Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Twenty-Five

Gerard opened his eyes slowly, instantly being met by a flash of blue and white Fuck, I'm in the hospital *again*. He allowed his eyes to adjust a little more, and he realized it was only the air bag, and he pushed against it, feeling it deflate beneath his fingers. He looked over at Mikey, who was breathing harshly, "I fucked up, Gee."

Gerard sighed and unbuckled his seat belt, "We're fine Mikey... anything feel broken?"

"My arm hurts, but it doesn't feel broken." he sighed, lifting up his arm.

There was a large red mark across his forearm, that would soon become a nasty bruise. Gerard turned around, "The food made it," he laughed.

Mikey looked ahead, the windshield was cracked and the front end that battered and dented, "I hit a fucking tree." he sighed.

Gerard rolled his eyes and opened his door, stepping out into the cold air. He then cracked open the back door and gathered up the bags, "Guess we walk... we can call a tow truck once we get inside."

Mikey sighed and stepped out of the car as well, kicking the tire. They heard a loud yelp and heap of black fur shot from behind the bushes. Gerard squealed as a small kitten clawed his leg. It was very skinny and young, with thick black fur flecked with white and gold. "OW! Get it off, get it off!" he screamed.

Mikey rushed over and pried the frightened animal off, petting nit gently behind its ear, "Gee, its a stray kitten, it won't eat you,"

Gerard held his chest as the kitten mewed frantically. Mikey held it close, "Its awfully tiny, maybe it was abandoned."

Gerard rubbed his leg, "Maybe it's possessed."

"Gee, give it a chance, It's sweet."Mikey giggled as the kitten licked his chin, "Can we keep her, please?"

Gerard rolled his eyes and walked up the road to the house, "Fine, come on!"

Mikey squealed and cradled the kitten in his arms, "She needs a name."

"Name it Paramour." Gerard huffed, opening the front door.

"That's a stupid name... what about California? We could call her Cali..."

Gerard threw his hands up, "Name it whatever you want!"

Cali mewed again and curled into Mikey's shoulder. He set her down on the floor and she scampered off after Gerard. Mikey laughed loudly as her heard a loud "OW!! FUCKING CAT!" from the kitchen.

Gerard stormed out his face red and his leg bleeding, "I will throw that cat in the fucking pool," he threatened, before taking a bite from his burger retreating to the library. Frank emerged with Nadine, "Food?" he asked anxiously.

Mikey pointed to the kitchen and felt Cali rubbing against his leg, crying out. "You're hungry too, huh?"

She raced into the kitchen, her tail raised high. Mikey followed behind, watching as Frank dug through the bags. Nadine was perched on the counter, when she saw Cali sitting on the floor beneath her, "Whoa, a cat."

"Her name's California, Cali for short." Mikey said proudly, pouring some cream they used for coffee into a small bowl.

He set it on the floor, and Cali sniffed it nervously, mewing out. Mikey rolled his eyes and knelt beside her, petting her back reassuringly. She purred and began to lap up the cream, making Frank coo, "Look at her little tongue!"

"Could you act 24 for like, one day of your life?" Nadine asked, taking a big bite of her burger.

Frank shook his head and popped some fries in his mouth. Mikey sat down on the floor, smiling as Cali yawned and plopped down on his lap, "Bob call yet?"

"Yeah, Delia and Ray are awake, and they can come home first thing tomorrow." Frank explained.

Mikey smiled, "Good... okay, one more thing."

"What's that?" Frank asked.

"I need your cell phone, I crashed the car into the tree on the driveway." Mikey explained, a sheepish smile on his face.

Frank eyes doubled and he nearly choked on his sandwich, "You WHAT?"

Mikey blushed as Frank sped over to the window, peering out to see
their rental car crunched against the large oak tree. "How are we supposed to pay for that?"

"We have insurance," Mikey said sheepishly.

Frank rolled his eyes, "That's beside the point... are you okay?"

"Just a bruise, and I think Gerard is fine, too." he explained, feeling Cali rubbing against his leg.

"That's good I guess, just make sure you're ready when Brian has his conniption fit." Frank laughed.

Mikey smiled cheekily, "I'm not worried."

He wandered into the library, Cali trotting behind him. She lept onto the couch with Gerard and stared at him, purring softly. Gerard raised and eyebrow and patted her head softly, "Hey Cali..." he muttered softly.

She rubbed affectionately against his arm and promptly feel asleep next to him, curled up on his hip. Gerard looked up at Mikey, "Do you have a place for the other's food, until they get back?"

"They won't be back until tomorrow morning." he whispered, sitting down on the floor and finally eating his lunch.

Gerard sighed, "Fuck... that food was expensive, too."

"I can take it to them," Nadine volunteered, holding her head up.

Frank turned to her, "Lemme finish eating and I'll be more than happy to take you."

Nadine smiled and turned to Gerard, "Meet me in my room in five minutes," she whispered into his ear.

Gerard smiled and swallowed some of his food, "Okay," he winked.

Nadie pulled her legs up underneath her, eating quickly. Once she finished, "Frank, let me go upstairs and grab some things... then I'll be ready to go."

Gerard waited a minute or so, then turned to Mikey, "You think there is any hot water left in the house?"

Mikey shrugged, "If there is, it's not much. But take a shower if you really want to,"

He nodded and walked up the stairs, studying all the different paintings. He turned onto the second floor and went into the bathroom. He turned on the shower and stuck his head under long enough for it to be wet, then simply washed his face. He would change clothes later. He dried off his hair and sat down on the toilet, waiting for the remaining four minutes before he went to see Nadine. He tapped his foot against the tiles, re-checking his watch every five seconds. Finally, impatience got the best of him and he turned the water off and ran into Nadine room. She looked at him awkwardly, "Why is your hair all wet?"

Gerard shrugged, "i had to come up with something to come up here."

He flopped down on the bed with her and planted a sloppy kiss on her cheek, "Miss me, babe?"

Nadine blushed, "You have no idea."

Gerard kissed her softly, running a hand down her side, "You're so pretty, baby."

Nadine giggled and nipped at his neck, causing him to moan quietly, "I know, Gee."

He smiled and they kissed harder, trying to pull each others clothes off. After a few sweaty minutes, they were laying in nothing but their undergarments, kissing passionately. Gerard was laying kisses along her stomach, when there was a knock at the door,"Deeny, you ready yet?"

"Shit Frank... Gerard hide in the closet."

She pushed him off the bed and watched as he scampered to safety, "One sec, Frank... I'm changing."

She pulled random clothes from her suitcase and tugged them on, and when the door opens, she's pulling the shirt over her stomach, "You ready to go?"

She nodded and followed Frank out of the room, and Gerard emerged from the closet, laying his sweaty body onto the large white bed. He sighed in comfort, but then felt light pressure on his chest. He looked up to see Cali, staring at him with wide, green eyes. He stroked her back softly and settled into the bed, curling into the piles of pillows. "Get the fuck up," he heard a voice seethe.

He opened his eyes and was greeted by a raging Mikey, "Dude, what's wrong?"

"Don't play around Gerard, get downstairs. i wanna fucking talk to you. And out some pants on." he spat, before slamming the door.

"Oh deary, someone messed up." Tara giggled from the corner.

Gerard held his head, "Go away, you aren't real."

Tara rolled her eyes and pushed Gerard to the floor with one finger, "Don't you dare... now get downstairs before I do something you'll regret"

Gerard's eyes widen and she bared her teeth, and he tore out of the room, his heart racing.