Secrets, Scars and Shotguns.

Abate.

Sarah stood in the corridor, shocked by what she had just witnessed. Dean's terror stricken face remained burnt in her skull. He had seen her, a mere doctor, in his dreams. He had heard her, talking to him, telling him things to put him down. In a result of her digging he was broken again, pushed back a step instead of brought forward'; she had done this instead of what she had set out to do in the first place.

"Where's our coffee?" asked a voice, low and deep from across the hall.

Sarah looked up, her eyes sparkling with tears.

"Sam." She whispered," Sam...I..."

"You weren't getting coffee; you were in seeing my brother." He paused, stepping closer to her," How is he?"

Sarah didn't reply, she couldn't think of anything that she could say reply.

"Sar?" again he asked her, his hand resting on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Sam." She looked up into his deep blue eyes," I...I spoke to him. He thinks I'm something evil, something inside his head. He thinks I'm the woman Sam."

Sam didn't speak. Regret washed over him. He didn't want to know what had become of his brother, if anything, but Sarah went on.

"He hit me, and I told him that it was okay, that I wasn't going to be angry, and then I left... He was crying and shaking Sam. I broke him."

Sam let his hand leave her shoulder and slowly he backed to the other wall where he slid down it landing softly on the floor. He gazed in to space, his legs spread eagle in front of his body.

"I'm sorry," Sarah sobbed," I'm so sorry."

"He won't need the operation." Sam said, his body remaining still and ridged.

"Um... Well I'm not sure that's –"

"He won't need the operation. He won't!"

Sarah didn't argue, she knew better.

"Call my father, the cells in my duffle in the family room. Tell him to call me or find us."

Sarah nodded and headed down the corridor.

"Poison!" Sam yelled," Thank you!"

"Why?"

"You just could have saved my brother!"

Dr Ashland stood before Sam; his white coat seemed to sparkle. He held a clip board in his hand.

"Mr. O'Malley. What have you done to your brother?" he asked.

"Well, I did what I knew needed done. I brought him back a step."

"You brought your brother back to what could only be described as a broken man. Little more than a shell of a human being."

Sam nodded.

"Well it seemed to stop his black outs so there will be no need for the operation, however I still strongly advise the pills. May I suggest, next time you help your brother you bring him forward instead of back son."

"When can I take him home?"

"Tonight if you want. But I strongly advise that you let us check him over, and maybe keep him in for a few more days."

"No that won't be necessary. I'll take him home to night."

Dean wouldn't want to stay any longer and personally Sam couldn't take his protests.

"You understand that you are leaving against medical advice and that anything that happens to your brother after he leaves her can't be held against us."

Sam agreed. He knew all the this legal crap was coming.

The motel that Sam had been staying at really tried to get in to swing of things. It had all sorts of obscure paintings and basically extremely over modernized furniture. It was disgusting in Sam's eyes and probably in Dean's.

"You know if you need any help, I'm just a phone call away." Sarah said, smiling up at Sam from her car," Judging by what your fathers answering machine told me, he might not show up."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And I'll keep you undated I promise. Could you maybe ask around your office see if there have been any other cases?"

"Sure thing honey. Don't you worry."

Worry. It was like asking a fire not to burn. This was his brother; this was his world.