Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter One

Delia stared at her older brother, his body stretched across the only couch in the house. He was nursing a cup of coffee, a depressing look on his face. She sighed and moved the blonde hair from her eyes, now standing parallel to her brother.

"You know, Bob, Sloth is a sin."

He didn't look up, he just muttered and took another sip of coffee. "What's your point?"

Delia scoffed, "Jesus! You can't lay on this couch forever."

"Watch me," he answered bluntly, now fixing his gaze at the ceiling.

She sat down on his lap, and he shifted uncomfortably, "Is someone on their period?" She asked wickedly.

"Get off me!" Bob shouted, twisting his hips. Delia fell off the couch, mere inches from slamming into the coffee table.

"Bastard," she muttered.

"Don't say that word. Mom would kill me if she heard you cussing," Bob muttered, swirling the little coffee left in his cup.

"Aaaaaaaand this is my problem, how?" Delia asked rather obnoxiously.

Bob covered his head with a pillow, "Go bother Nadine..."

"Nah. I wanna stay here with my favorite brother!" She exclaimed.

Bob rubbed his temples with his thumbs, "No, you want to go bother Nadine. Can't I have just five minutes alone?" Bob begged.

Delia furrowed her eyebrows, "Did you not get enough sleep last night?"

"I haven't had enough sleep in 16 years..."

Delia rolled her ultramarine eyes, "Fine! I'm going to Nadine's... ass."

Bob watched as his sister trudged up the stairs and disappeared into the dark hallway. She emerged a few minutes later, a canvas bag hanging unceremoniously off her shoulder, "I'll call you eventually," she yelled, walking out the door.

Bob watched as she walked down the street and sighed to himself, "About fucking time."

******
"NADINE!" Delia shrieked, stepping into her friend's house.

"Nadine, make your stupid friend shut her face!" Frank shouted from the living room.

"Frank Anthony Iero! Be nice," his mother snapped.

"Hello gorgeous!" Nadine announced, sauntering down the stairs.

"And where are you two going?" Nadine's mother asked, her hands crossed in front of her chest.

"Arby's... I'm hungry," Nadine answered, smiling.

"Bring me back some curly fries!" Frank, who happened to be Nadine's older brother, demanded.

"Only if you drive us..." Delia whispered, pressing herself against Frank.

He pushed her away, feigning disgust and sticking his tongue out, "Forget it! I just lost my appetite."

"You girls just be careful okay?" Their mother sighed, kissing Nadine's cheek.

The two girls left the house quickly, their shoes crunching on the leafy ground. They walked slowly, chattering mindlessly about pointless topics, until a rather unsettling one came up.

"What are you going to do when they go to LA? I mean, they're leaving next week." Nadine asked, straightening herself as she walked down a hill.

"I dunno, bed and plead to go with them I guess." Delia answered, hurtling herself over an old wooden fence.

"They won't even be home for Christmas!" Nadine gasped.

They continued walking silently, until an ugly silver car pulled up beside them.

"You fine ladies need a ride? Hehe," a deep voice questioned.

"You know, Mikey, you're not that scary anymore." Nadine said blankly, not ever looking at the car.

"Goddamnit! How do you always do that?" He screeched.

"Because, you do this all the time." Delia muttered, "But a ride would be nice."

Mikey smiled and allowed the girls into the car. "So, where are you going?"

Nadine stared out the window, "Arby's. I was feeling fat and decided to eat."

Mikey rolled his eyes, "You're not fat, Nadine. You're fine."

She scoffed and Delia smacked the back of her head, "Shut up or I'll give you a fat lip."

Mikey shook his head and Nadine decided to strike up a conversation. "So Mikey... how many plane tickets do you have for LA?" She asked mischievously.

"You can't go," he answered quickly, pulling into the drive through.

"But, but! We're practically family! Geez! We had to stay on the bus all day last tour." she argued.

Mikey sighed, "No, sorry, but Brian would kills us if we brought you with us again."

Delia rolled her eyes, "You guys are staying in a Mansion! In LA! We have to go!"

Mikey still was stone-faced, so Nadine delivered the knockout blow, "You know, Mikey, without us... you guys won't have anyone to yell at."

Mikey muttered and turned off the car, "Just go get your food."

"We can walk home," Delia announced as she was leaving the car.

They wandered inside and stood in front of the cashier. "We want chicken, curly fries, cheese sticks, and two vanilla milkshakes." Nadine said in a strict business-like voice.

The man looked at them confusedly, "Uhh... that'll be $8.69."

Delia smiled and handed the man a crisp 10 dollar bill.

They settled in the corner booth with their food. "I wish we could go.." Nadine sighed.

Delia gave an odd whimper, "I dunno, I have this bad feeling and I've been having weird dreams lately."

"Weird how?" Nadine asked, dipping her fries into her milkshake.

"Like, premonition kinda stuff. Bad things happening... I think someone's going to get hurt." She explained, weakly.

"Who?" Nadine was now utterly intrigued.

"People! Me, you, Frank, Bob... Mikey, something bad is going to happen to Mikey and Gerard." She looked close to tears and turned her head away. "I think someone is going to die..."

Nadine stopped eating and stared at her, "Die? No, that wouldn't happen." She stuttered.

Delia sniffled and spun her fries in some ketchup, "You wouldn't have thought that 2 years go..." she wandered into silence and ate quietly.

Nadine blinked, totally bewildered by her usually rampant, optimistic friend's emotional 180. "Del," it was an affectionate nickname Ray had given to her years ago, "it's okay. That's the past and nothing bad is going to happen."

"I know, Deeny," once again, Ray's nickname that had ultimately stuck, "But... this feeling is... so strong."

"Don't worry about it," Nadine comforted, pressing a piece of chicken into her mouth.

Delia smiled weakly, "I guess. Now... let's go convince Brian to get us some plane tickets!"