.” I said. I wrapped my arms around Marque, who returned it.

“I hope he makes it.” Marque said, his face buried into my chest.

As much as I disliked Josh from time to time, “Me too.”

About an two hours or so had gone by. Josh still hadn't showed up,Jazz did though. Everyone had been wandering around, Marque and Keith were on a “mission” to find Josh. Jazz had restless legs, so she was walking up and down the hallways. I was staying with Josline, who was sleeping at the moment. I was rubbing her shoulder, when there was a knock at the door. I looked at Josline, who didn't even stir at the sound. I got up to open the door.

“I'm not too late am I?” Josh smiled slightly. I smiled back at him. He looked tired, or stressed. Or both. Maybe a mix of elation as well. Josh then held up 3 pink carnations. “These are her favourite, right?”

“How did you find those? I didn't think those were in season yet.” I said. Josh shrugged slightly.

“Guess that's just how much I love her.” I smiled, and then, I don't know what came over me, but I hugged Josh. He seemed to hesitate slightly before returning it. I let Josh go and clapped him on the shoulder.

“She's sleeping right now. She hasn't been getting much. Be quiet.” I said, before leaving him alone with Jaws. I walked out to the waiting room. Jazz was sitting there, with her legs draped over one arm on the chair. She was also sleeping. I rolled my eyes, pushing on her shoulder slightly. She grumbled, and her hand she had folded across her stomach flew back and almost hit me in the unmentionable area. It was a very good thing I had quick reflexes. Her eyes opened and she looked up at me confused.

“What?” She whined.

“Josh made it.” I said.

“Huh? OH!” Jazz fell out of the chair in pure excitement. She scrambled to her feet. She looked around, then back at me. “Well, where's Matt then?”

“I don't know. Maybe he got eaten by something.” I said. Jazz frowned.

“You probably pushed him down a stairwell or something.” Jazz stated.

“I would never do such I think. I like the guy. Hell, if I weren't dating Marque, and Matt wasn't dating you, and he was gay, I'd date him.” Jazz gave me a “what-the-fuck” sort of look and rolled her eyes.

Everyone was becoming extremely restless the time morning arrived. Josline did sleep through most of the night, and Josh fell asleep in the chair next to her. Jazz had left around midnight, and returned at 8 with Matt. Josline had demanded that Jazz be with her in the delivery room. She was surprised that Jaws wanted to her to be with her. No one else would do it. I would have, but me and blood didn't seem to mix well with one another after what I had done to myself a few years back.

“How long have we been here?” Marque asked, stretching himself out on the floor. He always slept in weird places. I looked down at my watch.

“About 14 hours.” I said, stretching my arms out behind me.

“And she's been in delivery how long?” Keith asked. Keith had been there all night, and he was starting to look more haggard than usual.

“About 2 hours.” I said.

“God damn, that kid is a drama queen.” Marque said.

“Jaulby trait. Get's it from his momma.” Matt said.

“I don't know about that one.” Jazz's voice said. I turned around and looked at her. “I think Josh has Jaws in the running for most dramatic person.” She smiled slightly. Marque sat up, still on the floor.

“Well?” Marque looked up at his sister, who looked right back at him.

“Well what?” Jazz said. Marque smacked his forehead. “Oh...OH! Right! Well, 6 pounds, 7 ounces, 18 inches long. Such a small little thing.” Jazz gushed. Jazz didn't like babies much to begin with, so it was strange seeing her excited about this.

“That's nice, but does he have a name yet?” Keith asked. Jazz looked stunned to see Keith was still there.

“Yes. He does.” Jazz paused, obviously trying to add dramatic effect. “Finley Matthew Ramsay.” Jazz smiled, quite widely too. Marque went 'awe'.

“I want to see him now!” Marque said, getting up off the floor. Jazz smiled, and led the way back to Josline's room. The door was open, so we could walk right in. Josh was sitting on Josline's bed, Josline was holding Finley.

“Jaws?” Jazz said, before we entered the room. Josline looked up, she definitely did look tired now.

“Oh, hi guys!” Everyone filed into the little hospital room, Marque seemed more excited than anyone to see the baby. He always did love kids.

“Oh, he's so small!” Marque said when Josline let Marque hold Finley.

“Didn't feel that small.” Josline said with a grim expression, but it was soon replaced with a laugh. Marque looked at me with bright eyes.

“I want one!” Marque said, making everyone else laugh. I smiled at Marque, holding out my arms for the baby. Marque carefully handed him to me. Finley definitely was a small baby. He looked up at me with his crystaly blue eyes. He definitely got Josh's eyes.

“Well hi there little dude.” I said. “Welcome to the craziest family in existence.”
♠ ♠ ♠
SEE! NO BEING MAD AT JOSH!!!
Awww, Finley Matthew Ramsay. Like it? Yes? No? If no, which name would you have liked?