Status: Complete: Possible re-write/re-post

Two Roads Split Off From Here

Holiday Planning, or Not?



We closed up for the night. It was a Wednesday, but a long weekend with Christmas coming up. I was driving home talking to Sonny. He’d been calling me a lot lately. I decided I should ask him what I had on my mind.

“Sonny? So, Christmas Eve is tomorrow, what are you doing?”

“Nothing. My family celebrates on Christmas Day.”

“Cool. I’m going to my mom’s tomorrow, would you like to come with?”

“Lisa, are you asking me on a date?”

“No! My mom just told me to bring a friend, and Steph’s gonna be with her family.”

“Sure, I’ll come. Do I have to dress up? What time?”

“No, just jeans and a nice shirt are fine, and you can come by my place anytime.”

“Now?”

“Now!? What?”

“What? I got nothing to do. What about you?”

“I was gonna go on a date with Ben and Jerry.”

“Can I come?”

“Fine, Sonny, you can come over now. If you’ll stop bugging me.” I laughed. “You have been calling me a lot lately.”

“Travis is either playing his bass or hanging out with Lauren. Derek’s been working a lot, and Matt’s just weird. I’ll be over soon.” He hung up.

I parked my car and went up. I grabbed the mail, and walked in. I was greeted by my cat, Tiger. Who says you can’t indulge yourself once in a while? I felt like I needed something happy, so I bought myself a kitten. He jumped up on the counter and watched me sort through my mail. I giggled when I saw him batting at one of the envelopes. I scooped him up.

“Oh, Tiger, you’re so cute sometimes. You hungry?”

I fed him and went to change into my pajamas. I was half changed when my buzzer went off. I ran out in my bra and pajama bottoms to the buzzer.

“Who be you?” I asked.

“Umm…Umm…some guy who can’t think of something threatening to say…damn.”

“Door’s open, Sonny.” I buzzed him in.

I ran to grab a shirt and walked out as he walked in.

“Pajama party?” he asked.

“Fuck yeah.”

“Cool, I’m raiding your fridge.”

I rolled my eyes. “What movie do you want to watch?”

“Don’t care. Aww, cute kitten.”

“Yeah, I was lonely. That’s Tiger.”

“Hi, kitty. Damn, Lis, you got a lot of ice cream.”

“Bring me a chocolate chip cookie dough,” I said, looking through my movie library.

I grabbed Saw III and popped it in my DVD player. Sonny came in and out with ice cream and pop, and popcorn. He then sat down on my couch. I started the movie and sat down next to him.

“Did it hurt getting those lip rings?” I asked, pointing out his snakebits.

“Not really.”

“Cause I want some too.”

“Ooh, you’d look hot with snakebits.”

“Really?” I turned to him.

“Yeah.”

I had the thought running through my mind, and I went back to the movie. I put all my food on the coffee table, because I lost my appetite watching the movie. Sonny did the same. Then he put his arm around me. Tiger jumped up and curled up on my lap. I glanced at Sonny’s hand on my shoulder. Don’t tell me he likes me too. Nah, it’s just a friendly thing.I leaned into him a little bit. That resulted in me falling asleep, and we weren’t even halfway through the movie.

He must’ve fallen asleep too, because I opened my eyes once, and it was two-thirty in the morning, and I was watching the menu for the movie. I turned my head and Sonny was sound asleep. His head was leaning against the back of the couch, but his neck was twisted funny. That’s gonna hurt in the morning.

“Sonny? Sonny,” I said, nudging him.

“Huh? What? Oh-oww,” he said in one breath as he woke up.

He groaned a little longer and his neck cracked. I cringed, and I moved to rub his neck a little.

“I had to wake you, cause that looked really uncomfortable. I didn’t want you to sleep like that for seven more hours.”

“Thanks.”

He grabbed the remote and turned off the DVD player and the TV, then we got comfortable on the couch again and fell asleep. For some reason, I felt comfortable sleeping in his arms.


Dun dun dun??? Eh? *Shrug*