Status: Currently being re-written

Howl.

Ch. Twenty Five - We swear we'll love you more

I ran my fingers through my newly chopped hair and groaned, annoyed. "I still can't believe you did this," Mary whined, reaching out her hand to feel my hair. Sam had cut it so short that it would take forever for it to grow back to it's previous length.

"I didn't do it by choice," I explained, trying not to let the phantom hair bother me.

"It's your hair, though. If you didn't want to cut it, you shouldn't have had to."

Truth was, I did want to cut it. Sort of. It had gotten so long and thick that it had started to become a bit of an annoyance to take care of it. Now that it brushed my chin, I didn't have to use nearly as much shampoo. "It's a little bit more complicated than that," I said, standing up and grabbing my - now - empty soda can.

"Enlighten me."

"I can't, Mare. I already explained this to you." As I walked to the kitchen, I could hear Embry's big, fat, red truck pull into the driveway. I knew that the only reason that he drove here was because he knew that Mary was over, and the questions she'd ask would eventually get to be a little too over-bearing. Neither Embry or I could tell Mary what we were, even if we wanted to.

Embry came through the front door right as I came out of the kitchen. "Your hair still looks weird," he said, grabbing me at my waist and kissing my cheek.

I sighed, and broke away from him, swatting his arm playfully. "Don't talk to me about my hair that you forced me to get cut."

"You're still bitter about that?" He raised his eyebrow. "It's been almost a week."

I groaned, and ambled back into the living room. "What the hell is he doing here?" Mary whined, throwing her head back. "Do I ever get you to myself for just one day?"

"'fraid not," Embry said. "Now, if you'll excuse us.."

"Stop it, both of you." I looked at Mary, who was giving me a you can't be serious expression. Shrugging, I continued, "you're just going to have to get used to being on a schedule. Sorry, Mare."

She jumped up off of the couch and left without another word, leaving Embry and I to laugh quietly despite the weird situation. I hardly even had time to say anything before he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my face softly. "I love you," he whispered, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ch. title - Jezebel by Iron and Wine.
It's such a beautiful song.

I know it's really short. But I didn't know what to do with the end. I kind of just wanted to have it short and sweet, because the story was basically over already.
But this is the end. I won't write a sequel to this one. In fact, I'm pretty sure at some point I'll rewrite it. But that won't be for a long time.

Thanks everyone who commented and subscribed. It really makes me feel good when I know people like my stuff.

Comments? <3