Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Thirty

Delia's cell phone chirped incessantly, breaking the thick, quiet air of the hospital room. She glared at the screen for a few moments, before snarling into the receiver, "What!"

Bob chuckled slightly, "Just checking on you... is he awake yet?"

Delia blinked and looked over at Gerard, who was scanning through his iPod, "Nope, he died... quite tragic really." she replied facetiously.

Bob rolled his eyes, "Haha, Del... are you alone?"

She stared around the room, tucking her legs beneath her, "Nadine went to the bathroom, but I dunno where Mikey disappeared to."

"Oh, well I wanted to know if any of you were getting hungry."

Delia sniffed a bit, "Its only 11:30 though."

"So? We're getting hungry, and we wanted to know if you guys wanted to come with us to get something to eat." Bob explained rather slowly.

Delia chewed on the inside of her mouth, "Maybe, lemme call you back."

"I'm worried about you Del." he said suddenly.

"Huh?"

"I mean, you've spent almost all your time in a hospital. That can't be good for you." he sighed.

Delia moaned quietly, "Yeah, I know but... I'm really just here for Nadine."

Bob shifted in his chair, "If you say so."

"I gotta go Bob, I'll call back in a second."

"Okay... Bye."

"Bye."

Delia heard the gentle click on the other line, and snapped her phone shut. Gerard looked over at her, peeling off his head phones, "What was that all about?"

"Bob being a douche, as usual." she huffed.

Gerard rolled his eyes, "Don't say that,"

Delia sighed and leaned back into the cramped chair, "My leg hurts."

Gerard blinked and rolled over on his side, and his eyes glazed over. He began to breathe heavily and twist around. Delia stood up and loomed over him, gripping onto his shoulders, "Gee! Gee, what's wrong?"

"I-I can't see!" he yelped.

Delia felt her stomach drop and she started to have a panic attack, "What? Why!"

"I-I think it's from looking at your face..." he half giggled.

Delia released her hands, and watched as Gerard broke out into wild laughter, clapping his hands together stupidly. "You bastard!" she screamed, diving onto the bed.

Gerard grinned and hugged her, "Thanks for your concern though."

Delia growled and plopped down beside him, picking up his right arm, "Where are the stitches?" she asked curiously.

"Doc said I didn't need them anymore... now I just need to wait for my left one to heal."

"How's your wrist?" she asked gently.

"Sore, but they decided not to use the bar anymore, so I guess that's a good thing." he answered softly, picking at the gauze wrapped around his wrists.

Delia bit her lip and held onto his right hand, running her fingers over the the thin bandages, "I hate the way they wrapped this."

Gerard furrowed his brow and shifted a little, "Whaddya mean?"

"I mean... it makes you look like a cutter..." she whispered.

Gerard tutted and wrapped his arm around her, "No it doesn't... it looks like I hurt my arm."

"That's how it looked when I did it though!" she wailed.

Gerard cooed softly and held her close, "That was almost two years ago hunny."

She turned her arm over, her eyes scanning the thick, pale scar, "I hated putting you guys through that."

Gerard rolled his eyes, "Del... Frank has gotten so sick we had to cancel touring for a whole month. I've overdosed twice, Ray fell off the damn stage, don't you feel bad if you get hurt, it's not like we're not used to it by now."

"I know," she sniffed, "But I still feel bad about it."

"Shhh, its okay now."

Delia whimpered and curled into Gerard, crying softly into his shoulder, her mind plagued by horrid memories. The door opened slowly, followed by Nadine ambling into the room. She stopped in her tracks and raised an eyebrow, "What are you two doing?"

Gerard rubbed Delia's spine, "She had a bad dream, that's all."

Nadine smiled and walked over to the bed, kissing Gerard, "I'm glad to see your feeling better."

"I feel great actually... I wonder when I can go home." he pondered aloud.

"Right now if you'd like," a soft voice stated.

Everyone's eyes turned to the door, as a middle aged man stepped through, "You've made a rather miraculous recovery, Mr. Way. Your blood tests were all negative, and your stitches are holding just fine." he explained, s a smug grin on his face.

Gerard's eyes lit up, "Seriously? I can go?"

He nodded, handing Gerard a clip board, "Just sign this release form."

Gerard smiled and scribbled his name across the bottom, practically tossing it back to the doctor, "Have a nice day." he said softly, before closing the door.

"Did... that just happen?" Nadine asked in disbelief.

Delia shrugged and wiped some tears from her eyes, before a huge smile broke out on her face, "Gee! Your coming home... AND IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!" she yelled excitedly.

Nadine whooped loudly and pressed her lips to Gerard's kissing his passionately. It wasn't long before Mikey burst in the doorway, attracted by all the noise, "What's going on?"

"Gerard's coming home!" Nadine proclaimed.

Mikey blinked, "Now?"

Gerard laughed, "Yes, now."

Mikey raced over and hugged his brother desperately, "I'm so happy."
************************

It was nearing 6 at night, and the bright orange sun had tucked itself behind the mountains, casting the sky a brilliant purple color. Everyone was nestled in the library, spread across the large floor. Ray and Frank were in the corner, trying to tune their guitars, while Mikey and Brian watched them from the couch, giggling occasionally. Bob and Delia were dangling ribbons in front of Cali, watching as she pounced from behind the furniture and swiped at it her her tiny paws. Frank finally sat back against the wall, and played a 'D' chord, humming slightly. "Joy to the world, the lord has..."

"Frank! Shut up!" Delia snapped, watched as Cali curled up in her lap, a piece of purple ribbon hanging from her mouth.

"I'm just trying to bring the Christmas spirit!" he pouted.

"well, can you do it a little quieter?" Delia asked.

Cali sneezed loudly, as if to add her own input to the conversation. Delia blinked and looked down at her, while Cali stared at her with huge green eyes. Frank rolled his eyes and began to play softly, "Come on Del, you know you wanna sing."

She crossed her arms, "You can't force me, Frankie."

"Oh yes I can" he played a bit louder.

Delia moaned and tried to resist singing, "Frank, that's not fair!"

"O Holy niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight," he sang.

Delia whined, "Frankie, stop it!"

"The stars are brightly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiinig."

"FRANK! STOP DAMMIT!" she yelled, waving her arms like a lunatic.

He pouted and set his guitar down, sniffling slightly. The fire popped and Ray stood up, "I'm gonna get more firewood." he announced.

"You do that Ray." Bob sighed, drawing on his hand with a marker.

Ray rolled his eyes and went over to the large closet where they had been keeping the firewood. He heard a strange grunting noise coming from inside, but decided it was nothing and open the door anyways. He shot backwards about five feet, screaming loudly. Everyone's heads turned to see Gerard and Nadine scrunched together, naked and sweaty. Frank yelped and shielded his eyes, while Mikey turned bright red and glared at his brother. Nadine tried to cover herself with Gerard's shirt, but that was proving to be useless. Ray quickly got up and shut the door again, "When you're not naked, knock!"

"Why should we?! You should've knocked!" Gerard argued.

"IT'S A CLOSET!" Ray yelled.

Delia burst out into giggles and nudged Frankie, "Hey, I have a song we can sing."

Frank blinked and Delia whispered in his ear, causing him to laugh, "Okay."

He picked out a simple tune and Delia began to belt, in the tune of First Noel "Hoooly shiiiit, I saw Gerard naked! I dunno why Nadine likes him, his dick is small!"

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Gerard screamed, bursting out of the closet and pummeling Delia.

She smiled up at him, "Did you like my song?" she asked, smirking.

Gerard huffed and Delia began to sing again, "Also, he sleeps with a nightlight and smells really bad. Nadine, I'm so sorry you actually put up with thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!"

They could hear Nadine choking on her laughter in the closet and Gerard turned a bright shade of red, crawling over to the corner. he pulled his knees to his chest and stuck out his tongue, "All of you suck!" he shouted, burying his head.

Nadine emerged from the closet, and crouched beside Gerard, "Something wrong, sweetie?"

He sniffed, "Is my dick really small?"

Nadine cleared her throat and swallowed a giggle, "Of course not."

"Okay good," He smiled, and pulled her into a deep kiss.