Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

Case of the Road Rages

“Are you fucking kidding me right now?” Marque stated angrily. We had gotten back on the road, and Marque had decided to take a turn at driving. “Don't back up! Your ass wont fit in there! FUCK YOU!” Marque beat up the steering wheel quite violently. I had pressed myself up against the side of the door. Jaws was sleepy, Keith was sleeping. How he slept through all of Marque's road rage, I would never know.

“Marque, don't yell!” Jaws complained from the back seat.

“But this jerk-off is trying to back into a space that HE KNOW'S HE CAN'T FIT IN!” Marque pressed his hand against the horn on the steering wheel. Marque did not like traffic. Especially at 6 in the morning. “MOVE! MOVE! You IDIOT!” Marque said.

“Calm down!” Josline said firmly. She only sounded like a mother when she was attending to motherly duties, or when she was trying to calm down Marque's road rage.

“But I have a...” Marque rolled down his window and stuck his head out of it. “Dude! I have a fucking trailer! MOVE!” Marque hit his hands on the roof of the van. He was staring to really starting to get pissed off. Marque slumped against the back of his seat with what seemed like enough force to almost break the chair. “You know what? I give up. When you FINALLY figure out that you can't back into the space, you IDIOT, you will receive a less than pleasant hand signal from me!” Marque said ferociously. Every thing became suddenly quiet.

“We should have recorded that.” Jaws said after a few minutes of silence. Marque looked back at my sister, a 'what-the-fuck' look on his face. Then, Marque started to laugh.

“Aw, man...Jazz and I definitely are siblings.” Marque said, still laughing. After the laughter had settled, it was quiet, aside from the car horns. The person who was trying to back into the space had finally given up and pulled out of the space and drove off down the street. “FINALLY!” Marque said, starting to drive again. Marque had completely forgotten about his threat and kept driving down the street. “Some people...fuck. I HATE driving.” Marque grumbled to himself. Marque didn't swear...ever. Well, occasionally he would swear, but he was a relatively calm guy. I say relatively because he had his moments of anger, or over-enthusiasm. Mostly calm.

Keith had jostled himself awake when a loud song on his iPod scared him. He pulled the headphones out of his ears and looked around confused. Josline was looking at him, and I could tell she was holding back a laugh. “What?!” Keith said. Josline burst out laughing, Keith frowned at her. Keith leaned over in the seat and started to tickle my sister. She squirmed around in her seat, and she was laughing so hard she couldn't breath.

“Stop! Keith! Stop it!” Josline said in between laughs.

“NEVER!” Keith said. Keith was almost 25. He was still a goof ball.

“Hey! If you two don't get along, I will turn this van around!” Marque said, looking at Keith and Josline in the rear-view mirror.

“Back to where that D-bag was trying to back into a space where he knew he couldn't fit?” Josline said. Marque peered at her through the mirror.

“Carry on.” Marque said, going back to concentrating on the road.

The rest of that drive consisted of random chatter. Marque had given up with driving by the time we were an hour outside of Kelowna. No one said Keith should drive, because there would be no music, so it was my turn to drive. I didn't mind driving. I felt that when I drove, I was completely at ease from everything. It was weird, but the strangest things relaxed and soothed me. Driving was one, then there was the chai tea thing. Well, a lot of people drank tea to relax themselves, so it wasn't that weird. I liked to also write essays. Strange, I know. But writing about a topic that I can stay focused on really helped from time to time. Over time, I noticed every one in ED had a different way of relaxing. Marque just rocked out (relaxing and rocking out are completely different things, but he still manages that) to his music, or he read a book. Josline wrote in her spare time. Not songs, well she did write songs, but she wrote a lot of poetry and short stories. She had a weird way of turning really normal things, like a desk lamp, and turning it into some really evil thing that causes trouble. Keith was into yoga and going for walks when it was super sunny outside. It was the hippie child in him. Everyone's personalities were just so different. But some how, we all got along, even when we were SUPER pissed off at the world.

I loved that everyone in the band was someone I knew so well, and had known for a long time. I couldn't imagine being in Ellaries Dollhouse with anyone else but them. We had such a close bond.

Who knew that our strong bonds could be momentarily frayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, but it may not make sense because I'm jacked up on painkillers right now. But you know, I'm just going to be a big bitch in the near future and totally just mess up everyones lives! Just because I'm mean >.< And I was thinking the next update should be in Josh's POV. Just so you can see how he interacts with Finley on his own time.