Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

Beautiful Tomorrow

Aiden agreed with me right away to go get a job. He said he would be happy to watch everyone. So after a quick breakfast of delicious pancakes and a brief glance through the job wanted ads in the newspaper, I was off to my first stop.

The front of the quaint little store said ‘The Quileute Shop’. Not very original I’ll admit, but the exterior was cute none the less with different intricate designs surrounding the windows and front door. A little bell rang above the door as I entered and this alerted an elderly man of my arrival. Quite honestly he looked completely shocked that someone had come in, but I just kept shuffling forward to the little desk he was situated at.

I decided to introduce myself, seeing as the man was still staring at me like I had three heads. “Um, hello, my name’s Delilah Kent and um I saw your ad in the newspaper. Um, I was wondering if that position as um store clerk was still available,” I said in a quiet voice. When I’m nervous I tend to stutter. A lot. So I’m pretty lucky there aren’t any more um’s in that sentence.

“Oh, well of course my dear. I didn’t really expect anyone to come in for the job. So you most definitely can have it,” he stated at first flabbergasted but then ended calmly.

“Wait, what?” I asked after a long pause. “You mean I got the job? But I…what…huh?” I couldn’t seem to wrap my head around what had just occurred.

“Sure did, Delilah was it?” he asked and I just nodded still in my momentary stupor. “Well, Miss Delilah you can start tomorrow at nine and work until two. My name’s Old Quil by the way,” he said with a happy smile etched on his face.

“Thank you so much Old Quil. You don’t know how much I need this job. I’ll be here exactly at nine tomorrow morning” I replied with a smile reaching my face. Well not a real smile, but I haven’t really smiled since about two years ago. But anyway it was pretty darn close if I do say so myself.

“Can’t wait, Miss Delilah. You’ll be a huge help around here since my grandson never comes in anymore. He’s always off with his friends. You know what I bet Quil and his friends are about your age, you’ll have to meet them sometime. But you best get going for now dear and I’ll see you tomorrow,” said Old Quil with that same smile on his face.

“Thanks again. See you!” I exclaimed as I exited through the door with the same little bell dinging. However on my way out of the shopI ran into a large, burning hot rock. I looked up from my place on the ground to see a tall russet colored man standing before me. This guy was huge and indescribably handsome. The unknown gigantic man lifted his hand to help me up.

“I’m sorry,” we both uttered at the same time. We then both burst into a fit of laughter. He once again raised his hand, but this time in greeting.

“Hey, my name’s Jacob Black. I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before,” he said smiling a thousand kilowatt smile. I though I might go blind from looking at his teeth.

“Um, yeah I’m new. My name’s Delilah Kent. My family and I just moved here…yesterday,” I said laughing nervously. I honestly tried extremely hard this time to keep um’s out.

“Sweet, we never get newbies around here anymore. We’ll have to hang out sometime, but I’ve gotta go pick up some stuff, so I’ll see you around?” asked Jacob, this was the first time he seemed unsure of himself since I met him.

He seems like a nice guy. I guess it couldn’t hurt to at least pretend like I’ll see him again. Trusting guys is just too hard.

“Yeah, sure that’d be nice Jacob. So see you then,” I said trying not to grimace. The smile was back in place on his face.

“Great! See ya,” he said as he entered ‘The Quileute Store’.

Gosh, everyone smiles here. I wonder if there cheeks hurt. Hmmm.

I then slowly walked back to the van and headed home to tell everybody my great news. It looks like tomorrow is truly a better day.