I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls

Drowing in a River of Denial

I woke up somewhere around ten. I got up and grabbed some clothes. I took a shower and I put my clothes on. I put on a hoodie over it all. I smelled bacon when I got out of the bathroom and I made my way to the kitchen.

My mom smiled at me. "Morning," she said.

"Morning," I said. "It smells good." I smiled as she placed a plate of pancakes, egg, and bacon in front of me. I ate with my parents and I heard a car door slam outside. It was probably Jack coming home from last night. I put the plate in the sink and Jack saw me through the window. He smiled and waved at me. I waved back and he told me to come outside.

"Mom, Jack wants me to go outside. Is that okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "Are you going out with him?" she asked.

My cheeks burned. "Mom! No! He's my best friend along with the other boys."

My dad chuckled. "Just know that if you date one of them. Be safe."

"Ugh, Dad!" I said and walked out of the door, slamming it behind me.

"Whoa, what was that all about?" Jack asked as I walked up to him.

"My parents are just being weird." I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "It looks like you don't even have a hangover."

"I do but the girl, Mel, gave me some medicine for the headache. It already went away. What were you talking about with your parents?"

"Ugh, you don't want to know." We sat down on the porch steps of my house. "My mom asked me if I was dating you."

Jack laughed. "I would be lucky if I dated someone like you. You're way out of my league though."

I smacked his arm. "No, I'm not. You could get anyone you want."

"Thanks but as a best friend I can't date you even if I wanted to. I can't go there." He was looking at something.

"What do you mean?" I looked at what he was looking at and I saw Alex. His hair was all messed up and he was walking towards us. He had a small smile on his face but there was something different in his eyes. "Hi, Alex."

He scratched his head, messing up his hair some more. "Hey, guys. What's up?" he said. He sat down on the other side of me and I fixed his hair. He just smiled at me as I did it. I accidentally grazed my fingers on his cheek when I was putting my hand back down to my lap. He looked away and blushed and pretended to rub his eye to make the sleep go away.

"So what are you doing today?" Jack asked and I looked at him. I shrugged. "Well, you're going to hang out with your best friends!" He gave me a side hug and I chuckled. "How does that sound?"

"Sounds good," I said, putting my arm around his shoulder.

Alex cleared his throat and Jack let go of me. I let go of him, too. "I'm gonna go home, shower, and change. I'll see you guys in a bit," he said and got up to leave.

"I should go shower, too," Jack said.

"Wait, what were you talking about before?" I asked when Alex was out of ear shot.

He shook his head. "I can't tell you. Only time will tell."

"You sound like a freakin book, Jack."

He shrugged. "It would be mean if I said something. Now I'm gonna go home and I'll call you to hang out, okay?"

"Okay," I said. We got up and I hugged him. He hugged me back and then went in his house. I went back inside and I listened to music while I waited for Jack. I was dancing around and singing in my room. I was bored and I had nothing better to do.

I heard my phone buzz and I stopped dancing and read the text message. 'I see you! You have some nice dancing skills(;' It was from Jack and I laughed. I texted him back and he texted me back saying to come over and that Alex was there with him already.

"Hey," I said and gave them each a hug. Alex hugged me a few seconds longer than Jack did. I got a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach but I ignored it. "What are we doing today?"

"I want to do you," Jack said, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot." Alex glared at him and I shook it off. "Seriously though."

"Well, Kara, Rian, and Zack are going to be here in a few minutes. Do you want to play a video game?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

"We have Rock Band. Do you want to sing?"

"I guess but I must warn you I'm an awful singer."

"That maybe it but you have some moves." He nudged me and I rolled my eyes.

"I guess I can play drums or something," Alex said ignoring Jack and me.

"Alex, are you okay?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay." Then we started playing and the boys stared at me in awe after the song was over. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

"You're amazing," Alex said, smiling and Jack agreed.

"Aw, no, but thank you." I smiled. "I can't compare to you, Alex." He blushed and looked away and then the others came piling in the room.

"What's up?!" Jack shouted. He hugged Kara but he also hugged Rian and Zack.

"Hey," Alex said. He hugged Kara and he did their handshake thing with Rian and Zack.

I hugged them. "Hello," I said. Zack gave me a long hug.

"What are we going to do?" Kara asked.

"Let's watch a scary movie," Rian said and the boys agreed.

I groaned. "No!" I crossed my arms over my chest. "I hate them."

"Aw!" Jack hugged me and I hugged him back. "Don't be a loser." He let go of me.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

"I'll protect you," Alex whispered in my ear when we sat down on the couch and I smiled at him. He smiled back and he grabbed my hand. I got that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach again and I ignored it. It probably doesn't mean anything. I might be getting sick or something. That's usually what happens when I do get sick.

I don't know what movie Jack put on but it was really gory. It was making me sick to my stomach. Some guy got cut in half and I buried my head in Alex's chest, grabbing some of his shirt into my fists. He just put his arm around me and I smiled up at him. I hugged him and he hugged my back. I buried my head in his chest and he kissed the top of my head. I smiled again and I accidentally fell asleep on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty lame, eh?