Lovedrunk

dream

The soft blanket gently rubbed against my bare arms, I was so tired but I didn’t sleep all night, I didn’t know why I was having a sleeping disorder, I slept regularly, I didn’t eat before bedtime but I still have sleepless nights.“wake up dear, happy birthday!” chanted my mother, Amara.I slowly opened my eyes to received the bright rays bearing through the windows. The year had gone by so fast that the concept of being fifteen disappeared.“I’m so proud of you, you grew up to fast” her mother said through her theatrical sobs, after a minute she huffed out a sigh then said,“meet me downstairs.” Then mom left the room, I got out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror. I was slim and had pale skin.

Her eyes were violet and looked like a supernova against her dark brunette hair, I was one of the twins. The other, Ferida.I took a shower then quickly got dressed and headed for the stairs. Ferida was standing there, staring at the wall blankly.“you ready?” I said, Ferida looked at me and smiled.“happy birthday, lee”.We walked down together Ferida in a t-shirt and jeans with UGG boots. Whilst I wore my usual black shirt and purple skirt with black boots.For identical twins they were immensely different. “my twin troubles, I remember when you were first saying momma, wow, you’re young women how time flies by,” exclaimed their mother.“sit down, sit down.” insisted their sister, Ariel. We sat obediently and started choosing from their ‘mini birthday buffet’, I quietly chewed whilst Ferida ranted on about getting a nose job.“but mom, it’s not fair I’m 16 now! I’m responsible” wailed the brat.Their mother gave a slight smile then declined the offer.“don’t worry baby, mom will soon notice you. She’s just not with it. If you think changing might help then no!”I opened my birthday card and read the note inside twice then realising how cheery and bright everyone else’s moods’ were. I kept struggling to think that I was from the same DNA pool.

Everyone had blue eyes and fair skin. Why didn’t I? those were one of the mysteries that soon led me into chaos.“I fell tired, I wanna just lay down, I’m off to my bedroom.” I headed for the stairs when my brother, Marcus said,“lee, it’s the morning,” he was sitting in the corner of the floor.“Marcus, I didn’t see you there.” I smiled at him and then headed for the stairs, I laid down on my bed and it only took me a few second for me to drift off.After a few minutes, I found myself in a hospital.

I realized it must be a dream. The detail of the dream flood into my mind, Ferida had been rushed into hospital, the doctors said they had found unknown drugs she was operated on and put in intense care. I sat beside her, I watched my mother weep in dismay my brother held Ariel tight. I only shed the one tear. It rolled down my cheek and onto Frieda’s hands, with a sudden shift Ferida had opened her eyes.They were filled with fatigue wait! They were green!, what’s going on?, I thought. This was not right. On one noticed. The people around me, their eyes were green too! Suddenly their attention was then drawn to me, they started closing in, taking my air, this was not happening.I woke up in the blacked out room with a sudden jolt. I had fallen on the floor .

Marcus ran in and helped me up. “are you alright? Liliyan stop mumbling, your safe,” I looked up at Marcus, his strawberry blonde hair all messed up, his blue eyes glittered with worry.“I’m alright” I said, trying to erase the worry in his eyes.Marcus hugged me. I reflected on the last few seconds of the dream and the day, I had just turned sixteen but still had issues about dreams pathetic. Soon I would be going to UNI but obviously not if I carried on like this.Then abruptly an image of Ferida from the dream flash in my mind.“Marcus get off me, I need to check Ferida,” Marcus smooth face change into confusion.“why?”, my mouth opened to speak but closed it because I didn’t want Marcus to be worked up.“just leave me alone Marcus, I just need to go Ferida, unless you want to hear…” Marcus face twisted in horror.“lee, stop, go before I puck on you and the carpet,” I sprinted toward the front of my sister’s bedroom door.I knocked on her door,“Ferida?” called out, no response, a whole minute went pass and I got kind of frustrated.

“Ferida, you idiot!, open the bloody door, ahhhgg, I hope your decent, I’m coming in!” I slowly opened the heavy floral door. The bedroom was big and colourful with flowers painted on the walls. Their was a door that was painted orange, inside was big collection of clothes,( fashion lover).I looked around her room, her bed neat and tidy, her CD’s lined up in order and her make up lined up by colour. She was nowhere to be seen, suddenly her pc was flashing and making a loud noise, I went up to it and looked at the screen, Ferida had received an email, my curiosity had got the better of me, I was itching to read it but I remembered that stupid contract I sighed, there was something about ‘privacy is golden’.“Ferida, if you won’t read this email then I will”, I clicked it opened.the things I read shocked the life out of me.