I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls

I Must Be Dreaming

I screamed and everyone stared at me with wide eyes. "You're lying!" I shouted.

"Nope, I'm coming to visit you. We can do so much and catch up with things. You can show me Alex. I bet he's way hotter in person." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up. He's right here. You want to talk to him?" I looked at Alex and he raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you can tell him he has a sexy voice now, too." I laughed.

"Shut up, you ho. I'll talk to him whenever I get there which I will be in a few hours. I'm gonna go. My flight is boarding. I'll see you soon. I love you! Bye!"

"I love you, too! Bye!" I hung up my phone and put it in my pocket and everyone looked at me confused. "Oh, that was my best friend Vanessa. Apparently she thinks Alex is 'hot.' At least that's what she said." I made air quotes on the word hot.

"Are you saying I'm not good looking?" Alex asked, pouting.

"No, but I only say this because you're already conceited and it doesn't really help. I'll just make your ego bigger."

"So you do think I'm good looking?"

"Ugh!" I groaned. "Shut up! I have to go pick up Vanessa soon. I'm so excited!" I was bouncing up and down in my seat. I showed her all of my friends and she said all the boys were hot which I guess was true in a way. I just wish she could stay here forever.

"I wanna go with you!" shouted Jack as I walked out of his house a few hours later.

I laughed. "But you're going to leave everyone alone here. They're your guests, Jack." He pouted and I hugged him. He hugged me back and I kissed his cheek. I could feel someone shooting daggers at us or more like him. "I will be back soon, Jack, my love!"

"Shush," he whispered. "Are you trying to piss Alex off?"

"I'll go with you," yelled Alex before I could answer. I guess this would be good and Vanessa can meet him.

We got to the airport and I looked around trying to find Vanessa. I spotted her and she was grinning at me. She ran to me and gave me a big hug. I hugged her back with the same force. I missed her so much. I haven't seen her in so long. It feels as if I've not seen her in years.

"Girl on girl action, oh yes!" said Alex and I punched his arm. "Ow, El, that hurt." He pouted and I rolled my eyes. He put his hand over his heart. "You break my heart. I'm gonna go cry now."

"Shut up!" I said. "Anyways, Vanessa this is the 'hot ass' you were talking about and Alex this is Vanessa." They shook hands and she smiled at me. I knew what she was thinking. 'You sure can pick them! He's hot as fuck!'

"So you think I'm hot, huh?" Alex asked, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't say anything. You'll just give him a bigger ego than he already has."

"Oh well. You are definitely hotter in person. Why didn't you tell me?" She playfully smacked my arm. "You know I would totally pounce on that." I glared at her. "I'm just kidding!"

"Yes, because I totally wanted to know that you would do my best guy friend." I rolled my eyes. "Besides, Alex totally would do you."

"Hey! I never said that!" Alex said as he got in the back of the car. He sat in the back seat so Vanessa could sit in front with me.

"You know you would." I started driving to go back to my house and go to Jack's.

He glared at me. "I hate you right now and I wouldn't because I like someone." My breath caught in my throat. So what Jack was telling me is true? That is not possible. There are a million other girls at our school. He could like one of them. "I can't believe I told you that but now you know."

"You're going to love everyone else," I said once we entered Jack's house. Jack's mom greeted Vanessa and she hugged Alex and me. "Jack's my favorite." Alex pouted and I smacked his lip and he made a shocked face. "I met Jack first so I'm closest to him but I do love you, Alex." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Hola!" shouted Jack once we entered. He hugged me and spun me around. "My best friend in the whole wide world!"

"What about me?!" Alex whined and Jack hugged him.

"They're gay for each other," I whispered to Vanessa and she giggled. "But I do love these boys. Well, that one is Jack obviously. That's Kara, Zack, and Rian." I pointed to them.

"Nice to meet all of Eliana's friends," said Vanessa. "I hope she's not too much trouble." She winked at them and sat down next to Zack on the couch.

"Gee, thanks, Nessa," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"She isn't," said Alex. "She's quite amazing I must say." I smiled and I could feel myself starting to blush.

"Liar!" I said and he frowned.

"I am not!" He hugged me. "I love you just the way you are."

"Aw, that's cute," Vanessa said and Alex let go of me, blushing.

We hung out at Jack's house for a few hours before Vanessa and I went back to my house. I don't know how this was going to work anyways. I had to go to school and I didn't want to leave her by herself. She told me that she was having her spring break already and I was jealous because mine wasn't until next week.

"Alex is really, really hot," said Vanessa when we were sitting down on my bed, talking. I rolled my eyes. "He so does like you. I can see it. He compliments you and flirts with you...a lot. He's definitely in like you. Plus, he's really sweet to you. How can you not like him? He takes care of you. It's really cute. You should date him before some slag does. You will be very disappointed then because you would be too late."

I sighed. "Nessa, I don't even know if I like him. I mean it's weird. He's my best friend. I have no feelings for Jack, Rian, or Zack either. They're my best friends, too. Can't a girl and a boy be just friends? What kind of world do we live in?"

"They can be some times. It's just that you do like him but you don't realize it."

"I don't like him! I mean he does make me blush. Oh shit, that wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth."

"Hah! That's a sign right there that you're getting feelings for him. I know because you blush when you like a boy."

"But I don't want to!" I whined. I don't want to go through all of this again and end up getting my heart broken.

Vanessa sighed. "He seems different. I don't think he will break your heart and make you do things you don't want to do. He seems very sweet. If I were you, I would give him a chance."

"I don't want to ruin my friendship with him, V. Friendships are more important to me than anything."

"If the friendship is strong enough, I don't think dating and breaking up will get in the way of any of that. Think about it."
♠ ♠ ♠
The more I write this the cheesier it gets haha.
But it makes me fall in love with Alex.