Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

Cross Dressing Siblings

I thought I would go see Josline, and see how she was doing. Marque had gone out to see Jazz, so I didn't want to be alone for most of the day. I hadn't really spent much time with her since I saw her in the hospital. I walked right up to the door and knocked lightly. I was there for a few seconds before the door swung open, revealing Josh and his bed-head.

“Dude, it's 4 in the afternoon, why do you have bed-head?” I asked curiously.

“I was taking a nap.” Josh said matter-of-factually.

“Oh, well, is my sister around?” I asked. Josh shook his head.

“No, she went out shopping. She had to get a pair of jeans that weren't skinny jeans.” Josh explained. “And none of my jeans would fit her.”

“Why...why does she need new jeans? That aren't skinny jeans? And why are those the only kind of jeans she owns?” I said.

“Because it's Josline, and she's weird.” Josh said. I smiled, it was true. “She just went to the little thrift store place down 3 blocks from here.

“Oh, well, I'm in my jogging pants. I think I can jog there.” I said.

“Yeah, but you have flip-flops on.” Josh pointed out. I looked down at my feet.

“Well fuck.” I scratched the back of my head. “Oh well, I'll walk.” I smiled and said good bye to Josh. I continued walking down the side walk, looking at all the yards. Flowers were starting to bloom, and some children's toys were littered across some. I got about two blocks down, and Josline appeared around a corner. I waved at her, ad she smiled back at me.

“Hey Airin! What are you doing outside?” Josline asked me.

“Enjoying this wonderful sun while we still have it.” I replied. “And, I wanted to see you, and see how you are doing.” I eyed Josline's hand.

“Oh, I'm fine. It's still a little frustrating though. I had a doctors appointment yesterday, and the doctor said there is a high possibility that I may not be able to play guitar again.” Josline's expression turned into a sour face. Her facial features soon sprung back into it's usual happy self. “Oh well, if I keep at it, I think I'll manage.”

“Well, that's good you're thinking positive. I don't think Keith, or myself, could manage the solo to “Train Ride”.” I said. Josline smiled at that. We always told her how great of a job she did with solo's, but I think know, she was starting to take them to heart. Josline said a small thank you, and we started walking back to her house.

“So, why did you need new pants?” I asked.

“I needed them for a charity event.” She said.

“Charity event?” Josline nodded.

“Yeah, I have to dress up as a guy. It's for the Gay and Lesbian centre downtown. They asked me to be a guest speaker.” Josline did a lot of work with the centre. Mostly, when we were off tour, she would put in a couple hours of volunteering down at the centre. I had always wanted to get involved in something like that, but it seemed I never had that time to."You know, Airin, you can come with me." I raised an eyebrow at my sister. "I'm allowed to bring a guest. Josh can't come with me because he's got some thing else going on."

"So, explain to me again, what this is for?" I asked.

"Basically, it's to raise money for a centre for gay-lesbian-transgendered youth that have been abused. It's like a safe haven for them." Josline smiled lightly. She always did have a sensitive personality, especially when it came to making a difference. "You have to dress up as the opposite sex though." I looked at her a little strangely. "The event is called 'Gender Bending for a Change'." I chuckled at the little joke in the event name.

"So...I'd have to dress up like a girl?" Josline nodded. I stopped her, put my hands on her shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. "Josline, I want you to make a woman out of me."

"Oh, I think we should just stay siblings."

“That's not what I meant you goober!” I said. Josline just giggled.

“Oh, well what did you mean?” Josline smirked at me. They way the two of us interacted with one another, if we weren't siblings, people would swear up and down we were dating.

“I meant, dress me up as a woman.”

“Well why didn't you say so, you doorknob!” Josline playfully hit me on the shoulder.

“I have my boundaries though. No skirts. I don't like the breezy feel I get down there.” I said.

“Alright, well you can...wait, how do you know...never mind.” Josline pressed her hand to her forehead.

Josline came over to my apartment later that evening to help turn me into a woman. Honestly, it wasn't that difficult. Since I did look a lot like my sister, it wasn't that hard to transform me into a girl. Josline got her way and made me wear a skirt; and I never realized how weird bra's were until that night. A lot of tissue and paper towels went into making me 'busty' as Josline put it.

“I probably don't know any one there.” I said, while Josline was attempting to style my difficult hair in the bathroom. “What would I even say to people?”

“I hear 'hello' is popular.” Josline said, running the straightener through my hair.

“Smart ass.” I muttered.

“Seriously Airin, you make friends easily. I don't think you're going to have any trouble.” She told me. Josline turned off the straightener and put some kind of hair gel in her hands and worked it through my hair.

“But I'm not going to be Airin tonight.” I said. “I'm going to be...YOU!”

“So, does this mean I have to be you?” Josline asked me.

“Not necessarily.” I said. Josline kid of smiled at me. Josline didn't really have to put much work into her outfit. Baggy jeans, over-sized tee-shirt, a hat with her hair tucked underneath it, no makeup. Her's was simple, mine was difficult. It felt like Freaky Friday, like I had switched places with my sister. And I didn't make a very good looking girl.

As soon as I hopped off the bathroom counter, the front door opened. “Hi Marque.” I said.

“Hey baby.” He called back. I heard him scuffling around the living room. Josline left the bathroom, straightener and hair products in hand. “I don't think you're Airin.” Marque said. I heard Josline laugh. “Why are you here?”

“Getting Airin ready for a charity event we're going to.” Josline said. I took that as my cue to come out of the bathroom. Marque stared at me.

“What kind of charity event is this Josline?” He asked my sister without taking his eyes off me.

“To raise money for a Gay-lesbian centre. You have to go as the opposite sex.” Josline said, packing up her things in her back pack. She was not a normal girl. She didn't like carrying purses around, unless she had to.

“Oh, well that makes sense then.” Marque said with a sigh of relief.

“Oh, come on. I make one sexy girl.” I said cockily.

“No...no you don't.” Marque said bluntly, but I knew he was joking. “Josline on the other hand...” Marque wiggled his eyebrows at my sister. Josline smiled and rolled her eyes.

“You wish you could get with this Marque.” Josline said, waving her hand up and down beside her body.

“You know it Josline.” Marque said, putting one arm around her waist and kissing her cheek.

Marque and Josline had to be a pair of the weirdest friends ever. They argued over everything, but they were pretty much best friends. It was strange how close we were with the Baxter's. Josline and I met them when we were in grade 10 and 11, Marque was in grade 9. We hadn't known each other that long, but it still felt like we had known them our whole lives.

“Hey now, let's not forget, your fiancee is right here!” I laughed.

“Sorry Airin, but I think Marque has moved on.” Josline said.

“But...Marque! She's my sister!” I said, a look of fake-shock one my face.

“What can I say? I love the Jaulby's.” Marque smiled.

“Okay, you can have Jaws. I'll just go explain to Josh how his girlfriend has left him for a gay man, and I will then comfort him.” I winked.

“Oh, hello no!” Josline exclaimed. He facial expression made me laugh. It was a mix of shock, horror and a bit of humour.

“Fine, then give me back my fiancee!” I said. Josline pushed Marque towards me. He stumbled forwards and nearly fell, but I took hold of him so he wouldn't fall. “Thank you.” I said, giving a short little nod at Josline.

Marque looked up at me, “I would never leave you anyways.” I smiled.

“Good to know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If you caught my Futurama reference, you get 40 cool points.
And would you want to read about the charity event? I have it written up, but it doesn't really have much to do with the plot line. This was really filler-ish, but I think it was time for some hilarity.