Status: Completed

My Two Shoes

Real Life Cinderella

I spun in my office chair out of sheer boredom. Someone cleared their throat, causing me to jump and I spun to see Mr. Weis, my boss, standing in my door way.

“This isn’t what it looks like,” I muttered, trying to cover my lack of work.

“I’ve heard that before, like the interview you had with Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach.”

“So I heard you’re good at sex,” I teased him, it was a bit of a set up, I just couldn’t get over my obsession of guys with tattoos.

“I’ve been told that quite a few times,” he smirked. “Don’t print that.”

“Too late,” I responded as I wrote it down in my notes.

He stood over top of me, leaning forward with his tattooed arms braced on the arms of my chair, trapping me in my place. “Are you sure about that?” he asked.

“Yep,” I smirked. “That is unless you’d like to give me a reason not to print it.” Yes please do so, I prayed.

He leaned down to my ear and whispered, “Oh that can be arranged.” It didn’t take long before we were a tangle of tattooed limbs strung out on my desk, and then my boss had walked in on us.


“Oh god, you’re reliving it aren’t you.” He shivered, “So horrid.” He covered his eyes as he too remembered.

“Is there any reason you have decided to grace me with your presence?” I asked.

“Yes, there’s a costume party tonight for the new magazine issue.”

“Oh, that’s what you came to tell me?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“And why are you not excited about?” I asked.

“I hate parties,” he grumbled. “But I wanted to make sure my top writer from the issue, is there,” he responded.

“So who decided costumes?” I asked.

“Don’t ask, just get your ass back to work,” he growled before leaving my office. I went back to spinning in my chair until it was time to go home and get ready.

I found my Halloween costume in the back of my closet and was relieved that it still looked amazing. I was the Cinderella of the new age. I would just have to stay away from my boss. The Bouton Hotel was the hosting hotel of the party due to their space for guest and the large ball room. As I made my way up the stairs to the open doors I could hear music blaring and guest chatting aimlessly.

“Whoa there Sammy, looking hot!” Jake, a friend from the office called as I walked across the lobby.

“Thanks,” I winked, making his girlfriend send a glare my way. The ball room floor was crowded with coworkers and rock stars from the newest magazine issue.

I stood by the bar and sipped at a flute of strawberry champagne when a masked prince approached me. He was dressed in jeans, a dress shirt with a vest and a sparkly mask that hid everything but his lips and beautiful green eyes, “Now you are a Cinderella I wouldn’t mind dancing with,” he smirked.

“Well if it isn’t Mr. Prince Charming,” I smiled seductively.

“In the flesh, so what do you say, would you care to join me on the dance floor?” he asked and I had to smile when he offered his hand because upon it was a fingerless glove.

“Sure,” I agreed, letting him lead me to the dance floor.

“So, do you dress in this fashion often?” he questioned as we twirled.

“It depends on who I’m with,” I whispered as he pulled me closer.

We danced for a while before I began taking guesses at who was hidden behind the mask. I knew he was a rock star and his build was one I was familiar with but out of the thirty different bands from the issue I was having trouble at figuring it out.

“Please just tell me,” I begged.

“A prince never reveals his true identity,” he smirked as he nibbled my ear.

“Mmm, I think that’s a super hero,” I giggled.

“Maybe I am a super hero,” he grinned.

“I could always put that to the test,” I purred as I pressed myself up against him. Our lips had a hair with of a distance when my phone vibrated against my chest. “Shit,” I muttered as I fished it out. “Mom?” I answered, I listened in panic as she told me why she’d called. “Oh hell, I’ll be there in ten.” I hung up and kicked my heels off before spinning to get to the exit.

“Wait, what’s wrong?” the prince asked?

“I have to go, I’m sorry!” I yelled as I sprinted for the door, a real Cinderella. I wasn’t turning into an maid though, I was running to get to the hospital where my son was in the emergency room with a broken arm; sex could wait.