Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Seven

Frank swung his arms in front of him, calling out to his sister. He had left the library and searched about, using the pale moonlight guide his way through the dark house.

"Nadine! Deeny, where are you?"

He heard her yelling in the distance and ran to her, nearly tripping over the stairs. He saw her cuddled in the corner, hugging her knees and shaking violently. Frank sighed and approached her gingerly, "Nadine," he asked her quietly.

She lifted fearful brown eyes and scrambled over to her brother, wrapping around his legs and sobbing. He knelt down and rubbed her back gently. She kept crying, and Frank could do no more but try and calm her.

"You stupid buy, you'll never learn..." a voice hissed.

Frank looked up to see the girl, a smile on her face, "You idiot, you actually think you can save her?"

Frank held his sister tighter and rubbed her arms, "Go away! You don't scare me!"

She stopped, maybe ten feet away and crossed her arms, "I don't scare you?"

Frank gave her a wicked smirk, but the girl just laughed at him, "Fucker! You don't know who I am!"

She then cackled and her entire body turned into thousands of spiders. Frank screamed and threw himself against the wall, watching as each one came closer. He began to kick and stomp them, but it was in vain. It seemed for everyone he killed, two more took it's place. He dropped to his knees and felt the sting of tears in his eyes. The spiders vanished in a puff of smoke, and the girl reappeared in their place. She ran her icy fingers through Frank's hair, smiling devilishly. She then dragged her pointer down to his mouth, cutting open his skin.

"You should learn to fear me,"

Another spider appeared from the tip of her finger and sank it's fangs in Frank's cheek. He wailed and began attacking his own face, ripping and cutting himself. Nadine watched in horror as blood began dripping out of his cheeks and mouth. "FRANK!" she screamed.

He stopped and blinked, seeing only red. He ran his fingers across his face, wincing as they passed over the cuts. Nadine sighed and sat beside him, wiping off some of the blood. The two of them stood up and shakily walked back to the library. Ray had gotten another fire started but no one was in the room.

"Guys?" Frank shouted.

"Frankie!" he heard Delia shout.

She came from around the corner and wrapped her arms around Nadine, "I was so worried about you,"

The two held each other while Frank collapsed in a nearby chair and buried his face in his hands.

"Del? Did you find them?" Gerard yelled.

"Yeah! We're in the library!"

Gerard and Bib came in, racing over to Frank and Nadine and started to care for them. Bob took frank into the kitchen to get him cleaned up, not even bothering to ask questions on how it happened.

"She's evil, Bob", Frank sighed, grimacing as Bob pressed alcohol into the wounds, "She wants to kill us,"

Bob rolled his eyes, "That's sounds as logical as Gee telling me he was being choked,"

Frank blinked and shook the hair from his eyes, "When did this happen?"

"He said last night he woke up and he couldn't breathe... kinda freaked him out," Bob explained, now putting bandages on Frank's forehead.

Frank looked down, "She's messing with our greatest fears. She attacks in the dark or while we're sleeping, she's threatening us with what scares us most..." he trailed off.

Bob quirked an eyebrow, "There are just days when you shock me..."

"Why?"

"You being all... philosophical," Bob laughed.

"Oh, shut the hell up," Frank seethed.

Bob walked back a few steps and stared at Frank, "You look okay... except your head is too small for the rest of your body,"

He burst out laughing and Frank jumped down from the counter, "Okay, bitch! It's on now!"

Bob put his hands on his hips and his blue eyes flashed menacingly, "You wanna fight me?" he asked, towering over Frank.

"Umm, uh, I... no," he stuttered, he had always secretly been a little bit afraid of Bob.

"Good!" Bob chirped, running out of the kitchen.

They went back into the library, where the room was filled with fear. Frank stared at the pale expressions on everyone's faces, "What's going on?"

Mikey looked over at his brother, who looked down at the ground. He rolled up his sleeve and held out his wrist to Frank.

"Did you..." he gasped.

Gerard shook his head, and whimpered softly. The words "3 days" had been carved into his arm.

Bob fell against the fireplace, "So, what happens in three days?" he asked aloud.

2 days later
Everyone at the house was on edge, waiting until the third day. Strangely though, the ghosts never came back. There were no paranormal occurrences, and everyone relaxed a bit. They had even managed to record a few songs, including Teenagers, co-written by Nadine and Delia of course. Frank and Gerard's cuts had healed for the most part, and the two of them were currently sitting in Frank's room picking at their wounds. Frank scooted a bit closer to Gerard and laid his head on his shoulder. They both sighed softly and Gerard pulled his legs up underneath him. The two of them sat in silence on the bed, hearing the gentle sounds of laughter just outside the door. The two ignored it, however, and Gerard put his hand on Frank's face.

"Your cuts look better," he whispered.

Frank nodded and began to play with his lip ring. He then pulled up Gerard's sleeve, staring at the incisions on his wrist. He ran his fingers through Gerard's thick mane. He didn't even hear his sister come into the room.

"Frank, do you... what the hell?" he voice was razor sharp.

Frank looked up and blushed wildly.

"Were you two kissing?" Delia, who was standing behind Nadine, asked.

He glanced away and Gerard rolled his sleeve down, "N-no!" he stuttered.

The girls began to laugh wildly and joined them on the large bed. Nadine watched in disgust as her brother went back to picking at the scabs on his face.

"You know, the cuts will never heal if you keep doing that... and they'll leave scars,"

He shrugged and Nadine rolled her eyes, "Your disgusting," she snapped.

He smiled, "Duh, I'm related to you,"

Nadine crossed her arms, "Someone lied to you, Frankie."

He furrowed his brow, "Huh? Whaddya mean?"

"The person who told you that you were funny," she joshed, hitting him softly on the shoulder.

He smirked and rubbed his arms, "I need a cigarette..." he muttered, standing up and stretching.

Gerard glanced at the two girl;s, "I think I do, too."

Delia huffed, "Fine, but your stupid for leaving two fine ladies such as ourselves,"

Frank let out a loud laugh, "Ladies? HA!"

Delia smirked, "You wanna tell Bob that?"

Frank pursed his lips, and Delia grinned, "I thought so,"

The two men left the room, Delia and Nadine at their heels. They stepped out into the sunset and felt a warm, gentle breeze wrap around them.

"It feels so nice out," Nadine sighed, sitting down on the bench in the garden.

Gerard nodded and flicked open his lighter, taking in a deep drag of his cigarette. Frank blew the smoke into the wind, studying the colors in the sky.

"You don't have sunsets like this back in Jersey,"

Everyone nodded and they sat out there until twilight had set in. they stumbled back into the house and retreated into Ray's room. Frank ran into the hallway and leaned over the banister, "Hey! We're watching a movie in Ray's room!!!" he announced loudly.

Bob stuck his head out from the bathroom, "What movie?"

Frank shrugged, "Life Is Beautiful, I think..."

Bob smiled, "Yeah, give me five more minutes,"

Mikey and Ray had slowly migrated towards them as well and soon the whole band and it's little sisters were curled up under blankets watching the small screen. It was nearing the end when Gerard tapped Nadine's shoulder lightly.

"What time is it?" he whispered.

"Midnight... or close to it," she answered, turning her head back to the movie.

Below them, Gerard heard the grandfather clock chime that it was in fact midnight. He suddenly had a sick feeling in his stomach. A cold wind seeped into the room and the brutally familiar voice echoed around the walls, "I told you you only had three days fuckers. Now the real fun begins," she cackled.

Everyone looked around in confusion, watching as the TV burst, as well as the window, sending shards of glass everywhere. They barricaded themselves under blankets and behind pillows, anything to protect them from the flying glass. Gerard felt warm liquid running down his arm, and prepared himself for the worse. But when he looked down, he felt a sickening horror fill him, for Nadine's stomach had been pierced by a long piece of glass and blood had gotten everywhere.

"Holy shit!" he screamed, throwing the blanket off of them.

"NADINE!" Frank and Delia shouted in unison.

"I told you!" the girl laughed, before disappearing into the darkness