Status: Slowly but surely updating.

The Theory of Wolfs bane

A Decision Was Made...

Dad paced back and forth as mom tried to comfort her shaking son. I felt bad for her, really, to see your son almost....dead. Dad paused.
" We're just going to patrol the areas to see if anymore damage happens." I was furious. That was the best he could come up with?
" Are you freak in' serious, someone just tried to kill him," I stated pointing to Apollo," and your just going to have to patrol." No one could stop me now. I was on a roll.
" Sweetie, I know you are upset. You're brother is hurt, but there is nothing else we could do."
" Think about it this way," my mom added in," we could try to interrogate people but it would lead to more questions."
" Seriously, sis, there is nothing else we could do." I gave Eamon my glare of death. He really just couldn't take my side for once.
" Oh, god, stop being ridiculous, dad's going to handle it." I let out a frustrated sigh. Olivia had to get her say in. What did she know, she was only 9. I tried stopping myself but it was too late.
" I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS! YOU ARE GOING TO RISK SOMEONE KNOWING OUR SECRET BECAUSE IT'S JUST TOO MUCH WORK!"
" Adonia! Lower your voice please." My mom even was polite when she was scolding you. Although she asked nicely, I wouldn't stop.
" NO! I...UGHHHHH!.....I HATE YOU GUYS!" I ran up the stairs to my room and flopped myself onto my bed. Tears flowed out of my eyes. Some people would say I was over reacting, but come on I was only sixteen. I had no sense in my head and I wasn't going to get any soon. Things in my life we're going right for once. I liked a guy, who had no claims on him, and, well, he might actually like me back. I made the soccer team this year, my grades we're starting to get better, and I actually made some new friends outside of my usual clique, not to mention I was invited to one of the major parties of the year. It may seem pathetic but for someone like me, someone who is usually secretive, sarcastic, and hates the world, this was a huge accomplishment. Soon I stopped crying at let myself drift to sleep.
The next morning I woke up with a huge headache. That's what always happens when I cry. I stumbled in the kitchen to find Apollo picking at the green fruit loops.
" Sorry for what happened yesterday." I said quietly .
" It's okay. If I we're in your position I would have done the same. We're siblings." My little brother and I we're the closest. We had similar personalities too, although he got on my nerve sometimes. I finished breakfast and headed to the woods. According to dad's new plan it was my turn to patrol.
I stepped into the forest. This was going to be a long day. After hours of patrol, something caught my eye. It was a wolf bane plant that was freshly planted in the ground. someone was here recently. Around it were these oddly shaped bronze coins. I tried to touch one but it burnt my hand. What was it? I quickly picked it up, shoved it in my pocket, and ran to the nearest stream to cool my hand off. After that I ran home to tell my family the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this one is longer than last time. Do you guys like it so far, any improvements? Let me know.