Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

Never Felt Love Like This

~Seth's POV~

Everyone’s to lovey dovey for their own good!

I ran out of Emily’s home trying to contain my nausea. Everyone has an imprint but me. Embry, Collin, and Brady all had them, but not me. There all so happy, having someone to love and love them back. But not me, I must have missed that ship.

Emily was cooking for the bonfire and I could see some of the guys hauling stuff to where we were having it in the distance.

I’m not going back. It’s not like they need me. They all have their soulmates. I’m just the annoying kid who tags along.

I never used to be this bitter; it’s just love gets to you. It takes charge of your every whim...

Stupid Love

And then everything changed. I caught a whiff of the most amazing scent I had ever smelled. My werewolf senses were able to pick up the vanilla aroma, it was just like freshly baked cookies, my favorite. I turned toward the area the smell was coming from and what I saw was breathtaking.

The most beautiful girl stood there and she was holding a small boy. Her long, wavy brown hair was swaying in the wind as she looked out toward the ocean.

Those eyes!

Her eyes were absolutely incredible. They were a sparkling deep blue that greatly contrasted to the color of her hair and olive skin. She was extremely petite, probably only 5 feet tall, maybe 5’1. She was slender, yet had womanly curves. She was perfect and she was all I could see. Everything else diminished the heartache from losing my father, the pain of being the only one without a soulmate, and the hardships of being a werewolf.

I Had Imprinted

“Wow,” I had muttered, not realizing that I had walked over to where she was standing. Her body tensed up.

I guess she heard me.

Her body slowly turned toward me and I then got the full affect of her presence. She was unlike anyone I had ever seen. She held the little boy with a protective stance, as if she was ready to bolt at any moment. However when she saw me her body seemed to relax, at least a little. The beauty stared at me and I stared right back never wanting it to end. Her eyes were as deep as the ocean we were standing by.

“Lilah there man!” the little boy shrieked startling both of us.

“Yes, that is a man Mason,” she began,

Oh gosh her voice is like bells. Sweet and melodious.

“Um, Hey my name is Delilah Kent we were up at the bonfire before but um the ocean looked really pretty so,” she trailed off with a soft pink touching her cheeks.

Delilah…ah such a beautiful name.

“Yeah, the ocean’s pretty nice, especially at night. My name’s Seth Clearwater, by the way and it’s a pleasure to meet you Delilah and you to Mason,” I replied smiling. She was perfect, I couldn’t help but smile.

“You tall Seph,” Mason said to me whilst laughing earning a disapproving look from Delilah.

“Mason!” she scolded with a motherly tone. “I’m sorry, he’s three and says whatever comes to mind,” she said.

“Nah, it’s fine. I get that one a lot. So, um, you’re the new girl Old Quil won’t shut up about,” I replied with a blush rising to my cheeks toward the end of my sentence.

Stupid, now you sound like some kind of creepy stalker. Way to go Seth!

“Haha I guess so, he’s a great man. I owe him a lot,” Delilah said with a soft look coming to her eyes. She must not have realized how cold it was because she began to shiver. Being a werewolf myself, I was never cold. I couldn’t decide whether to wrap my arms around her or not. One way she might freak out and question my extreme heat or the latter being she freeze to death.

I don’t like any of my options.

“Yeah, gotta love him. We should probably head back now, you know. The elders are gunna start the stories soon,” I said, opting for getting her back toward the fire.

“Story time, story time,” chanted Mason happily.

“I think you’re right about heading back. Let’s go listen to some stories Mase,” she said. We then made our way back to where everyone else was. I sat next to her, I really just wanted to keep her warm.

“Seth, you’re extremely hot!” she said, which quickly caused alarm through every one of the werewolves that could overhear our conversation. I thought fast, in order to cover up my current predicament.

“Why thank you Delilah, you’re not too bad yourself,” I said with a smirk, trying to cover up my unease. Her cheeks seemed to go up in flames as I said that.

“Oh No!” she exclaimed, which caused me to tilt my head. “I mean yes you’re good looking, but I mean, I didn’t mean it in that way. You know your hot…temperature hot,” she rambled on. I was pretty happy with the fact she called me good looking.

“It’s cool Delilah, no worries,” I said, internally doing a victory dance. Billy wheeled himself to the center then, getting ready for the stories. I saw Jake wave out of the corner of my eye and saw Delilah wave shyly back. Something strange shot through my body, making me extremely angry.

Jealousy! No, I can’t be jealous of that it was an innocent wave, it doesn’t mean anything.

Billy cleared his voice and started the legends that I had heard countless time. My attention during all of the stories was solely on Delilah, watching every emotion that crossed her face. Sooner than I would have liked it was time to leave and Mason was fast asleep in Delilah’s lap. An average sized guy walked over to Delilah, he looked like her twin they were so similar with the same eye color and everything. He spoke quietly, “I’ll take Mase, you have to deal with Evan,” he said with a smirk, a brotherly smirk. He was already carrying a little boy, but went ahead and scooped up little Mason. Delilah got up and took a glance at a young boy sitting fast asleep on a log.

I’m guessing that’s Evan.

Before she went to retrieve her brother, she walked over to Old Quil, Billy and my mom.

Probably to thank them. So while she did that, I picked up her brother. To me he weighed nothing, so it was no problem to lift him. Delilah turned back to me after speaking with Old Quil and looked completely surprised. She scurried over to me after final goodbyes and said, “Seth, this kid weighs a ton, you’re gunna hurt yourself!”

Another thing I have to shrug off, super strength.

“Nah, it’s fine, he’s actually pretty light. You know he looked so peaceful, I didn’t want you to have to wake him,” I said trying to contain my blush, but completely failing.

“Well, thanks, that’s really nice of you,” Delilah said making me melt right there.

“Anytime,” I replied, getting lost in her deep blue eyes.

“Um, we should probably head over to the car,” she said after what looked like a mental battle with herself.

“Yeah, yeah you’re right,” I said shaking my head a little to rid myself of the need to take Delilah into my arms and never let go.

Once we reached her beat up old van, I placed Evan in his seat. The same guy from before buckled him in and then stuck his hand out to me. “Thanks man,” he said as I quickly shook his hand. He didn’t seem the least bit bothered by my temperature.

“Sure it’s no problem,” I said but instead of looking at him, I kept my eyes trained on Delilah.

Don’t go.

“Well, thanks again Seth. We’ve gotta get going, see you around!” Delilah quickly said before pushing the guy in his seat and jumping into her seat.

‘See you around’. She wants to see me again! Yes!!

I felt like I could fly right then, so when she drove away I couldn’t contain my smile or the urge to wave like a maniac. So I did both.

She smiled slightly and the guy gave me a death glare. I ignored his look, but kept Delilah’s smile repeating in my head all night as I went on patrol. Earning a few congratulatory howls from the guys, I was able to finally feel whole.

Love does take charge of your every whim, but I’m definitely glad it does.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this was in Seth's POV....basically it's chapter 5 just with a new point of view...hope you enjoyed it!! Please comment and subscribe!