Status: Slowly but surely updating.

The Theory of Wolfs bane

A History of My Family

Werewolves. Do I believe in them? If I was normal I would say no, but I am not normal, I am a lycan. All of my family are lycans. We are a pack. Some over obsessed twilight fan girls would think this is great, but if they were to live a day in my shoes that thought will quickly change.
There is a Greek legend that describes us. Apparently, my oldest ancestor, Lycaon, was fighting with the Olympians. He and Zeus decided to have a civil discussion over diner. Lycaon did not follow the rules and put cut up humans into the stew they were going to eat. Zeus knew about this and was angry. As Lycaon tried to run away he slowly morphed into a rabid wolf human creature. That is how we came to be.
What most likely happened and formed our kind was when a rabid wolf bit a man. The disease, rabies, must have been transferred to the man's veins along with wolf blood. Disgusting, I know. Over time the man's DNA probably mutated to be accustomed to the disease, with occasional outbursts of symptoms.
Because of this genetic mutation someone in my family changes every ten days. It's really painful. Your bones bend and crack to fit your new body. Your skin stretches to cover yourself while you sprout hair at an abnormal rate. Your mind is over taken with lust for blood and your emotions are in a frenzy. You feel like killing somebody, but immediately after you feel guilty, but then rage takes control again and it stays this way. Normally wolfs bane controls our transformations. Without it we would we changing every day.
Let me tell you about myself and my family. Finally something sane to talk about. We are pretty average. My dad, Achilles, works in a butcher shop ( blood also suppresses daily transformations). My mom, Sinead, works as a florist. My older brother Eamon is learning at a culinary school upstate. My little brother, Apollo, is a year younger and he is quite a pain. My little sister, Olivia, who is in 4th grade can be sweet but she has her sour moments. We live in Bethel, a small town in Connecticut. We have lived here for as long as I can remember. Oh. I forgot to tell you. My name is Adonia, I am sixteen and I hate my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please do not take events to seriously, werewolves do not exist!