Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Twenty

Ray continued to flip through the papers, finally stopping at one. He stared at it for a moment, it looked more like a diary entry than a official document, "Hey guys! I think I, uhh, found something,"

Everyone turned to him, and glanced up at him as he began to speak, 'this house was built in 1897 and was owned by the widow of a railroad millionaire, Maria Paramour. She had two kids, Toby, he was 6 and Tara... she was 16,"

Delia blinked, "Is that why she hates us?"

Ray shrugged, "It says that they were pretty happy, but then Tara went crazy and..." he stopped himself.

Nadine gasped, "What did she do?"

"She murdered her family," Ray explained, allowing his hand to drop to his side, "She stabbed her little brother and pushed her mother down the stairs, then she hung herself in the ballroom."

His eyes continued to scan the paper, "This isn't the original Paramour either, the old one was demolished and rebuilt in the 30's, over the family's graves,"

Bob scoffed, "Yeah right, that sounds like a load of shit," he sighed, throwing his old cigarette into the fireplace.

"Oh does it now, Robert?" a cold voice asked.

Tara appeared before them, "It's so dark in here," she laughed, blowing cold air into the room, making the fire hiss loudly.

Gerard shivered and curled into a blanket and Tara advanced towards him, "I thought I was rid of you." she sneered, wrapping a hand around his neck.

Nadine dove out in front of Gerard and Tara pulled away, "Move stupid," she snapped.

"Go away... you fucking murderer!"

Tara laughed loudly, a demonic glow in her eyes, "Family is useless, there is no point to anything family does,"

Bob went over to Delia, shielding her, "I can protect her, I love her... you can't hurt Delia without hurting me!" he spat.

Tara rolled her red eyes, 'You did such a good job protecting her when Micheal raped her. And to think you actually did it on his own will!"

Gerard sat up angrily, "What the fuck do you mean, bitch?"

"I possessed your little friend, and everyone knows what teenagers are like when they're drunk,"

Ray swung at her with the fire poker, "YOU FUCKING BITCH! YOU'VE BROKEN THE ONLY THING WE EVER HAD!" he screamed, watching as she dissolved.

Gerard collapsed onto the couch, thick beads of sweat rolling down his face. He turned to Nadine, "I feel... oh god," he muttered burying his head in the nearest pillow.

Nadine rubbed his back gently, "It's alright, sleep... just sleep,"

Gerard nodded and his eyes fluttered close. The rain pelted against the windows violently, and the fire cracked and sizzled as Bob threw on a new log. The room became still and silent, only broken when they heard a loud knock at the door. Ray went towards the cautiously, peering through the peep-hole nervously. He opened the door to reveal a soaking wet, shivering Mikey, his hands clasped around his waist for warmth. Ray quickly ushered him inside, wrapping his arms around him, "We're all in the library, we've even got the fireplace going,"

Mikey smiled, his face lighting up at the thought of light and warmth. The library was littered with various candles, some lit, and the pleasing scents filled the room with an odd warmth. The fire cast a pale light on the room, causing odd shadows to become amplified. Mikey set only one foot inside when he noticed his brother, staring longingly into the fire, "Gee?" he asked, bewildered.

Gerard lifted his head up, and instantly saw Mikey standing there. He opened his arms and felt Mikey crash into them, both of them overcome with relief and despair. Gerard sniffed, "I missed you,' he whimpered, pulling his brother closer.

Mikey nodded, "I'm sorry,"

Delia over heard them, "Mikey... I forgive you, I know you didn't mean it, I know you had no control." she said solemnly, running her hand over his back.

Mikey looked up at, "You mean that?"

Delia nodded and hugged Mikey tightly, burying her head in his neck, "Come back home," she begged quietly.

Mikey nodded, "I'm staying... I can't leave you guys again,"

Ray noticed Mikey was still in his wet clothing, "Go change, you look like your freezing,"

Mikey nodded and took one of the flashlights and wandered to the nearest empty room, peeling the cold, wet clothes form his body and tossing to the floor with a squelch. He then pulled on dry clothes, his pale, clammy skin warming up instantly. He picked up the wet clothes and went back into the library, draping them over the firescreen to dry. Ray smiled as he entered and Mikey sat cross legged on the floor, smiling up at everyone. he turned to Gerard, "How did you manage to get out of the hospital?"

He suppressed a small laugh, "These two sprung me out,"

He then pointed to Delia and Nadine, who blushed wildly. Mikey lifted an eyebrow, "What?"

Delia sighed and her arms dropped to her side, "Gerard was being, ummm, neglected. So we had him discharged,"

Mikey blinked, "But the nurses said..."

Nadine rolled her eyes, "We took him, we snuck out through the ambulance entrance,"

Mikey's eyes grew wide, "WHAT?"

Nadine shrugged, "We didn't do anyth..."

"NO! You don't understand! You can get arrested for that!" Mikey roared.

Delia's face paled, "Really?"

Mikey nodded and buried his face in his hands, "Oh my god, " he groaned.

Gerard moaned softly and held out his hand, "Guys?"

"Help..."