Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Twenty-Three

Mikey rolled his eyes and jogged up to Gerard, who was drumming his fingers on the reception desk, an annoyed and impatient look on his face. Mikey came up behind him and laid an arm over his shoulder, pulling him close. A young pair of nurses came forward and Gerard flashed them this darling smile, the kind he used when he wanted his way. The nurses giggled and approached them, batting their eyes and flipping their hair in a flirtatious way, "Mr. Way, you should be in bed," a brunette said in a slightly sultry voice.

Gerard smirked and blinked slowly, "I know but... I'm just so restless," he snarled, "You think maybe, you can let me leave a little early?"

The red hair nurse bit her lower lip, "Let me uhh, get those papers for you,"

The brunette sighed as the red head walked away and went around the desk, before linking arms with him, "Why don't we take you back to your room?"

Gerard smiled happily as the nurse led him down the hallways, never keeping her eyes off of him, gazing at his more favorable parts through his tight pajamas. They stopped in front of the door and she led him inside, before tucking him into the bed, "Now just you wait here, Marie will have your discharge papers,"

Gerard blew her a kiss as she left the room, which caused her to shudder and swoon as she walked out the door. Mikey entered not too long afterwards, giving Gerard a confused look, "You lucky bastard,'" he muttered.

"What?" Gerard laughed, as the red haired nurse, Marie, walked inside.

"Your papers Mr. Way," she sighed, licking her lips slightly.

Gerard gave her the handsome smile again, "Thanks," he winked.

Marie moaned softly and quickly left the room. Gerard burst out laughing and Mikey just gave him a dirty look, "You can't use your good looks to get stuff, it's not fair,"

"Says the guy with the smokin' hot girlfriend who fucking adores him," Gerard said, rolling his eyes.

Mikey blushed, "You really think Alicia adores me?"

"It's sickening to watch you two, makes me wanna commit suicide," he groaned.

Mikey laughed slightly, "You never complained about Frank and Jamia,"

"Frank isn't my little brother, Jamia doesn't look like a former runway model and they didn't make out every five seconds," Gerard argued, ruffling Mikey's hair.

Mikey grinned fiercely and hugged Gerard, "Fill out those papers and get dressed, I wanna get back soon,"

"Is there power at the house?" Gerard asked.

Mikey shook his head, "They said it could take up to 7 days before they can fix it,"

Gerard's eyes grew wide, "But, Christmas is in 6 days. We can't have Christmas without power,"

"Sure we can, if you just believe," Mikey said stupidly, twirling his fingers.

Gerard smiled and pulled off his top, changing it to a more favorable Black Flag T-Shirt. "Mikey, have you even gotten any presents yet?"

He nodded, "Two things for everyone, like always,"

"Like my meat fork last year?" Gerard half giggled.

Mikey scoffed, "I got you a new fucking 60 gig iPod, that was more of a filler,"

Gerard rolled his eyes, "Whatever you say Mikey,"

Gerard began to fill out the forms hurriedly, sitting cross legged on the bed in nothing but his shirt and Batman boxers. Mikey helped a little too, filling out the less important forms, after Gerard got sick of writing his name and Social Security number over and over. He then pulled on his tight blue jeans and tied up his new combat boots. "I got Delia a pair," he said randomly.

Mikey looked up, "Huh?"

"I got her a pair of boots like mine, fake leather too," he said proudly.

Mikey smiled, "She'll love them."

Gerard turned as they opened the door, "Should we try and wake up on of them, let them know we're leaving?" he asked.

Mikey shrugged, "I'll do it,"

He walked over to Delia's bed and shook her softly, "Del?"

She opened her eyes, "Mikey?" she asked wearily.

"Hey hun, Gerard is leaving now, and I wanted to let you know so you wouldn't be scared," Mikey explained softly.

"I'm not five, Mikey," she laughed tiredly.

Mikey smiled and kissed her cheek, "Go back to sleep hun, Bob is gonna try to came a little later,"

Delia nodded and quickly fell back to sleep. Mikey walked back over to Gerard and he opened the door, "After you, o King of the flirts," Mikey chuckled.

Gerard punched his shoulder lightly and they set the papers down on the reception desk, giving Marie one last goodbye kiss before the two brothers left the hospital.

"Just stand here and look pretty, I gotta go find the car," Mikey sighed, wandering into the immense parking lot.

Gerard smiled softly and reached inside his pockets, producing a flimsy lighter and a crumpled box of cigarettes. He gave a noise of contentment and fished one out, lighting it up. He exhaled the thin blue smoke and stared around at the damage of the ice storm. Tree branches littered the ground, each one covered in a thick layer of ice. He sniffed a little form the cold and inhaled again, allowing the sweet smoke to linger in his lungs. He blew it out quickly and sat down on a nearby metal bench, gasping loudly at the sheer cold. He looked over and saw a nameless pair of legs standing next to him, dressed in expensive looking khakis, their worn hands dangling from the pockets. "So, Mr. Way, how did you manage to escape this time?"

Gerard nearly choked on his cigarette, bringing his gaze to met the cold glare of Dr. Jackson, "I... I was discharged," he said nervously.

He looked around nervously for Mikey, but he had disappeared in the sea of sheet metal. Dr. Jackson smirked and sat down, running his hands through Gerard's hair (AN: It won't be blonde and short until the very end), tutting softly, "A boy as smart as you should know better,"

Gerard didn't answer, he just took a shaky hit off of his cigarette, "You're a bastard," he muttered.

He felt a hand tighten around his left wrist, the broken one and he yelled out, trying to pull away. "You see, you are crazy... screaming for nothing,"

He let out a laugh and darted behind the building, leaving Gerard crying pitifully and holding his wrist to his chest. A nurse, who'd heard the screaming form inside, came out, "Something wrong sir?" he asked gently.

Gerard wiped off his tears, feeling blood rush to his cheeks, "Yeah, I-I'm fine... I hit my wrist, and it just really fucking hurt," he lied.

The nurse nodded, his expression unchanged, "I'll get you something,"

Gerard stopped him, 'No, I'll be okay... just took me by surprise,"

The nurse nodded and Gerard smiled as Mikey pulled up next to him. He got inside hurriedly and put his head down, tears still coming from his eyes, still cradling his wrist. Mikey blinked rapidly, "Is something wrong?"

"That fucker Jackson... he came out of nowhere and started hassling me," Gerard sobbed.

Mikey rubbed his brother's shoulder, "When?" he asked sympathetically.

"Just now, he ran off behind the building, near the ambulance docks," Gerard explained.

Mikey sighed, "Let's just get you home, Gee, you're safest there."

Gerard didn't like the house, from the second he walked in, something about it made him feel sick to his stomach, like a vibe. He always felt-lighted headed when he walked up the stairs, the hallways seemed to stretch on forever, like the house never truly ended. It wasn't until he had breaths of fresh air did he feel normal and everything seemed to fall back into place. Something was definitely wrong with The Paramour, he would just have to figure out what. Mikey drove quietly not even bothering to turn on the radio. Gerard pulled his knees to his chest, staring out the windows at the lush shops and houses of the Hollywood hills. "Hey Mikey/' he asked, the break the awkward silence.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know when Ray and Delia will be able to some home, we haven't made any songs since they left,"

"Frank and Bob said they had some new stuff. They actually wanted to work on it once you got home." he explained, pulling into the long driveway.

Gerard's eyes lit up, "Really?"

Mikey nodded with a smile and parked the car, "Come on, it's almost two and I'm fucking starving,"

Gerard rolled his eyes. For someone who was so insanely skinny, it seemed all Mikey thought about was music and food. He trotted close behind, the sick feeling returned as soon as he stepped foot inside the house. He sighed when he realized they still had no power and it would be almost impossible to write any new songs. He walked into the library, giggling as the warm air rushed to his face and he was enveloped in this warm, loving feeling. He saw Frank sitting in Nadine's lap and Bob nestled in the corner, drawing something, "I'm hooome!" he announced in a sing-song voice.

Nadine looked up and nearly threw Frank off her lap, "GEE!" she squealed, running over to him.

He laughed and opened his arm, catching Nadine in mid-air. She looked at him with pure joy dancing in her eyes. "How's Delia?"

"They're both fine, though, Ray hasn't woken up yet,"

Bob looked up, "Delia, is awake?"

"Kinda," Gerard sighed, "She back to sleep as soon as Mikey and I left,"

Bob smiled, "But she's awake... she's okay?"

Gerard nodded and Bob dropped his notebook, practically tackling Gerard in a fierce hug, "Thank you Gerard!" he yelled happily.

"You're welcome, " Gerard gasped, Bob muscular arms wrapped tightly around his chest.

"Did they say if we we're allowed in the room?" he asked eagerly.

"Mikey came and got me, didn't he?" Gerard retaliated slyly.

Bib's face lit up and he raced out of the room, giggling softly. Gerard sat down on the couch, the sick feeling in his stomach, settling deeper and deeper. The room swam out in front of him, as if it was on a very large top. Maybe its my meds he thought nervously, waving his hand in front of his face. Nadine sat next to him, "Gee, are you okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah, the room's just blurry... probably my meds,"

Nadine sighed and wrapped her arms him, "It's just the smoke, we haven't put out the fire since we lost the power,"

Gerard nodded in understanding and looked over to the window, seeing the gentle flutter of a dress, "Oh, fuck," he shuddered.

"What?" Nadine asked nervously.

"Tara... I think I just saw her at the window,"

Nadine looked over at the frosted window, making out the faint shape of a head and two white eyes staring at her.