Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Four

"They couldn't find anything wrong, so I guess he's okay..." a sad voice floated through Delia's room.

She opened her eyes and sat upright in her bed, hearing Mikey and Bob's voices just outside her room.

"Well if they say there's nothing wrong..." Bob sighed.

Delia climbed out of bed and pulled on her jacket, the house was unusually cold that morning. She poked her head outside the door, and her brother spotted her.

"Go back to bed, Del, it's only 7," he instructed.

She whined and slammed her arms to her sides, "But BOOOOOOOOB!"

He held his head, "Del, go back to sleep! No one else is even awake," he argued.

She glanced over at Mikey, then back at her brother, "Is Gerard okay?"

He looked away and didn't answer her question, he simply continued his conversation with Mikey. Delia scoffed and turned away, storming downstairs to Nadine's bedroom. She opened the door and found her staring out the window, giving off sad sighs. Delia knocked quietly and Nadine jumped.

"Delia! you scared me!" she wheezed, clutching her heart.

Delia smiled and crawled into the bed with Nadine, pulling her into a hug. Nadine continued to star blankly out the window.

"Last night was... crazy" she sighed.

Delia laid her head on Nadine's shoulder and sighed.

"Let's go swimming..."

Nadine raised and eyebrow, "But, it's 50 degrees outside,"

Delia rolled her eyes and propped her self up on her elbows.

"The pool is heated," she said bluntly.

Nadine thought for a moment.

"I don't have a bathing suit,"

Delia cracked an evil smile.

"You don't need a bathing suit,"

Nadine gasped and clutched herself.

"You don't want to see me naked."

"I'm wearing my bra and underwear freak," Delia giggled.

Nadine slapped Delia's shoulder, and looked out at the pool.

"A little swim would be nice..."

Delia smiled and ran out of the room, leaving Nadine in confusion. as she was going back to her room, she noticed Gerard's door was open, and no one was in the room to stop her. She slipped in silently and wandered over to his bed. He was lying on his side and his skin looked sallow. Delia bit her lip and sat down beside him, taking his cold hand in hers. He began to stir.

"Mikey?" he asked tiredly.

"No, it's Delia... do you feel okay?" she whispered.

He blinked slowly before shaking his head.

"I still feel sick to my stomach... and the doctors gave me this weird sedative," he explained.

Delia nodded and saw Nadia pulling an over sized shirt onto her body. She shifted her gaze back to Gerard.

"Nadine and I are going swimming, would you like to come?"

He twisted his face into thought and gave a tiny grin.

"Yes, let me change though."

Delia stopped him.

"Only if you have enough energy,"

He turned away and blushed.

"I could just sit out there with you guys..." he murmured.

Delia gave him a warm smile.

"That would be wonderful,"

She bounced back to her room and changed quickly before meeting Nadine at the door. Gerard came down not too long afterwards, wearing sunglasses and an elaborate blue scarf. He sat down in a chair and watched the girls splash around stupidly. In the house, however, someone was about to get a very rude awakening.

**************
Ray shifted in his bed, feeling a cold presence in his room. He buried his head under the covers attempting to get warm. Finally giving up, he threw back the covers in frustration and sat up in bed. A rush of freezing wind wrapped around him and he rubbed the goosebumps on him arms. He crawled out of bed and wandered over to a small vanity table. Normally, he wouldn't even bother looking in the mirror, he really didn't find it necessary to stare at his face. but, he felt the urge to sit down and examine his face. as he settled into the small chair, he heard a gentle woman's voice,"Hello Ray..."

He looked up at the ceiling and the voice continued.

"Your time is coming..."

Ray continued to stare madly around the room, his eyes finally landing on the mirror again. a teenage girl stared back at him. he silver hair knotted and her dark make-up smeared. She smiled and revealed a set of filed teeth. and let out a low growl.

"your time is coming, Ray..."

She cackled and flew out the mirror, shrieking like a banshee and rolling around the ceiling. Ray pressed himself against the wall, watching as the insane apparition raised hell in his room. Finally, she shot through the roof, screaming and shouting. Ray stayed there against the wall, breathing harshly. he heard his door open, but didn't even bother to look up. Bob came over to him.

"Did you just hear that?"

Ray blinked.

"Huh?"

Bob quirked and eyebrow and went over to his friend.

"Ray, what the hell happened?"

He blinked again.

"She's coming to get me..."

He slid down the wall and buried his face in his hands, trying not to cry.

"She's coming to get us..."