‹ Prequel: The Sake of Hope

The Secret Weapon

Imprisoned

Rage.
Horrible, relentless rage. And it didn't stop. I couldn't control myself, and I didn't care who I hurt. Fire poured from me, some of it 5 years old. It was so liberating, it could have been a dream. And it had to be. It was too good, too sweet...
And as if by a cue, my eyelids snapped open and I could feel heat radiating from my fingertips. But something was wrong. They were behind me. And I couldn't change that. But where was I looking? Ahead of me was a black wall, and very little light. I was laying on my side, and moving was going to be difficult, I could tell. I forced everything to come back to me, even what I thought to be a dream...
I remembered Lee first. Or Prince Zuko. I could see his face, twisted with anger at me, for reasons I didn't know, and couldn't begin to care about. I knew I had done the unthinkable: fire bending. I couldn't stop myself, and I wasn't thinking straight. I just had to stop her.
Her.
That was the last thing I could think of. The evil girl standing over me, and then leading me, bound and dragged, to her ship. I fought back, I know I fought back. And that was when they brought something out... food? No... it was green... maybe a plant... to knock me out.
"About time you woke up."
From behind me I heard that same screech of a voice, and I knew who it was without turning around- not that I could. My hands still had some sort of binders on them, and rolling over was not an option. I didn't respond immediately. Maybe I could play dead- or just asleep. But what good would it do? They'd find out I was faking eventually.
I could feel the floor lurch now and again, and I deduced that I was, in fact, still on the boat back to the Fire Nation. Good. I hadn't been out too long. Slowly, as my head wasn't too keen on me moving, I pulled myself up. It took a few tries, but I managed. I could now see the wall in front of me more clearly. Shadows layered it- two in particular. A fence pattern covered it entirely- the bars of a cell. So, I was a prisoner.
On the far left, however, I could see a person with a tall top knot. She sat with her legs crossed, I could tell, lazily. This was still so unexciting to her. Even now, after she'd discovered a living legend, captured it, and was taking it to her father for a prize, it was every day work. She was already bored.
"I was beginning to wonder if that plant was too strong. I've never had to knock a prisoner out before. Usually they just give up, understanding the fight is useless. Understanding they're now in my control. You did give it a good try though, so don't feel too bad," she said, and I could feel her smirking, even though I still couldn't see her.
I knew the answer, but I asked anyway.
"What do you want with me?"
"I'm sure you and I both know that answer to that," of course. She read me like a book. "But, why not? I'll humor you," she said, and I watched her shadow rise from the chair and pace to what might have been a window. "You, next to the Avatar of course, are perhaps the single most powerful human on this earth right now. But you don't know how to use that power. Sure, you can bend, but you don't have the will power. You're weak, and you don't have the cause or the strength."
"I have plenty of cause and strength," I said trough clenched teeth.
"Oh... you may think so, but not in the right place. You need to focus your energy elsewhere. On something that matters... on something that can take you places. That's why I'm taking you to the Fire Nation, where you can be trained properly. You'll be very useful as an aid," she said, and again, I just knew she was smirking.
"If you think I'm going to gladly help the Fire Nation destroy what's left of the earth, you're out of your mind," I said, fighting to keep my breathing steady.
She didn't respond at first, but I heard her walk nearer. I heard a clink and a screech as my cell door opened and slid back. She walked around to the front of me, and bent down so her eyes were inches from mine. I glared back hatefully. She didn't even seem to notice.
"Well," she started, "It's a good thing I planned on a point of persuasion then, isn't it?" she said, so quietly I had to almost lean even closer to hear her say it. She knew what she was doing. It took her no time at all to plan this whole thing out.
With nothing to say back to her, I simply stared back until she, again, smirked, shrugged, and stood up to walk out. I thought it was over until I heard her stop just at the doorway.
"Your family in Dim Jan is anxiously awaiting your decision," she said simply and pulled the door shut behind her, placing the keys out of reach. For a moment I frowned, wondering what she meant. Then, just before she shut the door to the cabin where I was placed, she spoke once more.
"Oh, and the fifty fire benders I left to keep them company- they'd like to know too," I heard last, just before she walked out. My face fell, and my mind sent pictures of my family- my brothers, my cousins, and Aunt Jun- scared and hopeless- and I knew the only way to protect them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you're glad it's finally here xD