Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Five

Nadine floated around the pool, kicking her legs slowly as she wandered along. Delia was hanging off the side of the pool, having a conversation with Gerard.

"This may seem random but... do you remember when you first met us?"

Gerard gave a small laugh, "Yes! Jesus, you two nearly ripped my arms out of their sockets!"

Delia smiled and rolled in the water, thinking back...
*flashback*
"Frank! Someone's at the door for you!" his mother shouted.

He bounded off the couch and over to the front door, being greeted by two boys around his age. One blonde, the other with jet-black hair. Frank crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

"And what do you want?'

Bob rolled his eyes, "Let me get my sister," he said blankly.

Frank turned to the other boy, "You ready to practice?"

He nodded, "I'm always ready,"

Bob laughed and stepped inside the house, "Delia! Come on, it's time to go home!"

2 small girls appeared at the top of the stairs, both of them were only 4. One was a bit tall for her age, with puffy black hair. The other was small and lanky with wispy blonde locks. They were both in 'dress-up' clothing and looked disappointed.

"Bob! I not ready to go yet!" Delia shouted.

Bob rolled his eyes and everyone walked up the stairs, "Now, Delia. Mom will get mad if I'm gone too long," he pleaded.

Delia screamed and ran into her friend's bedroom, hiding in the closet. Bob rubbed his head and Nadine darted after her, locking the boys out of the room. He cried out in frustration and turned to Frank.

"Don't look at me!" he sighed.

Gerard stepped in between them, "I'll take care of it,"

He pulled a safety pin from his pocket and went about picking the lock. He then turned the handle and went in effortlessly.

"Girls!" he shouted.

Nadine poked her head out of the closet, "Who awe you?" she asked timidly.

He knelt down, "I'm Gee... and you must be Nadine,"

She giggled and stepped out a bit, "Yeah..."

Gerard smiled, finally getting the results he wanted, "Can you tell me where Delia is?"

Nadine glanced around nervously, "In the closet..."

Nadine went into the closet and led her friend out by the hand. Gerard smiled, "Hello," he said gently.

Delia ran over to him, wrapping her arm around his leg, "I don't wanna go home yet!" she wailed.

Gerard turned to Bob, "Can she at least stay for practice? I have a new song,"

Bob rolled his eyes, "Fine! UGH! why does she always get her way?"

Gerard shook his head and led the two little girls out of the room. the y walked down to Frank's basement and set up their instruments. Bob sat down behind the drum set and glared at his sister.

"Be good while we play,"

Delia nodded and scrambled onto the couch with Nadine. They sat in wonder as Gerard began to sing. When he had finished, the girls were completely infatuated with him, hanging off his arms and legs.

"I love you, GEE!" they proclaimed.

He narrowed his eyes and glared at Frank and Bob. But he had never gotten rid of them. In fact, they had had a crush on him ever since then, but they had gotten over it when they were about 13. Gerard found it all funny though, and he had grown to enjoy their company. they were really the only girls he ever talked to.
*end of flashback*
Nadine swam over to them and sighed, "I think the worst is yet to come, guys,"

Gerard shook his head, "Nah... I'm not so worried."

Delia nodded, "yeah, Nadine, what could possibly..."

But she was cut off by a loud scream. It was surreal and horrific, and sounded almost painful. Everyone stared at the house as the screaming continued, and then stopped just was abruptly as it started.

Delia shivered, "That was seriously fucked up..."

Gerard took off his sunglasses and blinked, "What ever that was, it's in my room now,"

Delia swam to the steps and pulled herself out, gasping a little at the sudden cold air. Nadine laughed and smiled when Delia handed her a towel. The girls dried themselves off and went into the house, where a shaking Ray was sitting on the couch, barely breathing. Delia sat down beside him, "You okay, you look kinda...pale,"

He sighed and buried his face in his hands, "Shit... just shit," he muttered.

Delia wrapped an arm around him and gave him a gentle hug, "It's okay,"

He turned away, hiding his head with his arms. Nadine shrugged and pulled Delia from the couch. They both wandered into the dining room, where Frank and Mikey were both half-asleep at the table. They were also buried beneath a mountain of leftovers. Delia grabbed as much food as she could, while Nadine felt it was necessary to steal off her plate. She glared at her friend.

"Nadine... let the skinny vegetarian stuff her face!" she exploded.

Frank sat upright, his eyes glazed over and a bewildered expression on his face. Nadine laughed and munched on a slice of cheese pizza, earning her a few choice words from Delia. Gerard then joined them, still wearing his scarf.

"Wassup, homies!" he asked loudly, throwing up the 'west-side' sign.

Delia rolled her eyes and suppressed a laugh. He sat down at the table and nudged Mikey lightly, who stared confusedly at his brother, "Gerard... you're awake?"

Gerard nodded, "I feel great actually. I think my flu is gone, too," he chirped.

Mikey smiled, "Well, that nice, I'm going back to sleep now,"

And with that he stood up from the table and waddled back to his room. Delia began rooting around for more food, handing whatever she didn't want to Nadine and Gerard. They all started eating happily, until the heard someone coming down the stairs. It was Bob, and he had just gotten out of the shower. He shook his head lightly and ran his fingers through his wet hair. He sat down next to Frank, smacking him on the back. Frank yelped and sat upright, holding his chest. Bob laughed but stopped when he saw Ray, who was now curled up on the couch. He approached him gingerly.

"Ray?" he asked gently.

"GET OFF! MOVE! GOAWAY YOU DIRTY WHORE! i KNOW YOUR SECRETS!" he screamed, his brown eyes shining wildly.

Bob quirked an eyebrow and watched in fear as Ray continued screaming.

"I KNOW YOU! WHORE! FILTHY WHORE! I WON'T LET YOU HURT HIIIIIIIM!"

He ran up the stairs and down the hall, still screaming like a madman. Delia stared ahead, her mouth wide open. Nadine nudged Gerard.

"What the fuck just happened?"

He shrugged and pulled off his scarf, revealing odd-looking bruises on his throat. Delia eyed them.

"How did you get those? It looks like someone tried to... choke you,"

Gerard glanced away, "Umm, it's nothing. I'm tired, i think I'm going back to bed now,"

So he hurried out of the room, leaving Delia and Nadine in the dark.