Dare You To Love Me

Hello Beautiful

“We’re at the studio? What for?” I asked, confused. I wrote the songs on our album. I’m not saying I wasn’t open to other lyricists’ work, but I’d just like to know when... Other lyricists’ work is being used.

“Bonus tracks.” Joe called to me brazenly from his room. “So get yourself in a pair of jeans, comb your hair and do whatever is you do now, because you’ve got fifteen minutes, otherwise you have to drive down yourself.”

“I don’t mind.” I called huffily. Then again- I was low on gas. And then driving to the gas station... And getting out of the car... And paying for the gas... It just wasn’t worth the effort.
Joe waited patiently for an answer.

“I’ll be down in five!”

*

“Hey boys... You ready to make the bonus tracks?” John asked, stepping into step with us as we walked into Hollywood Records, the deafening screams from the girls outside disappearing as the door closed on them.

Damn, I felt sexy this morning.

“What bonus tracks are these?” I asked, politely [for me].

“Well, technically it’s just one, but Hey Baby and What Did I Do To Your Heart have gone crazy because of some technical glitch. Oh and Common agreed to the duet, so he’s coming in this afternoon.”

“Cool.” Kevin nodded enthusiastically, talking to John about tech-stuff. Joe was whispering to “I love you, baby” again and again to Camilla. Selena was calling me.
Okay, I wasn’t in a good mood anymore.

It had been a week since the party. Cody had issued an apology; of course, only privately. Disney was sure to enforce how we shouldn’t mention it anywhere, including to the press. John hadn’t mentioned it and quite frankly, I didn’t want to. I hadn’t seen Ro.

Thank you, God.

“Oh, hello.” Joe muttered, looking at some random girl in approval.

I raised my eyebrows.

“Dude. You have a girlfriend.” I reminded him.

“What, so I can’t look? Dang, she’s hot.”

I followed his gaze.

Damn.” I muttered. Joe was right. “Oh. Oh, I’d so tap that shit.”

“Dude. You have a girlfriend.” Joe repeated mockingly.

“Go dry-hump Camille in a corner somewhere.” I spat. “And Selena’s just a publicity stunt that just so happens to have benefits. She acted as if that date I don’t follow the rules crap was real and not scripted by The Mouse.”

Joe shrugged.

“Whatever. I’m a one-woman show.” Joe cackled at his own joke.

I didn’t find it funny.

“Wish me luck.” I winked, walking towards the girl. Damn. She was just... Damn.

She turned away, tapping away on her BlackBerry, her back faced to me. She was wearing baby pink high heels [my guess... Jimmy Choo], a grey top-thing and a tiny hoodie. As in, it wasn’t even hoodie length. Her hood was up and I knew she was wearing big Fossil sunglasses.

And... Oh, her blue-rinse jeans [Levis?]... Skinny jeans. Oh, how I loved the one who had created skinny jeans at that moment.

“Hi, there.” I whispered quietly, coming up from behind.

“Hi.” The Hot One replied back, not turning around and not stopping her constant BlackBerry tapping for a second.

She was feisty.

I liked that. Damn, I liked her ass, too. I liked a lot of things about her.

“Now, this may come out of the blue, but... How do you feel about going to lunch with me?”

“Depends on who me is.” The Hot One said calmly.

I chuckled.

“Oh, you’ll like me an awful lot.”

“Oh, you’re going to lunch together?” John asked, sounding surprised.

“Apparently.” The Hot One laughed. Oh, she had a nice laugh...

“Okay, then... Have fun. Nick, Kevin and I have to go over some technicalities and Joe’s covering some vocals... As long as you’re back in an hour or so, you’re good to go. Have fun. Oh, and Ro, your mother called; don’t forget to call her back later.”

“Sure... Wait, Nick?”

I froze.

“Ro? As in...” I turned, as did The Hot One... “No... No...No... No! What the fuck? What the fuck? What. The. FUCK?!” I yelled.

“You?” Ro gasped in horror, taking off her sunglasses. “Oh... Oh... Oh my God, ew!”
What the FUCK?

“John, what the hell is she-” But John had gone. “Bitch, you left me with her?!”

“I can’t believe I just flirted with you!” Ro choked. “Oh... Oh... Okay, I need to gag...”

“You?!” I yelled. “I told Joe I’d tap that shit!”

Okay, so that was not the cool thing to say.

Ew!” Ro yelled, jumping back. “God! You perv!”

“Oh my God... I can’t believe... Oh my God...” I muttered in disgust. Goddamn! Ro? I mean, Ro?

“Guys, Rob’s downstairs.” Joe’s head popped around the corner.

“What?” I asked, irritably.

“Oh, no, no.” Ro said loudly, her hands up in defence.

Joe looked between Ro and I.

“Well, Nick. Looks like it’s your ample opportunity to tap that shit.”

His head had disappeared by the time I’d picked up the glass paperweight.

“Oh, God!” Ro muttered.

“Mr Jonas, Miss Parker, Mr Feggan is downstairs waiting for you.” The secretary, Tiff, popped her head around another door and told us quietly.

“Oh, I am not taking you to lunch.” I muttered, grabbing my jacket.

“Well, now you’ve said that, you’re going to have to.” Ro smirked at me, slipping her sunglasses back on.

“What? No, you don’t!” I replied, following her as she lithely skipped out of the doorway. Bitch is an extortionist! “No! Go away!”

“Hey, Rob.” Ro grinned, ignoring me and high-fiving my bodyguard.

“WHAT THE FUCK?” I screamed. “WHY do you know Big Rob? WHY are you high-fiving Big Rob? Big Rob, take her away! Take her away!

I didn’t CARE if I looked like I was losing my mind- she was evil!

“Nick, apologize to the lady.” Big Rob glared at me.

What? Hell, no!” I shouted. “And don’t you smirk evilly at me like that, woman! Go! Go! Rob, chase her into a church or something! She’s devil spawn!”

“Nick, apologize to Roxy.” Rob growled.

“Roxy Parker, is it, then?” I shot at Ro. Her smile faded a little. “Now I know what name to file the restraining order for! Crazy bitch is stalking me!”

“Well, I’m going to stalk you all over to your car. When you’ve finished with your emotional breakdown, we can go eat; I’m booking a table at Nobu now for one fifteen, and its twelve fifty now, but no pressure.” Roxy smiled sweetly at me and disappeared out of the foyer.

Dude!” I yelled, turning to Big Rob, who just crossed his arms and stared calmly at me. “What the hell?”

“You better apologize to Roxy when we get into the car, Nick.” Big Rob told me, before turning to walk away.

“No fucking way! I refuse to go to lunch with that... That... Demon child!”

“Nicholas.” Big Rob stared at me, aghast. “It’s rude to stand up a girl. Your mom’s taught you better.”

“B- she- wh- she’s not a girl! She’s rat poison in a human form!” I screeched. What the hell? What the fuck? What the motherfucking shit?!”

But Rob was already walking away.

“I am not going to lunch with her. I refuse. I fucking well refuse!” I yelled after him. “I’m not moving.”

Life’s a bitch, I realized, when I found myself sitting beside Ro in the car, on the way to Nobu.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?

Love,
theprettyreckless