Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

New Beginnings

Keith went to Mexico, and he seemed super happy to actually be getting away from everything. He really did deserve the time off. Keith actually did a lot of work for the band. He designed our album art and the t-shirt designs for ED. He was basically our sound guy during a sound check, and he also was the one who managed the website. He did a lot for everyone, and he really needed the time off. And since he was going to Mexico during Spring Break, he was bound to get into some kind of trouble, whether it be good or bad. We, Keith, Matt and I, compiled a list of things he had to do while in Mexico. The top item on the list was “Do not get arrested.” Hopefully he would come back with that scratched off.

Our manager had contacted us two days after Keith left. I had to get a hold of Keith. He didn't seem to want to answer his cellphone while in Mexico. I finally did get a hold of him, just as he was waking. Apparently I was calling him between 2 and 9 in the morning. The time changes really screwed me up. I told Keith he had to be prepared to go back on tour within a few days of him getting back from Mexico.

I was excited for the tour. Josline seemed a little bit reproachful to go, because she didn't want to leave Finley. We would only be gone for at least 2 months, but I don't even think I could be away from my newborn, if I had one, for that long.
Jason couldn't come with us this time, because he recently had surgery on his hand for his carpal tunnel syndrome. It was going to be interesting to see the road rage come out in the band when it was their turn to drive. Josline was getting off easy on that one. She didn't have her full license just then. Knowing her, she'd be the back seat driver.

I was looking over the tour dates, occasionally muttering something to myself about some negative aspect of the town or city one of the shows was in. The first show was in Kelowna. That was sure to bring back memories. The next show was Trail. The second to last show was in Montreal. No one in Ellaries Dollhouse knew French, except for Marque, hence his French sounding name, so he usually responded to people who spoke to us in French. Josline and I were English, so people were constantly asking us to say things in our accent. It got a little annoying after a while. Keith was part English, due to his mom being related to our mom, and part Canadian, because his dad was born in Canada. As was Keith and Brandon. Our aunt moved to Canada when she was in her late twenties.

“Airin, do you remember the names of the people in the band, and the band name, we're supposed to be touring with?” Marque asked me. I looked at Marque, then down at the piece of paper.

“The band name is Can't Speak Dead. The singer slash guitarist is Eric, the bass player is Mikayla and the drummer is, and get this...Colbie.” I said.

“Colbie? As in OUR Colbie?” Marque questioned. “Well, more your Colbie than my Colbie...but still!”

“Yeah, Colbie Lucas. 'Our' Colbie.” I smiled at Marque.

“What happened to Colour Hues?”

“They broke up a few weeks after we got off tour with them. Jessica wanted to go back to school, and Richard was ready to settle down with Katherine.” I explained.

“Well, damn. I liked Colour Hues. Jessica has such a unique voice. But at least Colbie has something to do other than sit at home and smoke some pot.” Marque frowned. It was true, Colbie did smoke pot occasionally, but he ALWAYS remained sober on tour. “But Can't Speak Dead sounds really cool too.”

“They do. Especially with Eric's voice. He went to school with us too, remember?” Marque looked confused.

“Oh! Oh yeah! Eric Lawson! He's pretty cool too! Didn't Josline and him do a cover of 'Broken' by Seether in high school?” Marque asked. I nodded. Josline and Eric's voices meshed well with one another. “Oh! Maybe they'll do some sort of duet thing on tour!” Marque seemed more excited for Can't Speak Dead then Ellaries Dollhouse. I smiled at his enthusiasm.

I had to go pick up Keith from the airport when his plane showed up later that night. I was super excited to see him. His normally pale complexion was tanned, which made his light brown hair stand out more than usual. While I was driving him back to Joslines, where he was staying until he saved up enough money for his own apartment, I noticed that he was a lot happier. His presence was just much more up, and positive. The way he talked was much more pleasant. He showed me the list we had compiled for him, and only 3 things weren't scratched off. 'Do not get arrested' was scratched off, so that was a good thing. The way he described his experiences, his voice just oozed of happiness. He said at one point, he was “found” by the Much Music crew that was there filming their Spring Break special with a band I had never heard of, and got dragged into the infamous “flamingo thong” bit of the show. Of course, Keith being Keith, he'd try anything once. He said the experience “de-manhood-ized” him. While he was explaining these stories to me, I got a good look at his hands. He didn't have his wedding ring on any more. I think he was finally moving on from Olivia. Keith's positivity was really starting to shine through.

And I liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writers block gets the best of us. It really does suck.
But yay for Keith finally getting over 'Olivibitch' as she is now known as.
Ps, Jacks Mannequin...if you haven't heard of them, you should listen to them, and STAT!
AND pps, for any of you Mission District fans, I was thinking about writing a Rob Rousseau fic...just sayin'.