Status: I update about once a week, twice if I get feedback ;)

One Day I'm Single, The Next I'm Engaged!

Parker...

ZOEY'S POV

I was glad I had forgiven Sam, and he did for me. In a way I think that I still in some ways don't feel right about this whole arranged marriage thing. Especially since I didn't choose it for myself, hint on the 'arranged' part of it. I feel bad for hurting Parker, but he wants something he can't have. Without myself knowing it, I bet I was meant to be married by it being arranged. I might not like it, but if it weren't for it being 'arranged' I would have never met Sam!

Sami's still hasn't gotten over Boston, but I wouldn't blame her. It's been a long time since she's been in a relationship, and she's very sensitive when it comes to things like these, when the guy cheats on her, it makes it even worse. By now, she's been crying for one week straight. I've pretty much gotten used to the signs. Whenever I come home from wherever I was, I have to come prepared with ice cream and junk.

I just don't see how guys can be so ignorant when it comes to having all control of a girl's emotions. Parker is very sensitive, and understands someones feelings. Ugh, I need to stop thinking about him. Maybe I can't, maybe that's the reason I'm visiting him right now.

As I walked up the steps to his apartment, I hesitated on crossing my foot over to the last step. I took baby steps over to the door, then thought about whether or not I should even knock on the door. Would he be disappointed when he sees my face? Would he get suddenly angry that I even showed up? By the time I had decided I would just go home, I realized I was already knocking on the door.

I heard the door unlock, and saw a face slowly appear as the door opened. He starred blankly at me, probably wondering if I was actually there. "Zoey?" He asked.

"Hey, Parker I wanted to-."

He picked me up and twirled me into the air, carrying me inside. "Zoey, I'm so glad you're here!" He plopped down on the couch, with me in his arms, and sitting on his lap. "So, how have you been?"

"With Sami's frantic crying over Boston, it's hard to concentrate. So, I guess it's the usual. What have you been up to?" I had started playing with his fingers, and intertwined our hands.

"Oh, just the opposite of you. It's so quiet around here I can actually here my thoughts!" He smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"The person I roommate with owns a drum set, and is basically playing on them twenty four, seven!"

"That must be pretty annoying," I admitted.

"It's not that bad. When I'm not studying or something, he's actually cool to listen to."

"Parker..... I....."

"Zoey, what's wrong?"

"I wanted to apologize, for the other day. I'm sorry I left, I must have really hurt you, and-," I felt a tear make it's way down my face.

"Hey, hey, hey. No, don't cry it's okay, I'm okay." He said, with his free hand stroking my hair.

"It's just, when I left you seemed so heartbroken. I was afraid that I really hurt you."

"I'm fine, I will admit I want you more than a friend. But I know that would make your life harder than it needs to be, so I'll be whatever you want me to be." He made me look into his deep, brown eyes, "Zoey, I want you to know I love you. As a friend, and even more, but I'll be whatever you want me as. If that means just a friend, I'm okay with that." He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, oh well. Here it is, Enjoy!

Check out one of my other stories:
Enemys Can't Be Friends