Jack Likes to Macarena

1/1

“Jack Barakat! Jack Barakat! Do we have a Jack Barakat anywhere?” a woman was yelling, her voice shrill and piercing through the air.

Instantly, Jack jumped to his feet. “That’s my cue!”

He started bounding towards the car where the noise was coming from. However, he wasn’t five feet away when familiar hands pulled him back and dragged him out of sight.

“What the hell are you doing?” his best friend and band mate Alex Gaskarth hissed, his eyes darting around them nervously. “You promised me you wouldn’t do this again, not before an interview.”

One glance at Jack’s childlike, angelic looking face might fool you into thinking he was entirely innocent. But Alex knew better.

He grabbed the brown paper bag loose in Jack’s grip and dangled it in his face. “Why, Jack?” he beseeched him. “What is it with you and skittles?”

Jack offered him his most beguiling smile. “They taste like rainbows.”

Letting the bag drop, Alex sighed. “You’re ridiculous, you know that? You’re supposed to be twenty one, not one. Act your age for once, yeah?”

A grin spread across the other boy’s face and instantly Alex regretted his choice of words.

“I never wanna act my age,” Jack sung, his voice not unlike the sound made by scratching your fingernails down a chalkboard, “what’s my age again, what’s my age again?”

“Jack-”

“That’s about the time that she broke up with me, no one should take themselves so seriously,” he continued, ignoring Alex.

“Jack-”

“I never wanna act my age, what’s my age again, what’s my-”

“JACK BASSAM BARAKAT!” Alex roared, shaking his so called friend hard by his shoulders. “God help me if you do not shut up right now I will cut off your dick and strangle you with it. Got it?”

Suddenly mute, Jack nodded, like a child being scolded by their parent.

Alex sighed. It was impossible to be angry with him when he looked that cute.

Cute in a childlike way, obviously. They were just friends. They were. Although internet fan fiction sites would have you believe otherwise. They were just friends.

“Can we do the interview now?” Jack asked, his eyes wide to project his innocence as far as he could.

Alex sighed again. “Yes, Jack. We can do the interview now.”

“Yes!” he cried, bounding towards the car where the interviewer woman was waiting, impatience etched in her unlined face. “Jack likes to Macarena!”

Unable to stop the grin spreading across his face, Alex headed after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was goosed.
I know it's terrible.