Status: Complete: Possible re-write/re-post

Two Roads Split Off From Here

Christmas Wishes?



I woke up sometime around ten. I was a little stiff. Tiger was still curled up in my lap. I moved him off my lap to the other side of the couch. I got up, and cleaned up a little, while Sonny still slept. I looked at him sleeping. He looked so cute while he slept, and wasn’t high on sugar. Then I saw Tiger ready to pounce at him, because he moved and his hair moved across the couch.

“Tiger,” I whispered quickly. “No.” I picked him up just as he jumped. “Come on, let’s go in the bathroom. Let Sonny sleep.”

I went to the bathroom and ran the shower. Tiger sat up on my sink and watched me. It wasn’t the first time he even jumped in the shower with me either

“Tiger, you’re the only cat I know that likes water,” I said.

I got out of the shower, wrapped myself in a towel, and did the same with Tiger. I held him in the towel and rubbed him. Then I opened the door and he took off. Crap. I went after to make sure he wouldn’t attack Sonny. Sonny was awake though, watching the news.

“Nice towel,” he said.

I looked down and realized I was still wearing the towel, and only the towel. I ran to get dressed for later.

“Sonny, take a shower, we’re supposed to be at my mom’s at two!” I said.

“Okay!”

I threw on my light blue jeans, and my dark purple top. Using my bedroom mirror, I dried my hair and straightened it. I need a haircut, and fresh color, I thought. He came out dressed in black jeans, and a white shirt. I cleaned up a little bit then we headed off. We took his car, and he drove. I watched all the snow covered trees pass by. I would glance at Sonny, and I would get the thoughts that he really did like me.

“Sonny?”

“Hm?”

“I just want to thank you for not mentioning you-know-who,”

“You’re welcome. I just decided I didn’t want to try anymore. You said you want your decisions respected, and that’s a decision you made, so I’m going to respect it.”

“Thanks.” I leaned over and gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek.

He blushed a little, but I didn’t say anything. He pulled up my mom’s driveway. We got out, grabbed the few presents we had, and we headed in. We were greeted by my mom and half of my family. Sonny went off to play a game with my cousin. She was only thirteen years old, but she told me she had a crush on him. I feared for Sonny, but he’d be okay. I went to see if my mom needed any help.

“What happened to that one other guy you told me about?”

“Frank?”

“Yeah, him.”

“Long story, but we haven’t spoken in a couple weeks. Don’t say anything to Sonny, but it was Matt that did it. Frank bought me flowers to congratulate me on the new job, but on my last day, Sonny and Derek practically kidnapped me and tried to get me to talk to Matt. I wouldn’t, and when we got back, he kissed me, and Frank saw. He got pissed at me.”

“And you don’t hate Sonny because of this?”

“Mom, I could never hate Sonny. We’ve been friends since we were little. Are you sure you don’t need any help?”

“I’m fine. You should go make sure your cousin doesn’t have Sonny tied up in a bedroom applying makeup to him.”

I laughed and headed off. I found them upstairs with my sister also.

“Kelly!” I said excitedly, and I went to hug her.

“Is Sonny your boyfriend?” she whispered.

I shook my head. I saw my cousin scooting to sit next to Sonny. I laughed. A school girl crush. Then I got an idea, because I liked to tick off my cousin a lot. I nudged Sonny, and then I sat in his lap.

“Brittany, did you know that Sonny‘s my boyfriend?” I asked.

“Thanks,” he whispered in my ear.

“He is?” she asked.

“Yep.”

“Oh. I gotta pee.” She got up and left.

“Lisa, that was mean,” Kelly said.

“Sonny’s too old for her anyways, it had to be done,” I laughed.

“I thank Lisa for that. Brittany scares me. I’m afraid one day she’s gonna lock me in a room with her.”

“Sonny, she’s thirteen,” I said.

The three of us talked for a while. Then we went to go eat dinner. After dinner, we all tried to have an adult conversation, but didn’t have much luck with Brittany wanting to play games, or steal Sonny to sneak away. At around ten, Sonny and I left. He dropped me off at my apartment complex and he drove off. I went inside and for my door. That was when I saw him. He was sitting against the door, seemingly asleep.