Status: sequel pending.

There's A Possibility

Brighter Than Lightning

Image
I’m the epitome of confidence, nothing has ever made me doubt that.

Before her.

I used all my key game moves; I was suave – she shot me down, I was funny – she didn’t laugh, but she proved something to me. The age old expression, be yourself, pays off with her. She didn’t fall for my usual phony flirtatious moves, but when I acted exactly the way I usually do, her response was positive.

Lindsey Clarke is the most wonderful girl I’ve ever met.

And I can never have her.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

One thing that sucks about being on tour was the constant jet lag. I was constantly exhausted and fueled by ample amounts of coffee. Good thing there’s a Starbucks everywhere.

New York City is obviously no exception to this. I walked into the café and was pleased to find it fairly empty. Today was a dreary, rainy day; not many people wanted to walk to a coffee shop.

The few people that were in the establishment were sipping quietly on coffee, a few business men on laptops, some women chatting quietly to each other.

But it wasn’t any of those generic characters who caught my attention.

My eyes were drawn to the form of a small blonde girl curled up at the coffee bar attached to the giant window overlooking the city. She was on the edge of her seat, literally, enraptured by a blue book in her hands; a cup of coffee sat in front of her, ignored.

My breaths became short; it felt as if cold, clammy hands had wrapped around my throat with the intent of suffocation.

The glow of the rainy skies illuminated her. I had never seen a face quite like hers. She looked like a child, huge almond shaped eyes and plump, pouty lips. Pale blonde curls fell loosely down her back, blending with her skin, so pale I could see the veins beneath her skin; it was like she was translucent, but she shined brighter than any star.

Brighter than lightning.

I brushed myself off as if I had suddenly been pelted by a dust storm.

“Calm,” I muttered to myself before my swagger drew her closer and closer. My heart began to race. I had no idea what to do or say. I hadn’t planned anything…

I stood behind her, staring down at her like a creeper.

Think, think!

As if it had a mind of its own, my arm rose and tapped her shoulder.

Obviously shocked, her body retracted away from my hand. She shot to her feet and in the process clumsily bumped against the bar, spilling her coffee across the surface.

“What the hell!” she squealed, jumping up and grabbing napkins, cleaning up the mess.

I had to bite down on the corners of my mouth to hold back my smirk. To match her child-like face was a high pitched, child-like voice. So cute.

I could feel an addiction coming on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, I'm very excited to post this!
In case you guys couldn't tell [how could you not?] this is from Garrett's point of view.
It's not just gonna be the first one from his view though, I promise.
I know that it's superrr short, but give it time to pick up.
It'll be worth it, I promise.
five comments?