Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Eight

Delia curled into Gerard, trying her best to keep from crying. He absent-mindedly played with her short blonde hair, singing quietly to himself. Delia curled up into a tight ball in the uncomfortable, metal chair, her sobs overtaking her again. Gerard rubbed her arms gently, glancing down at his watch, it was almost morning. Delia sniffed and wiped her eyes on her sleeve, "Has Frank come back yet?" she muttered.

Gerard shook his head sadly, "Sorry hun,"

Delia whimpered and sat up a bit, "Do you think she's okay?"

Gerard nodded, "Yeah... if some bad happened they would've told us by now,"

Delia let out a soft cry and buried her head in Gerard's shoulder, "Don't leave me, Gee," she whispered.

"I won't... not yet, at least,"

Delia stared down the empty corridor, and made out the silhouette of two figures behind the glass doors. She nudged Gerard lightly, "Is that them?"

He screwed up his face as he squinted, "Yeah... I think it is!"

Delia stood up and began laughing as Nadine emerged from the infamous double doors. She looked tired and paler then normal, but she was alright. Delis squealed and ran to her, wrapping her in her arms.

"Ow! Careful!" Nadine yelped.

She then pointed to a large white bandage on her stomach, "Wanna see the stitches?" she asked devilishly.

"That's gross, Deeny... sure,"

The girls laughed and Delia hugged her once more, "I was scared,"

"Yeah, me too," Nadine sighed.

They drove home and the girls went back to Frank's room to sleep, while Frank and Gerard went into the dining room. They were flooded with questions, but the both of them were quiet. Bob looked up, "Is Delia okay?"

Gerard nodded, "yeah, she's fine. They both are, just let them sleep,"

The guys sat around, drinking coffee, sucking on cigarettes and chatting about ideas for some new songs. Ray was in the middle of his concept of a guitar chord when Delia stepped into the room, "Umm, Gee?"

He turned around, "What is it, Del?"

"Nadine wants to talk to you..." she explained, wringing her hands.

Gerard excused himself from the table and followed Delia upstairs, "Is something wrong?"

Delia shook her head, "She just wanted to talk to you,"

When they finally reached Frank's room, Delia turned to leave, "I'm going to sleep in my bed... it's comfier,"

Gerard smiled and kissed her forehead "Good Dreams"

Then her left cheek "Good Night"

Then her right "Good Bye"

Delia looked at him awkwardly, "What was that?"

He shrugged, "Some old Italian tradition... Elena always did it to me when I was little,"

Delia smiled, "Good night, Gee,"

He opened the door to Frank's room, and saw Nadine sitting up in her bed, "Hey..." he said softly.

She turned to him, "Hello,"

He went over to her and sat down on the bed, "What is it you wanted,"

She looked downward, "Umm, I've been thinking about what you said to me a couple of weeks ago... and yes..."

Gerard's eyes went wide, "But... are you sure? I don't wanna lose Frank as a friend,"

"Or the guitarist of your band..." Nadine added.

Gerard rubbed the back of his head, "I always forgot that one,"

She smiled, "So... that offer... are you going to uphold it or not?"

Gerard glanced down, "From what I've heard I'm not very good boyfriend material,"

Nadine rolled her eyes, "I'll be the judge of that,"

Gerard beamed and scooted over a bit, "I really like you, Nadine Iero... I always have... i don't know why..."

"I really like you Gerard Way... and just maybe, this could work," Nadine sighed, a light grin dancing on her face.

Gerard chuckled lightly and leaned into Nadine, until both of their lips crashed together in a mesh of skin.

"I really really like you Gerard Way..."

Gerard's hands ran over Nadine's body, searching in places they really shouldn't have been. Nadine let out a whimper, that transformed into a loud moan. the two of them tangled in the bed, they're arms wrapping around one another in a death squeeze. Finally, Nadine pulled away gasping for air, giving Gerard a small smile.

"You can't tall anyone Nadine, not even Delia... understand?"

She nodded, "I won't tell a soul until I'm on my deathbed,"

Gerard grinned, 'Let's keep it that way, okay?"

Nadine nodded furiously in understanding and turned to him, "Umm... I need to get some rest."

Gerard gasped lightly and pressed his hands to his mouth, "Oh, shit! I forgot, about... ya know..."

Nadine glanced down, 'It's okay... just umm... I'll come downstairs later..."

Gerard nodded, and kissed her forehead lightly, 'Get some rest hun,''

he left the room quietly, descending the staircase with his hand running along the railing. As he entered the main hallway, a voice whispered, "Way dooooown,"

Gerard looked up, but saw nothing, only a flicker of light. But he felt a cold presence wrap around him a strange tickle in the back of his throat. He sighed and sat down on the bottom pair of stairs, "Help me..." he whimpered to himself.

Gerard sighed to himself and stood up from the stairs, staring down at the foyer below him. he was currently sitting on the landing between the third and second floor, thinking to himself. Suddenly, there was shrill wail coming from above him. He felt inside his pockets and muttered, "Fuck... my cellphone,"

He ran back upstairs and into his room, searching madly for it.

"Where is it!" he screeched, throwing clothes and papers around. Finally, he found it nestled within the sheets of his bed. He stared at the number on the small screen, he didn't recognize it at first, but decided to answer it anyway, "Hello?" he asked somewhat cautiously.

There was nothing but static. Gerard rolled his eyes, "Is this Frank, cause you did this to me before..."

Still nothing, just low warbled static. Gerard felt sweat bead up on his neck, "If you don't answer me I'll..."

"Come downstairs..." A voice ordered, before the line went dead.

Gerard glanced at the screen, before shutting his phone an putting it in his pocket. "Come downstairs...?" he murmured to himself.

He walked over to the long staircase, and looked below him, two stories below him in fact. "Did one of you guys just call me?" he yelled out.

No one answered him, he just heard Bob yell, "Dammit Toro, quit shooting me!"

Gerard laughed, they were playing Halo... this would be interesting. He guessed that why someone called to tell him, because when those two played, someone always left with a limp. As Gerard turned the corner, heading towards the stairs, he felt the same irritatingly cold wind fill the room. He rubbed his arms, "Not again..."

He kept walking, picking up the pace a bit. He then heard a voice, not the girl's though, a little boy, "Be careful... look out..."

He ignored to the voice and hung his head, and he began to shake, "Go away," he whimpered.

The voice screamed, "LOOK OUT!"

Suddenly, a wall hanging came loose and smacked Gerard in the back, causing him to trip over himself and sending him headfirst down the stair case. The whole he just felt sharp pains and a falling sensation. He closed his eyes, crying out as his arms and legs crashed into the walls and railing. Finally, he stopped and his throbbing body settled to the carpet. He opened his eyes, but was so dizzy he couldn't really even tell where he was. He could hear Ray yelling about something, and saw a form coming over to him. It was a girl, dressed in white, but he couldn't tell who. He whimpered and curled into a ball, breathing heavily and crying. The girl then shouted, "Guys! I think he's hurt, we should call Mi..."

Then everything vanished...