Status: I don't know how often I will update...comments do help that process along, quite a bit!

Stich ins Glück

Chapter Three

Kristoffer drove Bill home. The hospital staff told them that Livvy was going to be fine, and that they had to leave because she was resting and didn't want to see anyone. Bill didn't blame her, after what happened to her, he wouldn't want to see anyone either.

"Do you know who did it?" Kris asked.

"Anita Klein and her friends." Bill replied.

Kris almost swerved into a ditch. "My other cousin!?" he shouted, making Bill wince.

"I-I guess. I don't like Anita. She's always a bitch to Livvy." Bill said.

Kris gripped the stearing wheel until his knuckles shown white. He was beyond pissed. Bill saw that. Family hurting family? That's a little much.

Bill watched as Kris took his phone out of his baggy pants pocket. He went through his contacts and pushed "talk". He stuck his phone up to his ear.

"Aunt Lydia. I have a bone to pick with Anita. Mind putting her on the phone?" He asked. "Why? I'll tell you later. Put Anita on."

Bill watched Kris as he waited. "Anita, guess what? Livvy is in the hospital. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" Kris paused. "Don't you lie to me. You put her there." A pause. "STOP LYING! I KNOW IT WAS YOU!" Another pause. "I have my ways. Just you wait until I tell your mother." Another pause. "Of course I'm telling her." Another pause. "You can hate me all you want. I'm still telling her. Put her on, now." Another pause. "Aunt Lydia. I just wanted you to know that Anita put Livinia in the hospital. Bye." He snapped his phone shut.

"I've never liked Anita. She's always been a spoiled brat." Kris said to Bill.

"That would explain things. I'm up here on the left." Bill said. Kris pulled over and let Bill out. Tom came outside.

"I heard that the lesbian was put in the hospital." Tom said. Kris heard this and got out of the car.

"What was that?" he said, getting into Tom's face.

"Bill, why is there a Danish rapper in my face?" Tom asked.

"Danish rapper? No, that's Livvy's cousin." Bill replied.

"Actually, back home, I'm well known." Kris said. He turned back to Tom. "Mind repeating that remark about my cousin?"

"Kris, Tom's still pissed that Livvy turned him down for a date." Bill hastily explained, cutting between the two. Kris backed down. Tom was staring at Kris with disbelief.

"Kris, you wanna come inside for a bit?" Bill asked.

"No, I have to go tell my Grandmother." Kris said. "You know, be there with her? Livvy is my favorite cousin."

"Alright, see you later?" Bill asked.

"Yeah, here's my number." Kris said, handing Bill a slip of paper. Then, he went back to his car. "Oh, and you," he pointed at Tom. "Keep your damn mouth shut about my cousin." He got in and drove away.

"Bill! Do you know who that was?!" Tom said excitedly.

"No. Should I?" Bill asked slowly.

"That was Manzini!" He replied. "As in, Denmark's greatest hip-hop artist?"

Bill shrugged. He had other things on his mind. Like Livvy. Apparently, no one in Livvy's family liked Anita. Bill was pretty sure that that was what would cause her to bring harm to Livvy.

Livvy lay awake in her hospital bed. Her lungs seething with pain with each breath she took. She liked Bill a little more for pulling her cousin away from her. The only thing that kept plauging her mind was "Why?". Who would go through all the trouble?

One thing.

He probably wanted that one thing all guys wanted. Just like his twin brother. She turned him down, and he called her a lesbian. Which was half true. She had to leave her girlfriend back in New Jersey. Oh, how she longed to be back in her arms. Oh, how she longed to be back in her mother's arms. But either one was never going to happen. Her mother was long gone from this world and her girlfriend had moved on to the next.

Livvy rolled over in her bed. Anita was right. She was a "hässlich hündin". She had to ask a nurse what that had meant. "Ugly dog", definitely fit her perfectly. No one took a sincere interest in her. She was outcasted on the first day. And thrown into a locker on the second week.
She was released to go home after a month. The drive home was silent. She was used to it though. As soon as she stepped foot inside her own home, Livvvy ran to her room. She grabbed the teddy bear that her girlfriend had given her before she left and opened the back. She pulled out her razorblades. She bared her arm.
Livvy positioned the blade on her forearm. She started carving. She did it with such grace, you would have thought that she was writing with pen. She wiped away the blood and looked at her work.
After it was all done, Livvy's arm was a bleeding wreck of tangled lines. She smiled at her work. For once, she could feel something that belonged to her. It was her own pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting! I love the love! Let's get some more of it, ja? Bitte?
By the way, it you haven't figured out who Kristoffer is, it's Danish hip-hop artist, Manzini!

Danke,

L!zz!e