Status: Completed :)

It's a Love Story, Baby Just Say...

Dream

Taylor POV

All my morning sickness was gone when I woke up at 11:30. Stephen was already up and by the sounds of it in the shower. I sat up and looked around the room from my bed. The layout was great, a door that cut off the rest the room from the bedroom, and then I moved over to Steph’s side and saw the sitting area, bathroom door, and then two more closed doors. I remembered the view of a lit up city last night so I got up and walked out to our balcony. The sun was shining down on the large terrace and the waves were lapping up the large rocks the Castle sat atop.

I sat in one of the lounge chairs and let the sun warm my skin.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I had a dream about Stephen and a baby last night. I couldn’t tell if the baby was a boy or girl because they were so far away from me, but Stephen was holding the baby and frowning.

“What’s the baby’s name?” I asked him. Stephen looked up at me and continued to frown.

“I can’t tell you.” He answered.

“Why not?” I asked,

“Because there isn’t a baby.” He unraveled the blanket in one swift motion and there was nothing…

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I wasn’t sure what to make of the non-existent baby but I knew it was just a terrible dream. The sun was beginning to burn my skin so I got up and walked back into the room. Wondering what the two other doors were I opened the one closest to me and dropped my jaw.

Rows, upon rows of dresses, shirts, pants, jeans, skirts, shoes, everything! A large vanity sat in the middle of everything with a large light up mirror, a whole make up kit, and them jewelry doors on either side.

“Holy shit!” I squealed doing a happy dance. I heard chuckling behind me so I turned and saw Stephen laughing at me.

“What?”

“Nothing, I’m sure our stylist would’ve loved to see your reaction to her second home.” I quirked an eyebrow.

“Our stylist Betty, she is in here almost every day picking out clothes for you and then me.”

“huh. Well are you done with the bathroom? I need a shower.” He moved aside and I walked into the bathroom. The bathroom looked much prettier now that I wasn’t hurling in the toilet, I stripped out of my clothes and got into the shower.

-----------------------

Stephen has been showing me around the Castle for the past two hours. We had to meet Georgia in the Garden at 3 so we had 20 minutes to get there, and by the looks of it we were gonna need those 20 minutes.

“Alright, this is the ballroom where all the parties are held, and this is gym, and this,” there were so many rooms in this Castle, I only listened when he pointed out bathrooms.

The garden was amazing. Very green, lots of flowers, and a massive water fountain. Georgia was waiting for Stephen and I ate a small wrought iron table.

“Have a nice night?” she asked us. I nodded.

“Yes, very nice to sleep in a bed and not on a plane.” She smiled and gestured for us to take a seat.

“So, from what Queen has told me you are 17 weeks?” Georgia asked. I nodded.

“Alright, so that means I must cancel all out of country appearances after the next three weeks. Your Doctor is Dr. Koppel, correct?”

“Correct.”

“Alright well, I will make sure everything is properly arranged with the Pilot. Next, you two must attend a Greeting Party tonight for Taylor. Introduce her, Stephen you must announce your engage-“

Georgia’s eyes landed on my ring finger.

“That’s not an engagement ring, Stephen.” Stephen bit his lip.

“No, no it’s not.”

“You have to give her an engagement ring by 5 o’clock, parties at 5:30, but you must walk the carpet for the Photographers.” Stephen sighed and nodded.

“Alright, is that all?” Georgia nodded. Stephen and I stood up and walked back to our room in silence.

--------------------

At 4:45 Stephen and I were both dresses for the party and I was freaking out about the engagement ring thing. When I sat on the lounge beside him he was twirling the black velvet box between his fingers. Stephen looked over at me and forced a smile. I forced one back and watched as he got down on one knee.

Breath Taylor, breathe.

Stephen took a deep breath and looked up at me.

“Taylor, you know that I love you and that if I could I would still want us to be together, just not this way. I can only hope that you’ll agree to spend the rest of your life with me, will you marry me?” he popped the lid up and showed me the beautiful ring, which made it ten times more difficult for me to give him my answer.

“No.”

Stephen POV

That one word left her lips and I felt slightly relieved, but heartbroken.

“N-no?” I stammered, Taylor nodded and wiped away tears that were now falling down her cheeks.

“Why?” she swallowed back tears and looked me in the eye.

“I don’t want you to feel like you have to do this, I want you to purpose when you are ready. I will wear the ring, and say ‘Yes, we’re engaged.’ But both of us will still just think of it as a promise ring.” I got off my knee and sat down on the floor, staring at the ring in my hand.