Confessions of a Teenage Zombie

Tragic Love Story

I stormed up the stairs, making my way to my room. I ran right into Art, causing him to fall down. I looked down and glared at him. He looked up at me.

"Brendon, be careful," he said, a hint of anger in his voice.

"You were in my way," I replied. I turned and walked past him, slamming my door behind me. All I wanted to do was help Ryan, but no, he gets all mad at me. And now Brent's mad because I wanted to help.

I went to my bed, throwing my pillows everywhere. I scanned the room, thinking of something else to trash. I went to my dresser, opening it and throwing all my clothes around. I could hear a gentle knock on the door, but I ignored it. It was probably Art wanting to bug me about how rude I was.

"Brendon?" It was Shane, and not Art. I stopped what I was doing and went to the door, opening it a bit. "Hey. I heard Ryan yelling, and I wanted to know what happened."

"Nothing," I growled. Shane nodded his head. He was pretty understanding if I didn't want to talk. He poked his head in and looked around. He pushed past me and came in. "Shane."

"What?" he inquired, his gaze falling to a pile of thrown clothes. He turned to me. "I never took you for the kind of guy to throw your clothes around in anger, but I guess anything can happen."

"Yeah," I mumbled. I looked around at the mess, realizing it had done very little to make me feel better. I turned to Shane, who was looking at my clothes intently. "I'm gonna go for a walk. I think that the fresh air will do me good."

"Okay!" Shane turned to me and smiled. I don't think I've ever seen him not in a good mood. "Hey, I'll pick all of this up for you, okay?"

"Thanks." I smiled, walking over to grab my phone before leaving the room. I glanced at Art's door, which was closed. Because, you know, someone said something mean to the all powerful Art, and now he was angry! Oh no!

I huffed and went downstairs, leaving the house. I took a left, not even knowing where I was going. I just needed to clear my head, so I guess it didn't matter.

An hour later, and I stopped. I didn't know why, but I felt like I just had to. I looked over, noticing dead trees and the shambles of what used to be some sort of building. I turned to face the sight fully.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked twice. I looked over my shoulder, seeing a mailbox. I walked over to it, looking at the side. The name 'Urie' was written in bold letters. I gasped and turned back to the house.

I stepped over a fallen tree branch and got to the pathway leading to the house. I looked over at the spot where I remembered crawling to before I had taken my last breath. I climbed onto the porch and went inside.

I could smell a faint hint of ash. I looked in what used to be the family room. The walls were dark, and most of the furniture had burnt, leaving little bits here and there. I covered my face and ran out as fast as I could.

I ran across the street, hearing a horn. I looked over, seeing a car. Instead of diving out of the way, I just stared at it. I crossed my arms over my body as it attempted to slow down before hitting me fully.

I opened my eyes, seeing Jon's face above me. I blinked slowly.

"Am I dead?" I murmured. His eyes widened, and I started to panic, thinking something might have fallen off. What if I'm missing a leg, or my whole lower torso fell off? I sat up, looking around. No blood was surrounding me. I looked to my right, seeing Alex on a cell phone.

"Oh man, you just appeared out of nowhere," Jon said quickly, taking my arm to help me to my feet. "I'm so sorry, I tried to stop."

"Yeah." I got up, twisting my upper torso left and right. I heard a slight snap. "I wasn't watching where I was going. I'm trying to figure out my way around Vegas."

"Way to go." Jon chuckled and turned to Alex. "He's fine, kiddo! No need for an ambulance!"

"Okay!" Alex exclaimed back. He hung up the phone and walked over, handing the cell phone to Jon. I noticed Alex wearing dark pajama pants. I smiled. He looked down at himself, and frowned.

Great, I made him feel even more self-conscious than he already felt.

"So," I turned back to Jon, trying to think of how to get Alex's mind off of how he was dressed, "you two on a super hot date or something?"

"Nah. This kid's jailbait even if I wanted to." Jon laughed. I chuckled and glanced at Alex, who was staring at the road. "I'm just driving around. I demanded Alex get some fresh air before he becomes paler than a ghost."

"Ghosts actually aren't pale, but somewhat transparent." My mouth was going to get me killed. At least, it would if I weren't already dead. I cleared my throat. "Or, that is going to be my take on it for my upcoming movie."

"You're writing a movie?" Alex asked, looking at me. I nodded my head. "About ghosts?"

"Kind of. It's a tragic love story, as well as a horror movie." I scratched the back of my head. Jon looked around before running off. My idea must have scared him. Alex was still with me. "So the antagonist is a ghost, and he has this scary house."

"Does he kill people?" Alex inquired.

"Well, I don't want to give too much of the plot away, but his house is like a death trap," I explained. Alex clasped his hands together and walked toward me. "Yeah, I'm gonna be a big director. I just need to finish up the script and find some actors."

Jon came back a moment later carrying the hat I had been wearing. I kind of forgot about it. He handed me the hat, which I put on my head backwards.

I was the epitome of cool.

"So you wanna tag along with us? We're gonna get pizza." Jon smiled. I smiled back and looked at Alex, who was nodding his head and biting his lip. He was probably hoping I'd say yes.

Eh, why not?

"Sure." I smiled again, and the three of us got into Jon's car. I was in the back, while Jon and Alex had the front. It made sense; they were probably good friends, and I was technically a stranger.

Jon looked over at my old house before driving off.

I could swear he looked like he wanted to cry.