Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Twelve

Nadine strolled down into the kitchen, where Gerard was rooting through the cabinets trying to find some form of food. Nadine sat down at a small nook and propped her head up with her fists, "You could always cook something..."

Gerard rolled his eyes and poked his head out from behind the refrigerator door, "Do I look like a cook to you?"

Nadine scoffed, "Jesus, it was just a suggestion."

Gerard smiled, feeling as if he'd won their little argument. Gerard stuck his hands in the pockets of his sleep pants, "Well, do you just wanna go get something... bring it back to the house?"

Nadine shook her head, "I've gained like 5 pounds since we came here, no more fast food,"

Gerard smirked, 'You look fine... besides, i like girls with a little more junk in their trunk,"

Nadine narrowed her eyes and threw a fork and Gerard's side. He laughed out and went over to her, "let's just wait for Ray to wake up, he'll cook for us,"

Gerard smiled and kissed her gently, "I like that idea,"

"Like what idea?" a voice asked.

The two of them turned to see Frank standing in the doorway, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Nadine turned to her brother, "Forcing Ray to cook for us,"

Frank eyes lit up, "Oh! Can I use a whip?"

Gerard furrowed his eyebrows, and Nadine tilted her head to one side, "There are days when you just scare the shit out of me."

Frank grinned, "Thanks!"

He sat down at the small table with his sister, while Gerard hopped up onto the counter, crossing his legs beneath him. The three of them exchanged small talk, when the heard the stairs creaking. Delia and Ray were descending the stairs together, laughing about something. Frank sprang up from his seat and ran to them, grabbing Ray's wrist and dragging him back down to the kitchen. Delia let out a giggle and followed them, and soon everyone but Bob and Mikey were crowed inside the kitchen. Ray looked at all of them, "Is there a reason Frank almost killed me?"

Nadine nodded and placed a large skillet in Ray's grasp, "Start cooking, I'm hungry."

Ray gave them all confused looks and Delia's gaze lifted, "OOH! Can you make pancakes?"

He rolled his eyes, "Fine! ugh, the stuff I do for you people!"

Delia smiled and kissed his cheek, "Fank you Ray-Ray,"

He smiled and turned to everyone, "Just go in the ballroom and practice, It won't be ready for a while,"

Everyone nodded and went rather reluctantly into the ballroom, situating themselves amongst the instruments. Delia picked up one of Mikey's basses and picked at the strings lazily. Frank and Nadine were curled up on the purple couch, Pansy resting on their laps. Gerard sat down on his stool near the microphones. Frank coughed a bit, "Should I go wake up Mikey and Bob,"

Delia shook her head, "Let Bob get some sleep for once,"

"Well, what about Mikey?"

Gerard let out a breath through his nose and hung his head, "Mikey, uhh... I'll explain everything during breakfast..."

Frank looked at Gerard dangerously, "Where is he Gerard?"

Gerard felt the twinge of panic in his chest, "Well, last night..."
******
Ray stepped into the ballroom, the smell of cooking emanating from his clothes, 'Hey, you lazy asses! Come eat!"

Gerard snorted and everyone set down their instruments, following Ray back into the dining room. The table was lined with all kinds of food. Ray gave a smug smile, "I just rock don't I?"

Delia shrugged and half a biscuit into her mouth, "Maybe..." she laughed as a shower of crumbs hit Gerard in the face.

Nadine rolled her eyes and sat down next to her friends, putting food on both of their plates. Frank sat across from Gerard and stared at him the whole time. He waited until everyone had food on their plates and were eating quietly and happily, when he cleared his throat. Everyone's heads turned to him, "So, Delia, where did you say Bob was?"

"In his room sleeping," she answered, a bit confused by the random question.

"Why?"

Delia gulped a bit, so she lied, "He had some trouble sleeping last night,"

Frank nodded, and glared at Gerard, "And where is dear Micheal?"

"I don't know," Gerard replied bluntly, setting his fork down and hanging his head.

Frank smirked, "Where is he Gerard?"

"I DON'T KNOW! He just left after it happened!" he screamed, tears welling up in his eyes.

Ray stopped eating, "After what happened?"

Delia felt herself pale and swallowed hard. Nadine reached underneath the table and gripped her hand comfortingly. Gerard glanced over at Delia and began to explain.

"Last night... Delia, Nadine and I got into a fight and they left. They came home incredibly drunk, so we got into a fight again. Delia went to go take a bath... and..." Gerard stopped himself, and saw look of shock on Ray's face and the look of curiosity on Frank's.

"Mikey raped Delia... and she went to Bob and he started to beat on Mikey... and then Mikey just left... we don't know where he is now,"

Ray gasped lightly and Frank looked over at his sister and Delia, feeling suddenly guilty for being so harsh to them. Ray shook his head, making his hair quiver, "No... Mikey could never do that,"

Delia sighed, "I thought so too... but we were all wrong..."

Ray raked his hands through his hair, "But... are you sure... I mean Gee said you were drunk..."

Nadine sniffed quietly, "They went to hospital... Mikey did it, they have the papers to prove it,"

Ray stood up and went over to Delia, hugging her gently, "Oh, Del, I'm so sorry!"

Delia blushed a little, "It's fine Ray... I'm better now,"

Ray went back to his seat and they finished breakfast silently. Frank and Gerard began to clear the table, when bob came down, yawning widely, "What did I miss?"

"Breakfast...'" Ray answered simply, "Hurry up and get some before we throw it away,"

He smiled and grabbed some leftover onto a plate and handed the rest to Frank, who was standing next to the sink. He smiled lightly and Bob went into The library, where the girls had wandered. Delia was scanning through the various shelves of books, pulling out random voulmes and flipping through them, taking in the rich smell. Nadine sank down in one of the chairs and curled up a bit. Delia finally pulled one out and blew dust off of the cover. She took a seat next to Nadine and began to read. The three of them were sitting in a peaceful silence, that was destroyed by the sounds of dishes falling and breaking and Ray's angry screams. The three of them exchanged worried glances and bolted into the kitchen. The floor was littered with food and broken glass, as well soap suds. But there was no one in there. But they could still hear Ray, cursing and screaming at someone, and it sounded like it was coming from the ballroom. They ran into the ballroom, where Ray was brandishing a soapy skillet and waving through the air like a mad man. Gerard was pressed up against the wall, torn between shock and horror. Frank was standing beside him, his green eyes wide and observant. The girls watched as Ray jumped up onto Gerard's stool, "FUCK YOU BITCH!! COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Delia's face sunk, the girl was back, she was in that very room with them. Gerard made a move for the door, but as soon as his fingers brushed up against the doorknob, it slammed in his face, knocking him down to the ground. Ray screwed his gaze on the ceiling, "Is that the best you can do bitch?" he roared.

The girl flickered and appeared before them, smiling, "Oh dear... missing one are we?"

Her voice was cruel and dripped venom. Delia narrowed her gaze, "Why us?"

The girl scoffed, then her mouth opened wide, her jaw dropping down to her midriff, "SILENCE!"

She shot towards Gerard, But frank knelt down in front of him, the girl stopped. and rose above them, the icy, stenching wind filling the room.

"I know Micheal has left you... Gerard is next, and nothing you say or do will stop me!"

She then screamed, cracking one of the windows and disappeared. Frank backed away from Gerard, "Gee?" he asked gently.

He didn't answer, he just curled into a little ball, "She's been trying to get rid of me since we came here..."

Delia went over to them, while Nadine stayed behind with Bob, feeling sorrow well up inside her, "You'll be alright Gee,"

"She'll get me in my sleep... she'll choke me again..." he cried, backing into the wall.

And for the nest week, he didn't sleep. He didn't eat or play or sing. He sat in the library, fearing for the lives of the people he loved most.