Status: Complete: Possible re-write/re-post

Two Roads Split Off From Here

Ding Dong Ditch and A Break-In?

I went to my door and pressed the button.

“Who’s ringing?” I asked. No answer. “Fucking ding-dong ditch.” I grumbled.

I went and sat back down. I started to get into watching a movie Tiger curled up in my lap, and I was petting him. About an hour later, my buzzer went off again. I got up and answered it. No response again. Out of frustration, I walked out and went to the building entrance. I walked outside, and looked around. I couldn’t see much through the night sky.

“Anyone out there?” I asked.

There was no response.

“Whoever the hell you are, stop buzzing my apartment,” I said, turning to go back inside.

I listened for the door to close behind me, then headed back upstairs. I heard footsteps, then a door closed. I thought that someone else exited their apartment to check something, or bringing their laundry up. I walked back into my apartment and locked the door. I went back to the couch. Tiger looked up at me as if to ask me what was going on.

“Tigs, I have no clue what’s going on. I guess I’m being ding-dong-ditched,” I said.

I sat back down and turned my attention to the movie. I didn’t realize I fell asleep until the next thing I knew, the TV was off, and my apartment was silent. Silent and dark. I fumbled around for a light switch, or anything so I could see. After tripping on the table, I made my way to the kitchen, and tried to turn on the light. Nothing though. I managed to find a flashlight, and I walked around. All the other lights were out too. I went to my balcony thinking there was a power outage. No other lights were out though. I walked back inside.

“Who the fuck would cut the power to my apartment?” I asked aloud.

Something suddenly made me nervous. I tried to shake it off though as my mind playing tricks on me. I almost would’ve believed myself until I was grabbed from behind, and a hand clamped over my mouth. I struggled against whoever was holding me, but they were too strong.

“I always thought you were hard to trust people, but why did you come back to trusting me so quickly?” A voice rang in my ears.

My eyes got wide, and I fought against him as best as I could, but I couldn’t break away from him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Matt, wearing a devious looking grin. I continued to fight against him, and one of his hands let go of me, so I tried to fall out of his grip. He ended up holding me against the wall with his knee in my back. I felt a pinch on one of my arms, and before I could react, the fatigue swept over me and I was out.

When I came to, I thought I was paralyzed laying on my bed. I wasn’t paralyzed, I was just tied down. I went to scream, but the cloth stuffed in my mouth cut it off. I grew angry. Angry at Matt. Angry at myself for believing his bullshit lies. He walked into the room, holding a candle, flooding him in a dim yellow glow. Enough to make the grin he wore as creepy and sadistic looking as he could get it. I wasn’t scared. Okay I was, but not as much as I was angry.

“Matt, Imma fucking kill you!” I said as clearly as I could.

It was understandable, but not really loud. He heard it though. He approached the bed and leaned over me.

“I honestly did think you were hard to gain trust. Why the hell did you gain it back to me so fast?” he asked.

He clearly didn’t want me to answer, because he never removed the gag. He was just lucky I was restrained, otherwise he’d already be dead. I saw something glint in the dim candlelight. A blade. A knife. He grabbed the collar of my shirt, and brought the knife through the material through the bottom. Then he cut the sleeves and pulled the shirt away from me, discarding it.

I tried to scream at him, but they only came out as muffled grunting noises. I struggled as best as I could, hoping that I would somehow break free. Matt then pressed the tip of the knife to the flesh on my stomach. I stopped moving as a light stinging pain went through my body.

“Not so badass now are we?” he asked.

“Whaddya want?” I asked, again speaking as best as I could.

“I want you. That’s what. It’s time you gave me what I always wanted from you.”