Status: Complete: Possible re-write/re-post

Two Roads Split Off From Here

Interrogation?



I sighed seeing the figure sitting outside my door. Then my cell rang.

“Yes?” I asked, going back around the corner away from my door.

“LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Steph screamed back.

“Oh, oww, what?”

“He asked me! He asked me!!!!! He asked me to marry him!!!!!!”

“Gerard popped the question?” I asked happily.

“He did in front of my family. He asked me to marry him right in the middle of my living room in front of my mom, and my whole family!”

“Steph, that’s so sweet!” I was on the verge of tears of joy. “When are you getting married now?”

“He wants to do it on the fourth of July. Something about fireworks.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet. I can’t wait for it. I gotta go now, I’m home, and I want to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I’ll be there with your presents, Gerard’s gonna come with, is that okay?”

“Sure, I guess. I’ve no problem with it.”

“Cool. Okay, have fun, nighty night!”

“You too, and congrats.” I hung up and went back around the corner.

He was still sitting there. Knees pulled up into him, and his head resting on his knees. I walked up to him and nudged him with my foot.

“Hi, Frank,” I said.

“Hi, Lisa.” He looked up at me, then he stood up.

“Can I help you?” I asked, unlocking my door.

“Gerard told me everything. Lisa, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.”

“I know you didn’t know. Why didn’t you give me time to explain?”

I walked in and motioned for him to follow. He did and he sat on my couch. I took off my coat, and threw it over one of my kitchen chairs. Then I sat next to him, Tiger jumping up next to me.

“Cute kitten,” he said.

“Thanks. Now answer my question.”

He sighed. “I was hurt. I knew it was Matt, but I played it off like I didn’t know. I couldn’t believe he did that to you. The thought of that made me angry, because I like you, Lisa. I at least gave you the flowers.”

“You shoved them at me,” I said, slightly growing angry.

“Lisa? I know we haven’t known each other very long, only about a year, but…I think…I love you.”

I looked up into his eyes. He was ashamed, but so sorry, and sincere. He looked back at me, and grinned a little.

“Frank? I don’t know. You doing that hurt me really bad.”

“I know, I didn’t mean to, my emotions just got the best of me. I beat myself up everyday for the last couple weeks for doing that. I should’ve stayed and heard you out.”

He continued to look at me. So sincere. He really was sorry. He didn’t lie about it. He knows he hurt me, and he felt bad. Lisa! Now’s your chance, he’s weak, tell him!

“Frank?”

“Hm?”

“I believe you. And…I think…I love you too,” I said, blushing.

“So? Are we done with the interrogation?”

“I believe so,” I laughed. “Movie?”

“How about a five some. You, movie, Ben, Jerry, and me?” He asked.

I widened my eyes. “Okay. That sounds sweet. Cookie dough! What movie?”

“Pick one.”

I picked out the movie ‘Thirteen,’ and put it in. We watched the movie, and ate our ice cream. I looked over at Frank, and smiled. He really does like me!He looked at me and caught my eyes before I could turn away to blush. His arm slipped around my waist and he pulled me close to him. I felt something I hadn’t felt in a long time. I felt like I found someone who I can trust again. Someone who will respect me. Someone I can love forever. I hadn’t felt like this since Matt and I were freshmen in high school. I rested my head on his shoulder and continued to watch the movie.

“Lisa?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that.”

“Me too.”

“Do you think we would work out as a couple?”

“I think we can, Frank. I really do. I told Sonny not to even mention Matt, and he hasn’t since that night.” Then I remembered something. You gotta tell him that you think Sonny likes you. “Frank? I gotta tell you something.”

“Yes?”

“I don’t want you to get mad, but I have to talk to Sonny, because I think he might like me. He slept here last night, and came with me to my mom’s house today for the holiday. We kinda slept close to each other last night. I gotta talk to him about it though.”

“Okay.”

“You’re not mad are you?”

“No. You like him as your best friend. He’ll understand, and if he doesn’t, fuck him.”

“Frank!?” I was a little shocked he said that.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. I mean if he was to say he does like you, and you tell him you just want to be friends, but he doesn’t understand it, then he doesn’t deserve to be your friend.”

“I know.”

“Okay, we really gotta stop with the interrogations. Let’s just sit back and finish the movie.”

I grinned. “Okay. But on one condition.”

“What would that be?”

“You owe me a kiss,” I said with a laugh.

He leaned over me and planted a kiss on my lips. A quick one, but it was nice. I smiled and turned back to the TV.


PS....do I only have 2 people reading this.....if so I'll end it now....well....after Steph and Gerard's wedding....