Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Twenty-Seven

As soon as Delia got inside, she rushed to the warmth of the library, wrapping herself up in a mound of blankets. Nadine giggled and flopped beside her, laying her head on Delia's shoulder, "I missed you."

Delia furrowed her brow, "I was gone 24 hours."

Nadine sighed, "It was the longest 24 hours of my life."

Delia rolled her eyes, "You seriously need a life outside of me."

"BUT I LOVE YOU!" she exclaimed loudly, wrapping her arms around the pile of blankets Delia was cocooned beneath.

"I get that... now can I get some oxygen?" Delia gasped.

Nadine blushed and let go, hearing Delia take deep gulps of air. Ray smiled and entered the library, kicking off his shoes and stretching his legs out in front of the fire. He wiggle his toes and sighed in contentment, "I'm glad to be out of that place."

Delia nodded and crawled over to the fireplace, laying down opposite Ray. She moaned softly and curled into a ball, drifting in and out of sleep. Nadine had slowly moved in between them, feeling the warm fire graze her cheek. Frank and Bob came in quietly, sitting down on the couch, Nadine listened intently as the spoke in low whispers, "When do you think we'll get the power back?" Frank asked nervously.

Bob shrugged, "Could be a while, they just started re-connected the worst power lines."

Frank sighed, "I'm starting to get sick of being cold and smelling like a smokehouse."

Bob smirked, "I don't mind so much... reminds me of a meat locker."

Frank scowled, "You ass. Your sister is vegetarian too!"

"Yeah I know, but she's prettier and taller than you are."

Frank huffed and crossed his arms, making Nadine giggle slightly. Bib looked up at her, "What?"

Nadine rolled her eyes, "Nothing, honey, don't worry about it."

Bob looked away as the front door was opened. He heard a loud, "Fucking ice storm" from Gerard and went to investigate. He and Mikey were pulling off scarves and jackets, disgruntled looks on their faces. Bob laughed softly, "Something wrong princess?" he asked Mikey.

"All the coffee places in town are closed! They have no power!" Mikey shouted.

Gerard grumbled and plopped down on the floor, staring intently at a patch of stained carpet. Frank gave him a strange look and sat down on the floor beside him, "You okay?"

"I need coffee." he muttered, hanging his head.

Frank screwed up his face in thought, "There's a kettle in the kitchen... could we make coffee in that thing?"

Everyone turned and stared at Frank, "What?" he asked confusedly.

"There are days when I'm glad you exist." Mikey said happily, darting off into the kitchen.

Frank beamed proudly as Mikey brought in the full kettle and a bag of coffee grounds. He measured it out and then stared at the fireplace,"What now?"

Nadine perked up and carefully hung it on a rod inside the fireplace. Mikey smiled and they all gathered around the fireplace, the faint smell of the coffee swirling around the room. Gerard had wandered off for cups and Bob was busy searching for some form of food. Nadine smiled and curled into Frank, feeling him pet her hair lovingly. She quickly fell asleep, hearing Bob yelling something about cheetos.
****************
"Fuck! Get another blanket dumbass!" Mikey yelled loudly.

Nadine opened blurry eyes to see utter chaos before her. She sat upright, and realized Frank was no longer there. She rubbed her eyes, "What... where's Frank?"

Mikey stopped in his tracks, "He, uhhh, is on the roof..."

Nadine bolted to a standing position, "He's WHAT?"

Mikey rubbed the back of his head, "And he's threatening to jump..."

Nadine felt tears well up in her eyes, "Why?"

Mikey sighed, "We don't know, we think he's been possessed or something."

Nadine stifled back a sob and ran outside, her bare feet crunching in the fresh snow. Everyone was gathered around the east wing of the house, near the pool. Frank was pacing on the roof, mumbling to himself, occasionally cursing loudly. Gerard looked panic stricken, while Delia and Bob were pleading with Frank to come down. He stared at them, all of them, and blinked when he saw Nadine standing there, shivering. "Sissy?" he asked quietly.

Nadine looked up at him, "Yeah, Frank?"

He sniffed and then grinned, "Catch me!"

He bolted to the edge and vaulted off, his body falling effortlessly through the air, as if he was floating. Everyone scrambled to catch him. Frank crashed into Bob the two them toppling to the icy ground. Bob opened blurry eyes to see Frank in his arms, his eyes shut tight and muttering wildly. Bob sat up rather painfully and pulled Frank upright as well. Frank gasped softly and clenched his teeth, small beads of sweat rolling down his face. Bob took ahold of the scruff of his collar, and shook him hard, "Frank! Snap out of it!"

"Sissy... she's after my sissy." he murmured, as if he was a small child.

Bob shook Frank again, forcing him to open his eyes, which were filled with tears, "Please don't let her hurt my sissy."

Bob turned back to Nadine, who was in the arms of Delia, sobbing. Bob looked back down at Frank, who had seemingly blacked out. Bob cradled him in his arms and slowly stood up. Gerard rushed over, "He's... is he okay?"

Bob shook his eyes, "I don't know... he's freaking out or something."

Frank stirred in Bob's arms, groaning softly, "Oh man, my head... Bob?"

He stared down at Frank, a look of utter confusion plastered on his face, "F-Frank?"

Frank rubbed his eyes and scrambled out of Bob's arms, setting his wobbly legs on the slippery pavement, "What the fuck are you guys doing?"

"Uhhh, are you okay?" Gerard asked nervously.

"Not really. I kinda blacked out, now my head is killing me." he explained.

Gerard blinked, "You... you don't remember anything that you just did?"

Frank shook his head slowly, "Why? What happened?"

Gerard and Bob exchanged nervous glances, and finally Bob spoke up, "You, uhhh, climbed up on the roof and... jumped."

Frank's eyes grew wide, "Is... that why you were holding me?"

Bob nodded slowly, "But, I caught you... I think you're okay."

Frank held his head, "I think I'm gonna be sick."

He doubled over and vomited a little, moaning softly. Bob sighed and rubbed his back, "Let's get back inside... it's getting cold out here."

*********************
Nadine was stretched across Gerard's massive bed, watching as he dug frantically through his suitcase. Finally, he produced a small purple box and walked over to the bed. He set it down and sank into the bed, running his hands over Nadine's nude form. She smiled and kissed his left nipple, "You know, you look really sexy when your flustered."

Gerard smirked and reached back over to the purple box, pulling out a condom. Nadine's eyes lit and she purred softly, "Oh, Gee..."

He growled and pulled the sky blue condom over his length. Nadine suppressed a few giggles, "Nice choice there, Gee..."

He glared at her, then kissed her cheek softly, "Shut up."

They crawled under the covers together and Nadine looked at him awkwardly, "I, umm, really don't know what I'm doing..."

Gerard kissed her softly but passionately, "I'll go slow okay... just take a deep breath and relax."

He placed his hands on her shoulders, and as she exhaled, slowly eased inside her. She gasped and tightened around him, but he kissed her softly, "Shh, just relax."

Nadine nodded and took another deep breath, getting used to the strange sensation of sex. Gerard grunted and sped his pace up a bit, grinding a bit harder and deeper. Nadine let out a gentle whimper and clung to Gerard, pressing her hands into his back, "Go a bit faster, baby."

Gerard grinned and did so, pressing himself deep inside her, smiling as she let out a long, low moan, "Gee... right there, oh my fucking god..."

He pumped again, receiving a satisfied moan from Nadine. The two of them moaned and writhed around, Nadine digging her longs nails deep into Gerard's back, leaving red welts along his spine. She could feel herself reaching her climax, and let out a wild moan when she did. Gerard came not too long afterwards, quickly pulling out and collapsing onto the bed. He carefully peeled the condom off and wrapped it in a tissue, placing on the night stand. Nadine grimaced, "That's borderline gross."

Gerard kissed her deeply, feeling her tongue dance inside his mouth. He pulled away and kissed her nose gently, before the two of them curled up, their sweaty, naked bodies curling like a yin-yang. Nadine quickly fell into the dark chasm of sleep, her insomnia ridden body finally giving in to the much needed rest. Gerard however, stayed awake, pulling the fluffy sheets around them and watching as Nadine peacefully slept. "Oh, I can hear the wedding bells already." a voice dripped with venom and sarcasm.

Gerard turned to see Tara, floating by the door frame, her arms crossed. Gerard tucked the blankets around Nadine and stood up, "Go away." he demanded.

Tara rolled her eyes and spat at him in disgust, "Put some clothes on Romeo."

Gerard didn't seemed phased, "Go away, I won't let you hurt her!"

Tara smiled, "Fine then... guess I'm stuck with you."

Gerard's felt a shiver run down his spine as Tara picked him up, "Now, lets not wake Wifey." she sneered.

Gerard gulped and felt a cold panic rising in his chest, feeling his body float helplessly across the room. Tara finally stopped and brought Gerard to her face, "Nighty night Romeo."

Gerard fell back-first into one of the four columns on the bed. It shattered with a resounding crack and he lay still at Nadine's feet, watching as Tara dissolved.