Status: Active, when we find the time :D

Truth of Their Hearts

Chapter 3

Florence's P.O.V

I woke up with a start. It was very dark and I got out of bed and stumbled over something on the floor; my shoes. I wondered how I had gotten myself properly into bed without my shoes on, I was so drunk last night.
I looked at the alarm clock by the side of the bed, it read 3:30 am. Wow I was up very early, I though I would have slept really late, I wasn't one bit tired anymore.
I thought I'd take a shower, be nice and ready, anyway I stunk of strong alcohol, and my hair did too, I'd give it a nice wash...
I got out of the shower and left my hair to dry naturally, I sat down on the hotel sofa, and switched on the medium sized T.V, It was on the music channel, and MY song was playing, from last night's concert, I could see Eli playing the guitar.
ELI!, my stomach turned over. Was he okay? What had he thought of me last night? oh my god, how could I face him, now, he must think terribly of me!! My head started to spin round and round. I know, I'll ring him to have breakfast with me in the lobby buffet, then i will get down on my knees and beg for forgiveness, I should NEVER have done what I did last night.
I dialed Eli's number and waited for him to pick up.
"Hello" he said in a crackly voice that didn't sound like he was too thrilled with being called.
"It's umm... me, Florence"
"Florence what are you doing?"
"What, I'm just calling to say...... Oh damn, I'm so sorry, I forgot what time it was, I wasn't tired so I forgot. Stupid me" I whacked myself across the head with the back of my hand, maybe a little too hard.
" OUCH!" I screamed
"What, What?" Eli asked panicking
"oh, it's nothing I just whacked myself across the head with my hand"
"umm... why?"
"Because I was...... oh, don't worry"
"Sooo, why did you ring?"
"Oh, wanna have breakfast in 4 hours?"
"Sure, but I'm not tired anymore. I'll have a shower and come round to your room, If you don't mind, that is"
"Cool, but do you still wanna have breakfast in 4 hours?"
"Sure, but no drinks at breakfast" Eli said jokingly
"Ha ha, very funny, but I won't" I answered back.

End of P.O.V

Eli's P.O.V

I rushed into the shower, and scrubbed at myself, I wanted to smell as fresh as a daisy for Florence.
I came into the room and toweled my hair dry, I put some after shave on, and pulled on some clean clothes.
I sat down on the sofa and switched on the T.V, I sat there for about 5 minutes, too make it look like I hadn't really cared about coming round.
I wondered if Florence had a bad hang over, and would be moody, but she seemed pretty perky on the phone.
I walked to Florence's room and knocked on the door, I waited for a minute and there was no reply, I knocked again and there was still no reply, was she mad at me, and if she was what had I done to make her ignore me, I mean, she was the one who rung me.
I knocked again, and there was still no reply, I was beginning to get a bit worried, Florence wasn't really one for giving you the silent treatment or ignoring you, she gave in too easily, but she had taken a bit too long. I tried her mobile phone, it rung for ages, but then it told me to leave a message, I said:
"Hey, Florence, It's Eli, you're worrying me a bit now, this may be really stupid and you're just in the bathroom or something, but please pick up, don't joke around here!"
I heard something groan in there, I decided my last resort, Florence and I had given each other our second key cards to get in the rooms in case of an emergency, so I slipped mine through, and let myself in.
I stepped in and couldn't see a sign of Florence anywhere, the bed was made and all of her belongings were neatly put into her suitcase.
"Floz?"
No reply, I looked at her mobile phone and it read '1 missed call: <3 Eli <3' I could feel myself getting hot and sick, were those hearts friendly or did they mean something else?
I looked around and went into the bathroom...
"FLORENCE!" I screamed, she sprawled out on the floor, and was unconscious.
"Florence, can you hear me?" I asked in a voice filled with terror.
"uhhhh" Florence moaned
"Florence Welch, what happened to you?!?!?!?!"
"Eli Penrose, I must have just fainted, I'm fine"
"You scared me half to death, i was knocking at your door, and ringing your phone! why did you faint?"
"I don't know, I might have just had a head rush and collapsed" Florence answered, carefree.
"well, are you okay, now?" I asked, looking into her eyes and feeling her temperature.
"I'm fine, I'm fine, lets go watch some T.V, breakfast is in two hours, anyway"
"Two hours, how fast has time gone?"
"I must have given you a scare and you didn't realize the time" Florence said smiling.
We sat down and watched T.V until breakfast.

End of P.O.V

Florence and Eli walked down to breakfast together, Eli inhaled deeply and smelled Florence's sweet smell of flowery soap, for some reason, Eli couldn't get his mind off those hearts that had been around his name, did he want Florence to like him in that way? They had been best friends since they were young, did he want to change that forever? .............
♠ ♠ ♠
Collaboration with CaitlinChaos, HUD
AND ME EleanorEatsYou :):):)