Status: Complete: Possible re-write/re-post

Two Roads Split Off From Here

Freshman Year.

Chapter Three: “Freshman Year.”

“Matt, lemme see your schedule,” I said, snatching it out of his hand. “We’re in the same honors classes.”

“Cool. Come on, let’s find Steph, and Sonny. Aren’t they around here too?”

“Oh yeah. Come on.”

We walked out of the auditorium to find Stephanie and Sonny. I stuffed everything into my bag and we walked. It took a second to realize anything when he slipped his hand into mine. I looked at him and he grinned. A while later, I found Stephanie talking to a random guy. No Sonny in sight. She seemed to like the guy so we left her alone. Then we found Sonny talking to two other guys. We were going to leave him alone, but he saw us.

“Oh, this is my best friend, Matt,” he said. “Matt, this is Travis, and this is Derek.”

“What’s up?” Matt nodded towards them.

I cleared my throat.

“Oh, that’s his girlfriend, Lisa.”

“Who said we’re boyfriend and girlfriend?” I asked.

“For one, you’re holding hands,” Travis said.

I arched an eyebrow at him.

“Where’d you meet these two?” I asked.

“We got to talking, about music.”

“Cool. Okay, well, we’re gonna let you guys talk. Later,” Matt said.

We headed off and walked around the school. Since our freshman orientation thing was over, we went back to my house and to the tree house. On the way there, we stopped for food. We sat up in the tree house with our food and we talked about random stuff.

“You know, I always did think it would be me and you together, and then Steph and Sonny,” I said. “But she seemed to like that guy she was talking to.”

“I think Sonny likes her, but she likes him as a best friend.”

“Well, I thought we liked each other like best friends,” I grinned at him.

“Well, let’s talk about us then.”

“Okay?”

“Do you see us together in the future?” he asked.

“I dunno, do you?”

“Yeah I do.” He leaned down and gave me a kiss.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Throughout Freshman year of high school, we did grow more together with each other. Valentine’s Day was one day that I’d remember forever.

“Lisa, come on, we gotta go to school,” Matt called from the stairway.

“I’m coming! I lost my shoe. Who let you in the house anyways?”

“Your door was open. Your mom said I could come in. Can I come up?”

“Why, I’m coming right down.”

“I got something for you.” He was already standing in my bedroom doorway.

I looked and saw the flowers.

“Awww. You shouldn’t have. I hate flowers,” I laughed.

“Well, jeez. I try to do something nice for someone I love on this fruity ass
holiday,” he said sarcastically.

“For someone you love?” I gave him a look.

“Yes.” He grinned.

He put his hands on my sides and pulled me into him. He then wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. I reached up to give him a kiss.

“Come on, school awaits.”

He laced his fingers with mine as we walked to school. We got some stares, because we never held hands at school, but today we were.

“Wow, the dikey goth chick has a boyfriend,” some jock said.

“Shut up,” I said, but he followed us.

“What, it’s just a shock. I mean, he’s obviously too good looking for you, and well you, you dress like a guy, so…”

“So, if you want to keep your man parts, you’ll shut up,” Matt said.

“Matt, cut it out. This fucker always gives me a hard time,” I said. “He’s jealous.”

“Why would I be jealous of fem-boy and dike girl?”

“Because you said he was good looking. Maybe you have a thing for him,” I said.

He rolled his eyes. “It’s not nice to question one’s sexuality.”

“You’re not denying it. Plus, you questioned mine,” I said.

“That’s different.”

“Whatever. Come on, Matt,” I grabbed his hand.

“Wait a sec.” Matt stopped and went up to the jock.

“Gay boy alert!” he shouted. “I don’t want you hitting on me.”

“I don’t want you hitting on me neither,” Matt said, then he grabbed the arm of some random preppy chick that walked by. “Here, why don’t you go fuck her?”

The crowd around us all let out a low ‘Oooh.’ I just shut my eyes.

“I’m not like that. Especially with a teacher.”

“Excuse me. Mr. Good. I think you ought to go to the dean’s office, now.”

“Oh, Ms. Bradshaw. I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t care. Go now.”

He walked away and I followed. I kept looking at the clock watching it get closer to bell time. He walked out just as the bell rang.

“I got suspended for the rest of the week. In school. I’ll see you later.” He gave
me a kiss on the cheek and left.


Matt Matt Matt....you gotta be careful buddy hahaha